• Breaking News

    Saturday, February 5, 2022

    Ace Attorney I wanted to share my Mia Fey cosplay! 😊💜

    Ace Attorney I wanted to share my Mia Fey cosplay! ����


    I wanted to share my Mia Fey cosplay! ����

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 04:19 PM PST

    [OC] My fan poster for the 2nd Phoenix Ace Attorney game — Justice for all :)

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 11:06 AM PST

    Finished Drawing of Jezail Brett

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 06:26 PM PST

    Maya enjoying a Bigbang Burger, because why not

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 02:56 PM PST

    Ace Attorney Anime

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 03:02 PM PST

    Does anyone know where I can buy/stream the OST? I really like a few of the tracks and would love to not have to open YouTube every time I want to hear it, haha.

    submitted by /u/blazon_paradox
    [link] [comments]

    My unpopular Ace Attorney opinions.

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 03:02 PM PST

    I finished DGS2 3 days ago. Before then, I last played Spirits of Justice about 4 years ago.

    Anyway, because DGS1 and DGS2 left such an impression on me, I just felt like posting my unpopular opinions of the Ace Attorney games. Keep in mind that I am going to be going off mostly on feelings and memories as opposed to actual arguments, since It's been so long since I last played these games. Anyway, without further ado:

    • Ace Attorney 1 - I actually have no unpopular opinions that I can think of when it comes to this game.
    • JFA - Case 2 is not as good as people make it out to be. It's a good case, but it's not too memorable imo.
    • T&T - Case 3 is bad. Enough said.
    • AJ -
      • Not sure if this is unpopular or not, but Kristoph Gavin is my fourth favourite villain in the whole franchise, right behind Blaise Debeste, Simon Keyes and Enoch Drebber and just in front of Dahlia and Matt Engarde. He is awesome.
      • I honestly enjoyed case 4 much more than most people it seems. Even with all it's flaws, like the dumb plot holes and weird pacing and weird Mason system, I still liked it quite a bit.
    • AAI -
      • Case 1,2 and 3 were not nearly as bad as some people make them out to be. Case 1 is a serviceable first case. Nothing amazing, but nothing bad either. Case 2 is an entertaining case. Nothing amazing or anything, but it's honestly just as enjoyable for me as JFA Case 2. The 3rd case is also good imo. That's probably because I don't find Oldbag or Meekins or Larry too awful, like some people who hate their guts. Not that Lance/Amano or Lauren were too entertaining but Lang and Kay make their first appearance here and I quite liked both of them. Also, the little thief gimmick is pretty neat.
      • Case 5 was a really good case and I don't care what anybody says. I don't remember the tree encounter being too long tbh. But either way, I liked the mystery and I liked the resolution to the story. Shina was a cool villain, even if the twist was predictable, and Kay/Lang and Badd are all awesome.
      • In general, I like this game a lot more than most people it seems. I'd probably put it as 6th best in my game ranking.
    • AAI2 -
      • Case 3 is the best case of the whole franchise. I loved every second of it. I never felt like it dragged, like some people say. Playing as Gregory against Von Karma was awesome. Detective Badd is always awesome. Ray Shields was awesome. Jeffrey Masters is one of my favourite defendants and characters in the whole franchise. Katherine Hall was also great. Gustavia is one of my favourite villains the whole series, only just behind Matt Engarde. Delicia was one of the better quirky characters. Dover was an evil bastard, which is why I also like him a lot. The setting was cool and unique. The mystery was very interesting and this case is probably the most emotional I have ever been during an ace attorney game. The moment when Ray Shields was talking about how, after an year of trying to solve the IS-7 incident, Jeffrey Masters gave a false confession after all the psychological abuse and Gregory died in the tragic DL-6 incident, all while the IS-7 reminiscence track is playing in the background, is one of those "holy sh*t I just got goosebumps from how good this is" moments that I only get when I am playing something amazing. Goddamn I love this case...
      • Kay is the best assistant in the franchise for me. Yes, even better than Susato (who is freaking awesome tho, don't get me wrong).
      • Logic Chess is fucking awesome. Fight me.
    • DD -
      • Turnabout Reclaimed is BY FAR the best DLC case in the series and I would honestly go as far as to say that this is the best case in DD. On one of the very final contradictions in the case, where you expose the horrible incident that happened with Marlon trying to save his boss' life, all while the awesome Objection 2013 track is playing, is another one of my "holy sh*t I just got goosebumps from how good this is", and, as far as I can remember, that is the only such moment in DD.
    • SOJ -
      • This is how I would rank the cases from this game from best to worst:
        • Case 2 - The Magical Turnabout
        • Case 4 - Turnabout Storyteller
        • Case 3 - The Rite of Turnabout
        • Case 5 - Turnabout Revolution
        • Case 6 (DLC) - Turnabout Time Traveler
        • Case 1 - The Foreign Turnabout
      • Turnabout Storyteller is one of my favourite filler cases in the franchise. Maybe it's because it's coming off of the tragedy(in a good way) that is Case 3, but I love the lightheartedness off it. I love the witnesses and the mystery too. Playing as Athena (I love Athena) and Simon(the second best prosecutor in the series aside from Edgeworth) and whipping Nahyuta(BY FAR the worst prosecutor of the franchise)'s ass was REALLY satisfying.
      • Spirit of Justice has BY FAR the best objection themes of the franchise. Phoenix's objection is the best it has ever been, Apollo's objection is the best it has ever been and Athena's objection is so good and so hype that it could easily classify as one of the best PURSUIT themes in the whole franchise, let alone as an objection theme. Another one of my "holy sh*t I just got goosebumps from how good this is" happened in Turnabout Storyteller after I had just pointed out a contradiction and ripped Sadmadhis' stupid ass a new one. So satisfying.
      • Gaaran is the worst final villain in the franchise bar none. Even the tree from AAI was much better.
    • DGS 1 -
      • Case 2 is a very decent case imo. I've seen some people say that it is bland and boring and that the fact that it has no trial section is bad. But tbh, one of this game and DGS 2's strongest points are the investigation section (DGS2 - 3 *wink wink*), and this one was no exception. Holmes(or Sholmes if you prefer) is the best detective in the franchise(Badd is pretty close tho). And Asogi's death caught me completely off guard, but in a good way. Probably because it had only been one case since we were introduced to him, which was enough time for me to like him a lot while simultaneously not enough time to get too attached, otherwise his sudden death could have been very bitter SPOILER ALERT FOR TLOU2>! (like Joel's death in the TLOU2)!<. I also liked the sailors and Nikomina.
      • Case 4 is also a really good case imo. Soseki is one of the best quirky characters in the franchise, Roly and Pat were also really entertaining and the sad circumstances behind Roly's actions hit me surprisingly hard on an emotional level. John Garrideb was also really cool. That being said, his wife and her gimmick of being abusive wasn't much fun.
      • Case 5 is one of the best final cases in the series, I don't care what anybody says. It's better than Turnabout for Tomorrow(DD), Turnabout Revolution(SOJ), Turnabout Ablaze(AAI), Turnabout Goodbyes(AA1), Turnabout Succession(AJ) and, to be honest, I think it's better than Turnabout Farewell (AA2). Ashley Graydon was an incredibly enjoyable villain. Although I do wish that they kept his name Rupert Chogray from the fan translation. I feel like that name suits his character and history as a really poor child from a really poor family of the slums of East London quite well. I find it very fitting. Ringo and Nash were one of those rare instances where I really enjoyed cross-examining uncooperative and quirky witnesses. The whole mystery surrounding the discs and McGilded and Gregson was awesome as well.
    • DGS 2 -
      • Cases 1, 3 and 4+5 (I consider these to be 1 case) had some of the most jarring case logic in the whole series. Luckily, it has insanely good characters and the actuall overarching main mystery of the game is awesome. And yet, the ridiculous (not in a good way) logic of the cases did take me out of the moment a bit:
        • Case 1
    1. How did Menimemo's pencil end up with Jezaille Brett? Apparently he dropped it after poisoning her glass, but why didn't he just pick it back up?
    2. How did her pupils constrict in the span of like 10 seconds after the knife stabbed her, even thought it she had been perfectly fine before that point (as evidenced by the completely normal conversation that Jezaille had with Rei)
    3. Why did Menimemo decide to take a photograph of Rei taking the knife out instead of running for his life after stabbing her, since Rei could have noticed him through the reeds and since Hosonaga and Soseki would obviously have been on their way after hearing Rei's scream?
    4. Why did he decided to send this picture to the police when he knew that his camera had a very identifiable defect that could easily have been traced and, as it happened, did get traced back to him?
    5. Where did he find the knife with which he stabbed Jezail Brett? Does he just casually carry a knife with him at all times. Then again, Asogi and Naruhodo carry their swords all the time with them, so I wouldn't be surprised.
    6. I find it almost impossible to believe that Menimemo was able to poison Jezaille's glass while she wasn't looking. I mean, it's a small hut, and you've got an angry reported dude badgering you. Where else would you look?
    • Case 3 - Enoch Drebber's whole plan is way too ridiculous.
    1. How did nobody notice a a suspicious green balloon in the sky?
    2. How was this balloon so conveniently right next to the Crystal Tower when the explosion happened, so that the cage with the statue would fall exactly on top of the Crystal Tower, the one area where the common people wouldn't not be able to reach it before the Forensic Investigation team arrived, which would otherwise make Drebber's whole shceme fall apart, as people and the police would notice the wax statue of the Professor
      at the scene?
    3. How were no traces of a massive green balloon not found by anybody but Naruhodo?
    4. How did nobody notice a giant wooden cage with a statue inside the balloon? How was said statued completely invisible in the photograph, all the while a tiny crossbolt can be seen in said photograph?
    5. Why did Drebber just toss his crossbow at the crime scene instead of taking it with him? Even Sherlock Holmes noted that during the Logic and Reasoning spectacle inside the workshop's room, when he mentioned how it would have been far easier for Enoch to shoot a crossbolt at the small balloon instead of tossing his shoes.
    6. Why did Drebber not blow up his workshop sooner? Why did he not blow up the machine sooner?
    7. The fact that Courtney Sithe managed to convince the whole of the Forensics Investigation team to fabricate the crime scene is a little too ridiculous for my taste.
    8. Did Drebber's whole plan really depend on the victim dying from a 9 meter drop? Are you kidding me?
    9. How did Drebber know that Courtney Sithe would be at the crime scene? [Explanation] He knew that Harebrayne's failed experiment would result in the Forensics Investigation Team taking over because of the law that prohibits examining the machine and whatnot in the case of science experiments and yadda yada... Still a bit ridiculous tbh.
    10. How did Drebber know that Courtney Sithe had been the coroner for the Professor's execution, hence why she would recognise his face and agree to follow his plan? I believe this was explained in the game, but I honestly do not remember.
    11. Who returned the wax statue without it's head to Tusspells' museum? Was it Courtney Sithe, who only ever saw the statue without it's head, and returned it later after fabricating the scene of the crime? Or did she first return the statue to Enoch Drebber after the fabrication, after which he removed it's head and returned the rest of the body back to the museum?
    12. If it were the first case, then you have to wonder if Courtney Sithe even recognised the body of the Professor without it's head? [Explanation] She may have known about Madame Tusspells' Professor's statue already and a simple phonecall or investigation would conclude that the Professor's statued had indeed been stolen, which would make her take the threat seriously.
    13. How did Madame Tusspells create a mold of the professor's face without unlocking his mask at the graveyard? As far as I am aware, she didn't have the key to his mask? As such, how did she have the key to the wax statue's mask? [Explanation] The mask on the wax statue is not a 1 to 1 with the original mask, hence why she would have had the key to it.
    14. The contradiction with the blood flowing down the victim's body is stupid.
    15. According to the game, the victim stood up after the fall and was subsequently killed while standing by Courtney Sithe? Is it really that easy to kill a grown ass man with a screwdriver? Surely there should have been at least some struggle on his part, as he never died instantly from the stab wound, as far as I recall anyway?
    • Case 4+5 -
    1. The fact that neither Van Zieks nor any of the other witnesses noticed a goddamn noticeboard to their left is utterly ridiculous. I mean, it's not like it was a solid wall that would obscure all of the light in the room, as it had a gap underneath it. Also, I don't care how dark it is, there is no way you don't notice that. It's stupid.
    2. Jigoku's whole plan for framing Vigil was ridiculous. If Vigil had been late for the 5pm meeting, then he wouldn't have been framed for the murder of Gregson, since he would have run to see the body together with the other witnesses. If Vigil had been early for the 5pm meeting, then he would have walked past the notice board and further into the room, almost certainly have noticed the firecrackers on the candlestick and have extinguished them, thus preventing the other witnesses from finding out about the crime scene.
      And guess what? Vigil WAS actually too late to the crime scene. That's why Van Zieks was framed instead. So Jigoku's utterly ridiculous plan of somehow timing the explosion for 15 minutes in the future (since he set everything up at about 4:45PM if I remember correctly) was completely stupid and only worked by sheer dumb luck that is way too dumb for me to ignore...
    3. They mentioned Jigoku storing Gregson's body in one of the big refrigerator rooms on the cruise? So, how did he store the body there in the first place? Aren't these big refrigerator rooms for the cookings staff so they can store cooking goods and meat and whatnot for the duration of the cruise? Or are they available for use, so you can just chuck your suitcase with a dead body inside it?
    4. Why did Stronghart go after Gregson and Watson again, after a whole 9 years had passed (9 years because he sent the assasination letter to Jigoku sometime before Watson's murder, which was about an year before the ending of the second game)? He explained it in the game and yet I still didn't understand it. Watson and Gregson were only ever loyal to him, so why did he decide to cover his tracks now? And why not kill Courtney Sithe as well while he is at it, since she also knows too much? Why is he biased towards her?
    5. If Stronghart went to such lengths to kill Gregson and Watson, who never gave any indication of having betrayed him, just to cover his ass for the Professor's case, then surely he would have tried to kill Madame Tusspells already, since she know of the Professor's true face and most likely realised that he hadn't been executed properly at midnight like he was supposed to be, due to the delayed onset of the Post-Mortem stiffening of the body, and also because a gunshot wound to his chest may or may not have been suspicious (I have no clue if execution by gunshot was historically a common thing back in early 20th century London)?
    • Idk, maybe I am being wayyy too nitpicky with some of these things, and maybe it was just as bad in the other games and I just don't remember it. But honestly, I noticed most of these things while playing the game, and only a few of them I noticed only after I had already finished it and had time to think about them. So they are atleast somewhat obvious imo.
    • William Shamspeare is BY FAR the most annoying character in the Duology. His evil face and the fact that he ended up being an actual evil killer redeemed him a little bit, but he still sucked. His whole drama and dancing antics were never funny, only annoying.
    submitted by /u/MasterTroppical
    [link] [comments]

    Another Athena Cykes X Encanto fanart I made this time not at like 4AM XD

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 04:59 PM PST

    What could be considered a "gruesome limit" for murder scenes in AA?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 01:58 PM PST

    I'm trying to figure this out for our fan game, because I am required to "keep it 'T'" as per AAO Rules and Guidelines.

    submitted by /u/DawCrap1989
    [link] [comments]

    What's your opinion on Godot?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2022 01:23 AM PST

    Any way to mod Dual destinies for infinite health bar

    Posted: 05 Feb 2022 12:50 AM PST

    I breezed through the first 6 games no problem but I haven't been able to play the android games in long sessions so i forget most of the stuff especially since i can take more than a week between sessions, so is there a way to mod an infinite health bar on android (im not playing on an emulator). Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/-Sirocco
    [link] [comments]

    Here is a really cool Dahlia art check it out and make sure to follow the artist, they sure have so much potential<3

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 08:37 AM PST

    SEMIFINALS ROUND 1: Who's the better Investigations victim?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 02:59 PM PST

    Last round, (Chronicles) Tobias Gregson won with 65 votes followed by Mason Milverton 13 votes with Daley Vigil at last with 12 votes.

    Has to be Knightley for me. Faraday is cool but I just got to love how Knightley is always connected to the story despite being dead.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/Stormfather100
    [link] [comments]

    Out of all cases in AA, AAI, and GAA, where would you place 1-2?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 06:30 PM PST

    To calculate the scores of each poll, each tier will get a score from 5 to 1 per vote, and by adding up all the points and dividing by the total votes, we get the final score. (1-1's poll had a 3 day time limit, but I'll give each poll one day to count up votes)

    For 1-1...

    Top Ten (Score of 5): 6 Votes, 30 Points

    Below Top Ten (Score of 4): 15 Votes, 60 Points

    Middle Ten (Score of 3): 54 Votes, 162 Points

    Above Bottom Ten (Score of 2): 103 Votes, 206 Points

    Bottom Tier (Score of 1): 101 Votes, 101 Points

    Total Points: 559

    Total Votes: 279

    Average Vote: 2.0035842294

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/KaleBennett
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment