• Breaking News

    Friday, February 4, 2022

    Ace Attorney Weekly Poll [7]: What is your favourite case?

    Ace Attorney Weekly Poll [7]: What is your favourite case?


    Weekly Poll [7]: What is your favourite case?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2022 02:07 PM PST

    surprisingly the same person.. One day I'll figure out how to draw his hair

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 01:24 AM PST

    Official Localization Appreciation Post but It's a Difficulty Tierlist

    Posted: 03 Feb 2022 04:08 PM PST

    Lotta Hart Appreciation Post

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 02:37 AM PST

    Title kind of says it all. I just wanna talk about how much I like Lotta Hart. Spoilers for the games she appears in (Ace Attorney, Justice For All, a small cameo in the first Investigations game, and Investigations 2).

    So first of all, the big reason for liking Lotta Hart is that she's an idiot. Like, an absolute buffoon. And she fully admits that herself when you first meet her, but is also very quick to say that that's not the fault of her people, that's just her fault. I really like the fact that she always seems to mean well in her actions, even if she can be selfish at times.

    When she's first involved in a murder case (Turnabout Goodbyes), she gets in way over her head and it shows. She joins the prosecution and tries to help get Edgeworth convicted, but ultimately realises that she's gotten overzealous and didn't actually see as much as she'd convinced herself she'd seen. However, she does actually feel bad for what she did, so she decides to help Phoenix in the investigation. Sure, it's for a "price," but that price is just "tell me about Gourdy" so it's not like she was jeopardising the entire case. Besides, pursuing the Gourdy lead actually helps later on when Larry is tied into the case.

    So she's a trouble maker, but she helps out in the end. Then the next case she's in, Reunion and Turnabout, she actually is more of a witness to the murder, and once again, she gets overzealous and caught up in helping out the prosecution. However, here she actually doesn't get in over her head. She's just there to testify and show her photographs as evidence. It's a slight development from her first case, but the real significant character change is when she realises she made the same mistake again, and was trying to get an innocent person convicted. She's so ashamed of herself, to the point where she just doesn't want to speak to Phoenix and wants to be left alone. It's a heartwrenching moment of self-loathing, but she then decides that the best way she can make up for it is to give Phoenix the info she knows. For no price, iirc, though she says there's a price but there really isn't.

    Then in Farewell My Turnabout... she doesn't get involved in the courtroom side of things. She's at the scene of the crime, and her camera even caught some useful photos, but she doesn't testify. It shows almost a sense of maturity in her character arc, which I think is really neat. She still accuses Phoenix of nicking her camera, but it's not a formal accusation, so I just see it as her hot-blooded nature showing through.

    In Turnabout Ablaze, she has a small cameo, and provides a useful photograph. She stays well away from the actual case, and helps from afar. It further helps show how she's changed.

    And then, the last two cases of Investigations 2. She's actually adjusted her job - she's become a reporter trying to uncover corruption and lies in highly-powerful institutions. This is the first time where it shows she's thinking about someone other than herself, and that's further demonstrated with her apprentice, Nicole Swift. Sure, in the last case she does get swept up by the prospect of Moozilla, but it's mostly a harmless obsession that doesn't hinder the main investigation, which is really good.

    Overall, I just think Lotta has a very strong character arc that doesn't get talked about much. In addition to this, I really like her design, though I think her face is a bit weird in the main trilogy. Her Investigations 2 design is a significant improvement, as is her anime portrayal. I love her fluffy ginger afro and her hiking gear, it's a fun look.

    What are your thoughts on Lotta Hart?

    submitted by /u/FarOffGrace1
    [link] [comments]

    Getting friends into Ace Attorney. Which game to start with?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 06:31 AM PST

    I know that the obvious answer is ace attorney 1. However i feel that for the highest chance of success, i think starting with Great ace attorney could be smart, and if they like it we hop over to the OG trilogy. Since it looks nicer and what not.

    BTW they dont even know what a visual novel is, so thats why im thinking picking the most cinematic game is the best,and it IS a good starting point after all i guess.

    submitted by /u/Masterelia
    [link] [comments]

    I made a quick Athena Cykes Encanto door

    Posted: 03 Feb 2022 07:38 PM PST

    I May-a not be Mia (Comic Dub)

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 09:29 AM PST

    Do It Again, But Better - I1-1: Turnabout Visitor

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 09:46 AM PST

    submitted by /u/JC-DisregardMe
    [link] [comments]

    Didn't think this was allowed on this subreddit until now - Shuichi's Psyche Locks from PW: UA Fangame

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 04:17 AM PST

    do you guys like larry butz in general

    Posted: 03 Feb 2022 06:15 PM PST

    i know people in the east deplore him for his shenanigans and find him to be a nuisance than endearing but i'm curious what people here think

    submitted by /u/elefanteboop
    [link] [comments]

    we really don't know much about the characters.

    Posted: 03 Feb 2022 11:42 PM PST

    bear with me, feel free to skip since this post is kinda rambly and just a weird thought i had and wondred what yall think.

    I'm currently playing through the second game and the first game in chronicle game for the first time (so plz no spoilers xd)

    but the games kinda never just... relax. I've realized basically after one case another comes immediatly and doesn't give much if any time at all to just relax with the characters. I love Maya! I love phoenix, i love a lot of the characters! but I feel sorta disconnected because while yes, they are interesting characters and have great things. I feel as if I don't know the smaller things about the characters at all.

    Like... What does phoenix even do in his free time after cases? Hell, I don't even know where phoenix lives other than probably his office lol. The part where ryunnsuke was supposed to study in the SS burya with susato would've been fun to see, or maybe expanding the celebrations after the cases just to see the people happy yall.

    Maybe its just weird to since am a big fan of slice of life stuff so yeah :), I love the games ofc. Just wish I could just, chill with the characters yknow? no murders or a case constantly just some segments of just chilling out would be nice imo. doesn't need it of couse but i think it would be sweet.

    submitted by /u/imscareddad
    [link] [comments]

    Which is ur Fav Spirit of Justice character(s) other than the main ones

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 05:38 AM PST

    Main ones: Phoenix, Apollo, Athena, Nahyuta, Judges, Edgeworth, Maya, Rayfa, Ema

    Mine are Dhurke and Ah'lbi

    submitted by /u/52Gaming
    [link] [comments]

    Any good trilogy based Ace Attorney Online cases?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 02:47 AM PST

    Does anyone have any good aaonline.fr that's story is based in the trilogy (Trilogy characters.) I've been looking some good cases, and wanted to see if anyone here had some.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/BanjoTheBot
    [link] [comments]

    So I Just Finished the First Game...

    Posted: 03 Feb 2022 08:19 PM PST

    I had been interested in Ace Attorney for a long time. I picked up the Remastered Trilogy for Switch and had been sitting on it for awhile, but a couple days ago I decided to finally play it.. I did not expect it to be sooooo good. I'm sorry I don't really have all my thoughts formulated right now as I just finished Rise From the Ashes, but I just had to share this appreciation with someone who would understand. Just.. wow. I'm honestly just blown away. My three favorite francheses for a long time have been, Final Fantasy, the Legend of Zelda, and Resident Evil. I can already tell that Ace Attorney is easily getting the 4th spot... If not just MAYBE, knocking Resident Evil down. It was just so good guys. I'm excited to see where the story goes.

    submitted by /u/GanonCannon02
    [link] [comments]

    Franziska/Maya Hug by L1KAR1

    Posted: 03 Feb 2022 05:48 AM PST

    Which translations(s) of TGAA have you experienced?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 09:05 AM PST

    "Experienced" = played or watched a significant amount, preferably enough to get a sense of its style. Give your reasons in a comment too, if you feel like it!

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/pennelini
    [link] [comments]

    [AJ:AA] "Lost his Cool", by me

    Posted: 03 Feb 2022 02:19 PM PST

    [SDRA2/AA SOJ] Phoenix Wright with Setsuka's color scheme / suit design

    Posted: 03 Feb 2022 07:29 PM PST

    Anybody have a completed savegame for Apollo Justice (3DS Edition)?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 07:42 AM PST

    I recently accidentally deleted my savegame for the NDS version, so I figure if there's a savegame out there that I can use to mostly restore my progress but on the 3DS edition I'll do that.

    submitted by /u/Pechu317
    [link] [comments]

    Ace Attorney x Danganronpa Crossover Fangame Teaser

    Posted: 03 Feb 2022 07:38 PM PST

    Cybil called in sick, so they had to send someone else

    Posted: 03 Feb 2022 08:29 AM PST

    My old list had some problems (mainly it being hard to understand bc it was upside down) so here's every finale ranked again imo

    Posted: 03 Feb 2022 03:59 PM PST

    If you haven't seen this, it's absolutely brilliant

    Posted: 03 Feb 2022 04:33 PM PST

    Did someone say "Year of the Tiger?" ��

    Posted: 03 Feb 2022 10:04 AM PST

    Just finished Apollo justice...

    Posted: 03 Feb 2022 02:19 PM PST

    Hello everyone, I beat the Phoenix Wright trilogy a while ago, and I eventually got around to playing the other ace attorney games, (I wanted to start with the investigations series, but I couldn't figure out how to install and patch the second one, or even where to get it) so I started Apollo justice...

    First of all, honestly I had a fun time, I don't think it was as good as the trilogy, but I still got some pretty fun times out of it.

    The best thing to come out of the game though was Klavier imo, like when he first came I was like: "hey, he's kinda cool" then by the end I was like: "hell yeah let's rock" lol

    Speaking about the cases though, turnabout trump wasn't bad, but I was really surprised how fast Kristoph went from mentor and boss to murderer and how fast Apollo just accepts that? Like did they never spent time with each other or something? (Phoenix was...weird, I'll talk about it later)

    The second case, I honestly can't praise or fault it much, it was just a good case, and I had fun with it (Also I was really happy to see Ema, she was cool)

    The third however, guitar's serenade...this one started out sooo well, you have a rock concert, an international singer, the murder was great, and I was hyped up until I realized that the defendant...is the kid???? Seriously, everyone point out so many times that the gun can brake bones in someone without experience or body strength, and this point is never brought up????, Also why does no one ever ask how the kid and the victim ended up on the platform?? Did the kid somehow take both the body and the guitar up there? Honestly could've been a very good case, it's just these little things that annoy me, you know?

    And then turnabout succession, the big finale, I thought it was great until the ending, like it ended too soon, and does anyone else think that Kristoph went down too easily? He didn't even put up much of a fight Also let's talk about Phoenix, honestly, I didn't hate how he is as much as I thought I would, he's still very cunning (like how he setup everything for Kristoph's fall) but I just can't help but think that most of thus could've been handled by another character and he was kinda... unnecessary I guess? Trucy was also pretty great, not that much interest but I liked her overall, Apollo also has his good moments, but overall I found him pretty average

    Anyways, thank you to anyone who actually read this wall of text, sorry for it being too long ( I always talk too much lol) gonna start dual destinies soon, wish me luck.

    submitted by /u/thrawn109
    [link] [comments]

    Can't get either Trilogy or Chronicles to launch in offline mode (PC)

    Posted: 03 Feb 2022 10:17 PM PST

    I've tried a lot of things and can't seem to get either one working without having steam open and running. I'd like to play offline but as soon as I launch either game it immediately closes out. Is there any fix to this?

    submitted by /u/IamToasterMan
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment