• Breaking News

    Tuesday, January 18, 2022

    Ace Attorney Weekly Poll [5]: What is your favourite Ace Attorney game?

    Ace Attorney Weekly Poll [5]: What is your favourite Ace Attorney game?


    Weekly Poll [5]: What is your favourite Ace Attorney game?

    Posted: 15 Jan 2022 03:23 PM PST

    Trucy's real name (AJ lost episode)

    Posted: 18 Jan 2022 03:29 AM PST

    young Manfred von Karma mockup that i made in like 20 minutes,sprite was taken from the AA Wiki

    Posted: 18 Jan 2022 04:17 AM PST

    Phoenix's Magatama [OC]

    Posted: 17 Jan 2022 03:18 PM PST

    Got this for like £3 in pristine condition ��

    Posted: 18 Jan 2022 08:54 AM PST

    Drew Miles this time!

    Posted: 18 Jan 2022 05:29 AM PST

    I drew Edgeworth this time !

    Posted: 18 Jan 2022 08:03 AM PST

    background stitch edit

    Posted: 18 Jan 2022 02:02 AM PST

    Current state of the GAA Character Elimination Contest (Mild implied G2-2 spoilers)

    Posted: 18 Jan 2022 12:03 AM PST

    Does Franziska end up giving Phoenix the card?

    Posted: 17 Jan 2022 10:34 PM PST

    At the end of Justice For All, it's revealed that Franziska kept one of Shelly De Killer's cards that Maya had drawn Phoenix's face on, and vowed to give it to him whenever they meet again, yet this isn't brought up in Trials & Tribulations.

    Without spoiling when and how, does this card get brought up in future games?

    submitted by /u/Frogman417
    [link] [comments]

    Very rough spinoff idea

    Posted: 18 Jan 2022 07:58 AM PST

    I have an extremely rough idea for an Ace Attorney spinoff, one that involves civil cases and criminal cases other than murder. I thought it'd be interesting to have something other than murder since that's been done so many times.

    I'm thinking that in the game, the player would control a new protagonist. The first two cases would be a couple of connected civil cases, although I'm not sure what they'd be about. The third would be a criminal case involving massive amounts of fraud and theft, and when that trial doesn't go the villain's way a murder is committed. The fourth trial would revolve around that murder and catching the villain.

    In addition, the cases would each be decided by a jury. This would add a new gameplay mechanic because each juror would have their own personality and way of thinking that the player would have to take into account when presenting arguments.

    What do you all think of this? Does it sound good?

    submitted by /u/TheRedBiker
    [link] [comments]

    C'mon Nick she's not even that hot (anime outtake)

    Posted: 17 Jan 2022 09:32 PM PST

    What did scalpels have to do with anything

    Posted: 18 Jan 2022 05:44 AM PST

    So I just finished case 3 and got confused as to why scalpels proved Sithes guilt does anyone know

    submitted by /u/Andraw-The-Emoji
    [link] [comments]

    Turnabout Child's Play: Custom Story Art

    Posted: 18 Jan 2022 09:15 AM PST

    Decided to have a crack at a personalized OBJECTION! Bubble. What do you guys think?

    Posted: 17 Jan 2022 06:25 PM PST

    Rise from the Ashes (1-5)

    Posted: 18 Jan 2022 01:33 AM PST

    I think Rise from the Ashes would have fit much better at the end of Trials and Tribulations, since it features the character developments of all of the characters present at the end of the trilogy, and partially explains why Edgeworth was able to become the Chief Prosecutor in later games. It certainly doesn't fit at the end of the first game, as it completely destroys Edgeworth's story in Justice for All, especially nullifying the impact of the Prosecutor Miles Edgeworth chooses death note after the revelations of 1-4, since he prosecutes again in 1-5, and I personally think that it destroys the whole sub-plot of JFA of him being missing, and thus somewhat downplays Franziska's reason to come and clash with Phoenix Wright, since Edgeworth was clearly still able and willing to prosecute after the end of Turnabout Goodbyes.

    What do you guys think?

    submitted by /u/LordHelixArisen
    [link] [comments]

    Information on character-themed user flairs

    Posted: 17 Jan 2022 09:57 PM PST

    Many of you have likely noticed that the New Reddit-based interfaces on this sub lack many of the character-mugshot flairs that the Old Reddit version of r/AceAttorney features. This is an issue I didn't know how to fix until recently, but I have a handle on it now, and so in the immediate and near future I'll be working on getting as many of those older flairs as I can up and running on the New Reddit interface as well. I'll be starting with the most immediately available flairs, which are mostly the ones from AA2 through AA4. Investigations, the Layton crossover, and the other 3DS games will come later.

    Please report any issues you encounter in this thread, or via modmail once this thread gets to be too old to remain relevant!

    submitted by /u/JC-DisregardMe
    [link] [comments]

    Destiny of the Cadaverini family?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2022 02:14 AM PST

    I'm still starting Bridge to the Turnabout. But I couldn't resist and I looked for the Cadaverini family in the Wikia. Wtf, they don't appear again?! I mean, Furio Tigre is the one who killed Glen Elg, but Viola should be found guilty as well as an accomplice since she dressed as a waitress to create a witness in the fake murder.

    And we know Bruto wouldn't stand her daughter entering prison. Xin Eohp says himself that Phoenix better "go home in a armoured truck" to defend himself. In fact, when I saw Phoenix in the hospital reading the Turnabout Beginnings file, I thought exactly that, that the Cadaverini Family has attacked, but apparently it was an accident when Phoenix fell off the burning bridge.

    Also thought it wrap up the story in a AAI game (I think that's what they did with Shelly de Killer?) but nope.

    submitted by /u/IrshamWindborn
    [link] [comments]

    Hi everyone! did you know Klavier's a piano? haha this is a short video I made so hope y'all enjoy

    Posted: 18 Jan 2022 03:48 AM PST

    Are there any cases that you appreciated more after finishing the game or playing more of the series?

    Posted: 17 Jan 2022 05:39 PM PST

    I feel like this can apply to a lot of cases that have foreshadowing in them. There are multiple cases I appreciated more after finishing the game or playing more of the series, but the one I want to mention is for a different reason other than foreshadowing. The case is Turnabout Samurai.

    I first played it back in 2006, I believe, and I didn't really like the case. I thought the investigations were a bit boring and not really enjoyable to get through. I played the game several times in the following years after that, but I still just saw the case as an obstacle to get through before getting to Turnabout Goodbyes. At the time, it was my least favorite case in the game.

    I then played the first game again in late 2020, and the case was better than I remembered. It wasn't my least favorite anymore, but I still didn't like it that much. Between late 2020 - early 2021 I played the rest of the series and now appreciate the case much more. The reason I appreciate the case more is because of how much of a presence the Steel Samurai (and the other fictional shows in the genre) ended up having in the Ace Attorney universe.

    I'm pretty sure that every mainline game and the Investigations duology has at least one (but usually more) reference to the Steel Samurai or one of the other shows. It also plays a part in fleshing out the characters a bit more as they gave Miles and Maya the trait of being super fans of the show. I didn't like the Steel Samurai theme originally, but my appreciation for that went up as well due to the repeated exposure of it playing in multiple games (along with hearing other versions of it like the ringtone one and the Steel Samurai Ballad), as well as it being played at all the orchestra concerts.

    Seeing how much the Steel Samurai ended up having an impact on the series, whether it's just small references, character traits, funny dialogue (especially when it comes to Edgeworth and the Steel Samurai), or even playing a role in certain cases, made me retroactively appreciate Turnabout Samurai much more for being the start of all of it.

    submitted by /u/Evelinessa
    [link] [comments]

    Apollo Justice Investigation Frustration

    Posted: 18 Jan 2022 08:26 AM PST

    I desperately want to enjoy Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney and it has its good moments (Trucy's design is fantastic and I really enjoy the new take on Phoenix) but holy crap, we are four games into the franchise and the investigation segments are worse than they have ever been. Just so boring. I literally don't care about these parts and the way they design you walking around over and over to the same locations, on your way to other locations, is so stupid.

    I said it before and I still believe it, the only Ace Attorney games to make the investigation segments even remotely interesting are the Great Ace Attorney games because of the Dance of Deduction. And also because of the brain-dead simple quality of life fix of simply having all of the locations together in a list at one time, why do they not do that?

    The worst part is I actually was pretty impressed with Turnabout Trump, it wasn't perfect and I think it would have been even better if we'd established Apollo and Kristoff more, but it was a very intriguing first case and introducing card games into the Ace Attorney trial system and all of the fun of interpreting scenes like that felt like a natural fit. I'm not done with Turnabout Corner but so far it's been a huge disappointment, and with everyone ragging on Turnabout Serenade it is REALLY not making me look forward to the rest of Apollo Justice.

    (I just started day 2 of the trial, finally)

    /End Rant

    submitted by /u/Senku2
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment