• Breaking News

    Tuesday, December 1, 2020

    Ace Attorney New artwork from the newest Capcom Café colaboration!

    Ace Attorney New artwork from the newest Capcom Café colaboration!


    New artwork from the newest Capcom Café colaboration!

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 06:39 PM PST

    He is always right ⭐

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 09:14 AM PST

    I have asthma and I made my inhalers cosplay as Edgeworth and Godot

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 11:55 AM PST

    The First Turnabout but It's Google Translated (Sorry for bad quality and it's a WIP)

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 10:42 AM PST

    Godot headshot

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 02:26 PM PST

    I normally do not use Reddit, but I would like to share my Trucy! I recently started to draw AA characters after playing all of the games! I am currently on Spirit of Justice by the way

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 05:37 PM PST

    Wanted to draw Phoenix with wet hair, got carried away

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 07:23 AM PST

    i just finished t&t and i am sad

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 07:40 PM PST

    Custom Godot and Gumshoe Mug and Bottle My Sister Made for Me!

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 10:47 AM PST

    [FA] Spritely Doctor Watson

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 12:22 PM PST

    Was messing around with PyWright and somehow managed to make this monstrosity

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 12:18 PM PST

    HOW ISN'T THIS A CONTRADICTION #2

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 11:31 PM PST

    Deid Mann

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 06:02 PM PST

    Poor guy didn't even get a real name. His name is literally Dead Man. I love the weird names in this franchise. Mack Rell, Sal Manella, Romein LeTousse. All of these names are completely random.

    submitted by /u/SacredJujucc
    [link] [comments]

    Ace Attorney 7's potential character direction, following the Capcom leaks

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 11:24 PM PST

    I want to prompt a little bit of discussion here, based on something we've learned from Capcom's database leaks. You may have seen or at least heard of this internal document, which details some guidelines that Capcom staff have been discussing for content in their upcoming game releases.

    To summarize the part that I'm specifically talking about here, they want to reassess the way that their games feature and portray women, as well as ethnic and sexual minorities. Capcom has had at least a few PR mishaps in the past relating to perceived racism in their games, and their character designs have caught plenty of flak for needless sexualization at times, as well. It seems like they're specifically trying to internally address these two issues, among others, and so I want to kick a little discussion about what this could mean for Ace Attorney.

    Please don't downvote comments in this thread unless they're being openly offensive or needlessly confrontational. These are, unfortunately, topics that some people just can't bring themselves not to act shitty about at times, but please just do your level best to act civil while you're commenting in here. I don't want to end up going on a deleting spree.

    So, to the point - the image up there isn't the only part of this information to surface online, but to avoid causing trouble for Capcom any more than the leak already has, I won't be digging up and directly posting any more of it. There's other information the leak has uncovered that indicates Capcom wants to focus more heavily on diversity and equal representation in upcoming and future games. They outline what they consider good and bad examples of female characters, LGBTQ representation, and an encouragement to shift away from favouring male protagonists and male-dominated casts.

    And I want to bring up the subject of what this could mean for Ace Attorney 7. It's been commonly speculated for years now that the next mainline Ace Attorney game could focus on Athena Cykes as a new central protagonist. She was introduced two games back as a new, major character, but ultimately only managed to act as a supporting cast member in that game, and then in Spirit of Justice, her role was drastically reduced. Not only does she receive virtually no focus within the story or cases, but even the confidence and skill she'd grown into over the course of her debut largely evaporated. Now, I'm not here to accuse SoJ of treating her in a sexist manner, because I don't think that her simply being a woman had anything to do with Phoenix and Apollo getting more focus in the story. However, taking into account Capcom's desire to push back against portrayals that present female characters as objectively weaker and less capable than male characters, I have to wonder if Athena's chances of taking on a more major role may have increased.

    There's also the mention of LGBTQ characters - in spite of its major shipping following, with plenty of popular same-sex pairings favoured by fans, Ace Attorney is extremely light on romance or even any mention of characters' sexual preferences. I'll argue that that's mainly because it just doesn't matter to the mystery-focused story most of the time, but I still think the subject is worth bringing up here. In Dual Destinies, we have Aura Blackquill, a character all-but confirmed to be gay, with roughly half of her character motivation being driven by the death of a woman she loved. This makes her stand out a fair bit already, given the usual lack of any focus on romance among major characters in the series.

    Lastly, I'll comment on Capcom's evident push to focus less on unnecessary feminine sex appeal. Ace Attorney isn't exactly unfamiliar with it; Mia, April, Cammy, even Athena to a slightly more limited degree - there are plenty of women in the series with fanservice-y designs, and it seems as if Capcom may be making an effort to step away from that a bit. (Spirit of Justice spoilers!) At the very least, maybe I can hope that they won't do this again.

    So, any thoughts to contribute on this?

    submitted by /u/JC-DisregardMe
    [link] [comments]

    A question, if you will.

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 09:05 PM PST

    I'd like to watch the anime, but have only played through most of the first game. Which games does it span through (I prefer to leave them unspoiled.)

    submitted by /u/Orrie0
    [link] [comments]

    I posted this on supper smash bro’s sub and it belongs here to

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 05:58 PM PST

    So thats where he got his name from...

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 11:51 PM PST

    Does anyone know how to remove or lessen the black screen when I play TGAA?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 05:17 PM PST

    A bit of a departure from character redesigns! Here’s Michaela Skellig, aka the Angel Prosecutor, from my fic Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright: The Frigid Melody. Don’t let that sweet face fool you: she’s not as innocent and soft as she’d have you believe.

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 10:52 PM PST

    What do you think will happen first?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 10:16 PM PST

    I honestly have no idea, but I'm looking forward to Hobo Nick outtakes.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/AE86FTS
    [link] [comments]

    Should I Give The Series Another Chance?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 02:40 PM PST

    I've played the trilogy a long time ago when I just got a 3DS. Back then I didn't understand English very well, so I didn't get far into the games... Eventually I got the trilogy on Switch and got to that moment where Phoenix investigates the killing of the actor. I actually enjoyed the story bits but the gameplay portions were rather tedious and not fun:
    1) the evidence search and everything non-court was particularly annoying to me. I hated having to go to each location if I happened to miss one clue, not being able to advance the story because of that, having to go through each dialogue option (what's even the point of them being options if I have to read all anyway?). These sections made me stop playing;

    2) the court was much more interesting with the exception of cross-examination and "objection". The game has a very strange logic sometimes and I just loose my desire to understand what's going on when you select some clue as evidence, it makes sense but the game just doesn't see it. It feels too linear in that regard and I think if there's a new AA game in the future, the main thing it needs to explore is the non-linear court progress, maybe even some mini-games like Danganronpa.

    I liked the dialogue, overall writing, characters and their designs, music (though, I wish there was more of it). I've tried playing Apollo Justice on 3DS and Spirit of Justice for about an hour and found them to be pretty boring to me. I'm just not into detective stories and murder at all, it's why I couldn't get into Detective Conan despite liking its snappy humor and unique characters, cases.

    Should I play more of it? Do the 2 complaints I have get fixed in other AA games outside of the Trilogy ? And for the record, I do think the games are good, I'm just not into visual novels at all. I almost quit Danganronpa a few times despite liking it a lot.

    submitted by /u/SlipyiKobzar
    [link] [comments]

    Manfred von Karma drawn in my middle school art style.

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 04:08 AM PST

    Objection.lol Discord Debate - Definition of Fried Chicken Restaurants?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 07:21 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment