• Breaking News

    Friday, June 10, 2022

    Ace Attorney The Twelfth r/AceAttorney Case Maker Contest

    Ace Attorney The Twelfth r/AceAttorney Case Maker Contest


    The Twelfth r/AceAttorney Case Maker Contest

    Posted: 01 Jun 2022 02:40 AM PDT

    It's been three months, so let's get case-cracking!

    As before, your task is to write up an Ace Attorney case where a noun I supply below is an important part of the case. After the deadline passes (see below), submissions will no longer be taken and the community will vote for submissions in a Google Form. The top three submissions will move to the second round and community members will vote on which will win first, second, and third place. The prizes for those respective places are:

    1st Place: 5 credits of Reddit Gold

    2nd Place: 3 credits of Reddit Gold

    3rd Place: 1 credit of Reddit Gold

    In the comments, I will make a post that will give a template of what your submission should look like. If possible, please fill in all the sections in the template, including N/A if needed.

    Regarding the description area, feel free to be descriptive as possible! If you fear the post is too long, you may post the description over several comments or through another source such as Pastebin or Google Docs. There is no word limit, so please do not worry about such.

    The comment I'll supply below, feel free to reply to it in regards to questions or general discussion. The rest of the thread is for submissions only.

    And remember, don't hold back your creativity! Your case can be a standard AA case, it can be a reminiscence case, or an Investigations-styled case! However, there are some limitations.

    Firstly, your case shouldn't involve any topics of sexual abuse of any kind. If your case does involve so, you're disqualified. Overly gory cases are allowed, but make sure there's a reason for that, and don't have it be gory just for the sake of being so. You won't be disqualified, but you may lose some credibility points. Also, joke posts are allowed, but only ones that are well-thought out, clever, and/or high-quality. Anything like "ThE PHoEnIX wiRIGHT TUnraBOOT: sOMEONE DIED aND phEENIX HAd TO dFEENdED THem!!!1!" is not allowed.

    If you're concerned about crossing one of these lines, message me and I'll work with you to make sure your case abides by the guidelines.

    Other than those limitations; don't hold your creativity back!

    The noun for this contest is: Piano

    The deadline for this contest is Wednesday, June 22, 11:59 PM EST. This gives entrants three weeks to plan and write their cases.

    Good luck, and good cases!

    submitted by /u/teamcrazymatt
    [link] [comments]

    I put Sholmes and Naruhodo on my grad cap!

    Posted: 10 Jun 2022 05:50 AM PDT

    Hedgeworth

    Posted: 10 Jun 2022 10:47 AM PDT

    Ace A-bear-ney (Thanks to Build A Bear UK. I'll make a wee badge for the lapel later)

    Posted: 10 Jun 2022 11:59 AM PDT

    *Objection (2002) starts rapidly increasing in volume*

    Posted: 09 Jun 2022 07:20 PM PDT

    Go for it, Rei!

    Posted: 10 Jun 2022 06:19 AM PDT

    TAKE THAT! Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy is now available on iOS/Android!

    Posted: 10 Jun 2022 01:53 PM PDT

    All these years later, and I'm still not sure how to feel about the implication that Phoenix's spiky hair is apparently part of his skull.

    Posted: 09 Jun 2022 11:50 PM PDT

    Bought the android trilogy release - do the sprites look different or is it just me?

    Posted: 10 Jun 2022 02:27 AM PDT

    Athena ✨️✨️

    Posted: 10 Jun 2022 02:11 AM PDT

    How important are the game play parts of Ace Attorney to you?

    Posted: 10 Jun 2022 10:35 AM PDT

    I asked a similar question in the Visual Novel Thread and the answers were filled with people who prefer VNs with little to no gameplay. I was curious so I decided to ask this community the same thing. If Ace Attorney's court and investigation sections were on rails with no "puzzle solving," would you still enjoy the series on its story, music, and animations alone?

    submitted by /u/Blueisland5
    [link] [comments]

    Did Anyone Else Dislike DD?

    Posted: 10 Jun 2022 09:26 AM PDT

    I feel once DD hit, I didn't really like the direction of the main series. Of course, I think it can be a good introduction to those new to the series, since it's more of a self contained game. But it's bad, when I don't remember much about it. Like the characters who were introduced besides Athena and Simon are kinda meh to me. Cases I didn't find memorable. Like I could tell you about the last case maybe and the one at school, but beyond that, there wasn't a case I'd be like yeah, I loved it!! (The DLC was maybe, my favorite case.)

    I had been excited when I first played because it had been such a long time since the last PW game, but eventually the excitement wore down and playing through it felt like a slog. There was so much handle holding. Some characters were reduced to one joke...and basically almost no trace of what happened in AJ.

    Phoenix suddenly returns to his goofy self and instead of giving poor Apollo a better story he's acting like an emo head case throughout...with Athena now crammed into the mix. It was way too busy. I think they made the mistake of having so many main characters and not completing Apollo's story. Since tbh it wasn't really his story in AJ. Everyone else is answering for you, even Trucy. You didn't even have a major role in your own game lol...It's remedied better by SOJ but...

    So much talk of the Dark Age. But I feel like the 1st game and AJ show you what it is. Redd White, von Karma, Gant, Kristoph--all clients you had in AJ, like you could feel the corruption and see how it impacted things. DD just felt so heavy handed with it, that it almost felt comical in comparison.

    I feel like the direction is weird because games 1-4 were a bit more personal. The characters' stories were a bit more compact. From DD to SOJ it now feels like plot wise, the stakes have to keep being raised and I feel they're running low on ideas lol. If the stories were smaller and more personal like that had been in the past, I don't think we'd hit the same issues... I mean in SOJ they took on a country who hated lawyers, what's next? They were threatened with death if they lost. The mob? Apollo goes back, so do we focus on him? Athena?

    I just feel like they keep veering more into the territory of the world is at stake, which means each game now has to be a totally fresh plot. Whereas before in games 1-3, Phoenix, Maya, Edgeworth, etc...their personal narratives really pushed the games forward. We didn't have to blow up the court. I felt more attached to those stories, whereas when I look at DD and SOJ I feel more detached partly I believe because we're head hopping a lot. I wish we could bring our focus back to one person more often because it feels a little more real and relatable, like you were really in their head.

    I know it won't happen and I might eventually write a fic for it, but I would have loved to have seen everything from AJ on to be written more like the trilogy. Apollo get his arc fleshed out, then we introduce Athena...not the let's throw everyone in at once one big ol story parade!

    I always wanted to see more of how Klavier was after the events of AJ, god willing he had to take out his best friend and brother in the same year, but DD hand waves it like it was nothing. Ema still hated him for some reason that was never resolved bc it seemed like it would have been bc he essentially ended the career of someone she admired. Jurist system was never spoken of again lol. Chess master Phoenix gone, I would have in the very least liked to have seen him like, keep more aspects of hobo Phoenix? Not just a complete flip after 7 years of acting that way.

    I know there's contention...I feel like people either hate AJ or like DD or vice versa. AJ is not a perfect game by any means, but I thought where it was going was really interesting.

    submitted by /u/notimdead
    [link] [comments]

    Ace Attorney Trilogy on Android is here

    Posted: 10 Jun 2022 02:45 PM PDT

    I just found out that the ace attorney trilogy came out 2 weeks ago. Just needed to inform yall since it has only 1+ downloads in the play store and one of the people in this subreddit asked for it.

    submitted by /u/N0ZA77
    [link] [comments]

    I still think that white would have done something later, what do you think?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2022 07:31 PM PDT

    [The Great Ace Attorney 2 Spoilers] Why he gotta be so dapper

    Posted: 09 Jun 2022 11:23 PM PDT

    Just finished Ace Attorney Trilogy, my thoughts (spoilers)

    Posted: 10 Jun 2022 05:09 AM PDT

    I just finished all three games from Ace Attorney Trilogy as well as Rise from the Ashes and I wanted to give my thoughts. I'm going to start with a statement that may or may not be controversial: I liked Justice for All more than Trials and Tribulations despite it having more flaws.

    The first game Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney is pretty simple and has a clean introduction and conclusion. I don't think there's much to say on it. I like its soundtrack more than the following two games.

    I will consider Rise from the Ashes separately from AA1. I wasn't a big fan on how it retconned Edgeworth so much. You're introduced to him in AA1 as someone who is willing to do dirty things in the attempt to get a guilty verdict every time, and I thought it was implied that he was doing this when he came up with a new autopsy report. Whether or not it is a real autopsy report, it shows that he wasn't playing nice. However, I felt that RftA made him too nice in that it kind of showed him as being more noble in his causes and that it was the police/detectives who gave him the "dirty evidence". I feel that this change in his characterization wasn't even necessary because in the second game there is a time gap between when he leaves behind prosecuting and when he comes back and he has supposedly changed during that time period, so there is no need to make him change more explicitly. Also, I thought that it was weird that they changed his reason for "choosing death" since having the traumatic experience as the reason was more compelling than the new reason (fake evidence rumors).

    Also, I played on a computer rather than the DS so I had annoyance with the fingerprinting minigames, though that is something I can't fault the game too much for since I am not on the original platform. The security camera footage was pretty awful though.

    Meekins is the worst thing in existence, Ema I thought was annoying. I didn't like how she was so immature and would say "I love science" so much. Someone might say Maya is not very mature either but at least she is funny. Ema is not. Also Maya is supposed to be silly and I got the impression that when she says something she is just saying it for fun, like how Phoenix will say something sarcastic to her. Ema seemed more serious about it.

    RftA was fun when playing and I liked how the characters become more interesting the more you play. I didn't really understand why Gant he seemed to help you so much with your case and it seemed like writers were making it too easy for the player.

    I appreciate that JFA was more ambitious than the first game but it had the big issue of seeming like it was rushed through production. I feel like it could easily be 100 times better if they spent more time on it.

    The tutorial case for JFA is pretty awful and is not able to be salvaged. I will pretend it doesn't exist.

    Case 2-2 (Reunion, and Turnabout) was pretty good. I can't decide whether or not I like it more than 2-4 or not. I thought the villain Miney was interesting and had the best motive, I liked how the victim Grey was an actual character with a personality. I also thought the introduction for Pearl was good since most other characters they will introduce upon meeting the first time. With Pearl it took multiple times meeting her before you could speak to her. Also, in contrast to Cody from the Samurai case in AA1, she isn't a whiny kid who does the opposite of help you. I thought it was strange how the case seems to end early. I feel like they forgot Morgan existed toward the end. The addition of profiles as evidence and magatama is a good addition to the game.

    Case 2-3 (Turnabout Big Top) I thought was overhated when I began playing it but then I realized why it was hated so much the more I played it. Circus music is bad, the ventriloquist is awful, Regina is so boring that it makes you suspect that she is the real villain. I didn't understand why all of the characters adored her so much when she has 0 personality. That is the real mystery in this case.

    I also thought that in Big Top the villain was introduced too late and we have no feel for his personality. The cape trick was dumb and your client Maximillian had a little Meekin's phenomenon every time he threw his cards with the flash sound. I like the reminiscence song for this case though.

    Case 2-4 (Farewell, My Turnabout) was pretty fun. I liked the investigation sequences and the first trial day. The second trial day seemed to drag on for too long and I thought the villain (both Matt and De Killer) lacked personality. Wasn't a big fan on Adrian Andrews once she becomes her helpless version. Her suave version is better. Saving Maya didn't seem necessary to me. You can achieve the same "guilty vs not guilty plea" with or without the Kidnapped Maya plotpoint. I didn't find this plotpoint very bad but when another "Save Maya" happens in T&T I thought it was annoying you have to save her too much, and I feel like if one of the two had to go it would be this one.

    Out of the three in the trilogy I think JFA has the best ending. It is very heartwarming and concludes Franziska's arc well. Also, the aftercredits scene was nice. Additionally, I think this game has the best "Telling the Truth" song. I appreciate how this game tried to parallel the first game (most obvious is instead of teaching Edgeworth what it means to be prosecutor it teaches Phoenix what it means to be defence attorney) but it also drew parallels with the second case being Maya's attorney and little things such as both von Karma's being shot in the shoulder. I think it was not very well realized and that the game seems a little rushed when making, but I see what they were trying to do and I appreciate it.

    I think from a storytelling perspective T&T is the most competent. However, I did not find the humor as funny in this one. I thought that jokes overstayed their welcome too often (hemorrhoids jokes and Gumshoe poverty jokes that were seen as character traits in previous game are now the characters' personality themselves). Something bad happened to Larry, and Oldbag should have stayed in AA1 and never made appearances after that. Pearl is too convenient, appears and disappears when she is or isn't needed, and I feel like writers only use her to push plot forward and she does not do much outside of that. I also did not like the soundtrack too much.

    Godot is not as good as Edgeworth or Franziska and his coffee jokes seem like his only personality trait. Young Mia is also weird in that they give her a personality when old Mia still retains her tutorial character personality. I wish Dahlia had more motives other than "I am evil" and Irish becomes less interesting once it is revealed she is not Dahlia in disguise. I appreciate that Phoenix and Iris do not get together, since it seems like the main theme of this game is leaving the past behind. I do think it is weird that Maya does not seem fazed her mom died in front of her.

    Wasn't a big fan of Mask-DeMasque and not-Mask-DeMasque, thought they were both annoying. The wife was cool though. Adrian Andrews wasn't necessary. Edgeworth in flashback isn't necessary either, I don't think he and Mia have interesting dialogue with each other. Doesn't it also ruin his "had a perfect record before Phoenix" description?

    The conclusion was satisfying in that it ended the trilogy with no loose ends, but the conclusion was unsatisfying when it came to concluding this game itself. It feels very rushed and I have no idea of what each character will go or is headed in the future. Unlike AA1 where it is obvious what Edgeworth is feeling and Maya leaving, etc. or in JFA where Franziska leaves and Edgeworth has changed from AA1 and the other characters are happy, in T&T we completely forget about our friends we leave with the French guy and the future of Maya and Pearl and Phoenix isn't too clear. There is no aftercredits either unlike JFA so it seems like the conclusion isn't as conclusive to me. And I feel like the character who is supposed to have changed in this game is Maya but she doesn't seem to have changed much. She accepts she is supposed to be the new Master but she was already going to undergoe "Special Course" training before the ending, so not much as changed. Godot has a realization but he doesn't seem important, he disappears after the case ends.

    I have a question about Iris, she says something about "atone for her sins" when you meet her in the temple but what is she referring to here?

    Edit: I forgot about this part but when you play as Edgeworth that was good.

    submitted by /u/Yea_Hath_God_Said
    [link] [comments]

    Without spoiling much if possible, could someone explain to me why Dual Destinies is rated M?

    Posted: 10 Jun 2022 11:14 AM PDT

    Ace Attorney Trilogy Mobile trailer's out

    Posted: 09 Jun 2022 07:55 PM PDT

    Weekly Poll [33b]: Who is your least favourite assistant?

    Posted: 10 Jun 2022 05:00 AM PDT

    With Ace Attorney Trilogy 2022 coming out a few hours ago. The notoriously bad Ace Attorney Trilogy HD has been delisted forever.

    Posted: 09 Jun 2022 10:25 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment