• Breaking News

    Tuesday, November 2, 2021

    Ace Attorney Professor Wright & Maya Triton [@ramez]

    Ace Attorney Professor Wright & Maya Triton [@ramez]


    Professor Wright & Maya Triton [@ramez]

    Posted: 01 Nov 2021 07:53 AM PDT

    Old Phoenix

    Posted: 01 Nov 2021 07:32 AM PDT

    [FANART] Happy (belated) Halloween from Athena and the ever-so-enthusiastic Apollo!

    Posted: 01 Nov 2021 09:41 AM PDT

    Round 6 of the Ace Attorney character elimination contest. 12 Characters have been declared guilty. There are exactly 100 left, vote the next 10 you want to be out in the comments.

    Posted: 01 Nov 2021 09:40 AM PDT

    Interest Check for Ace Attorney Enamel Pins!

    Posted: 01 Nov 2021 07:24 PM PDT

    This is from before Halloween, but I used this one for Halloween as well. I went as Detective Gumshoe!

    Posted: 01 Nov 2021 08:24 AM PDT

    Do you think Edgeworth kept his car for 11+ years after a murder occurred in it…

    Posted: 01 Nov 2021 08:13 PM PDT

    Or do you think he just has a hard on for garishly red sports cars?

    submitted by /u/NessTheGamer
    [link] [comments]

    I may be late for Halloween, but I can still share my DIY Godot Costume!

    Posted: 01 Nov 2021 09:18 AM PDT

    Hey guys, is this thing in a bottom right corner intentional or is this just an emulator bug? Idk, it just looks kinda... Too nice for a bug i guess

    Posted: 01 Nov 2021 02:53 PM PDT

    [DGS2-4 SPOILERS] I colored one of my favorite screen of the game

    Posted: 01 Nov 2021 11:40 AM PDT

    These Games Are Special!

    Posted: 01 Nov 2021 08:13 PM PDT

    I just finished the first game today, and it blew me away! I left happy, and throughout work I felt motivated at the thought of getting home to start the second. I can't explain exactly why the first game touched me so much, but I'm so ready to play more. Right now though, I have to replay through the last trial so I can present the right piece of evidence to Edgeworth to prove he's not alone! lol

    Just wanted to share my great experience with the series so far :)

    submitted by /u/youreaghostbaby
    [link] [comments]

    Apollo justice is a great game

    Posted: 01 Nov 2021 08:49 PM PDT

    I dont really know why im writing this but I kinda just wanted to gush about apollo justice I guess basically apollo justice is my favorite ace attorney game and one of my favorite games of all time, it really holds a special place for me personally, and ive never really understood the hate for it, im probably biased with this as it contains my favorite prosecutor, defense attorney, and at least my 2nd favorite villain, but still I love how much more realistic and downbeat it feels, it all has a more muted and toned down color scheme compared to the trilogy that always really stuck out to me, for some reason, and the plot compliments it so well in my opinion, I like that the game deals with more realistic and down to earth issues for lawyers (forged evidence, disbarment, framing etc) and feels like a more grounded and less fantastical experience compared to all the games around it, ive always loved the characters as well, hobo phoenix is absolutely great, seeing this once legendary man reduced down to a bitter, snarky, scheming chessmaster was always really cool to me, it felt like a true showing of what would happen to phoenix after losing everything, as he stops caring about his fate at this point, klavier as well is my favorite prosecutor, ive always loved that hes a much nicer, cooler, and overall more friendly and cooperative guy with you from the start compared to the rest, his interactions with apollo and ema are really fantastic, ema and trucy as well are great replacement characters in my opinion for maya and gumshoe, trucys interactions with apollo are always really fun and entertaining in my opinion and I like her more subtle moments throughout the game, and kristoph is an absolutely fantastic villain in my opinion, though I am one of like, five people who consider turnabout succession an all timer case, something about him feels so disturbing and offputting, I constantly feel on edge dealing with him, and its great, also I actually enjoy his motive so anyways, long ramble over, I love this game, and yeah id like to know your thoughts on it

    submitted by /u/NEVERTHEREFOREVER
    [link] [comments]

    Made my own Matt Engarde jacket! Images coming soon when I get them

    Posted: 01 Nov 2021 07:06 AM PDT

    I spent an hour on this, please enjoy

    Posted: 01 Nov 2021 09:24 AM PDT

    Now that chilly season is upon us, warmer attire is in order!

    Posted: 01 Nov 2021 09:49 AM PDT

    (MINOR AAI2 SPOILERS) Don’t cry, don’t cry…

    Posted: 01 Nov 2021 05:29 AM PDT

    I made an 8-bit cover of Ray Shield's theme from AAI2

    Posted: 01 Nov 2021 04:34 PM PDT

    I've only played FIVE games in the series, and I can still be confident in saying that "Partners - The Game Is Afoot" is the best track in the series...

    Posted: 01 Nov 2021 01:48 PM PDT

    And I'll EVEN do it without spoilers! Because, erm, it has to do with that ONE guy, being that erm, THING! To that one guy! Yeah! And then when the track shows up at that one time in THAT trial! Oh, man! That was epic! You can't beat THAT! What a parallel! Unequivocally...the best!

    submitted by /u/acacia_the_wise
    [link] [comments]

    Looking Back on Turnabout Storyteller

    Posted: 01 Nov 2021 08:34 PM PDT

    I used my knowledge of this case in my Japanese class when we were learning about rakugo. From what I've seen, while this case has its fans, it's commonly considered an average to below-average case, sometimes considered the worst of the series. Let's see if this is a story worth telling by looking back on Turnabout Storyteller.

    History With This Case

    From my most recent memory, I thought this was a really great case, having a lot to enjoy about its characters and concept despite its disconnection from the main story.

    This case will be judged by its characters and trial segments. Character criticism will revolve around the character's personality, role in the story, and their actions throughout the case. Trial segment criticism will revolve around the enjoyability of the cross examinations, and quality of the story being told during that segment.

    Court is now in session for the trial of Turnabout Storyteller.

    Characters

    Athena Cykes

    Athena's bad. Her personality didn't stand out here as much as in 6-2 or DD, her dynamic with Simon only felt enjoyable on his side, she feels too incompetent even when considering she's working without Phoenix or Apollo for the first time, and nothing outside of the Mood Matrix sections felt like it took advantage of the unique aspects she offers to a case like the statue scene in 5-3. This is my least favorite appearance of hers.

    Simon Blackquill

    Simon's great. His personality isn't as strong as in 5-2 or 5-5, and him treating Athena like a kid got old at times, but I like him standing at the defense with Athena and the ways he helps her and shuts down Nahyuta, and him turning the gallery back around on Nahyuta was really cool.

    Bucky Whet

    Bucky's okay. He's probably the least memorable defendant in the series, but I didn't dislike anything about him.

    Nahyuta Sahdmadhi

    Nahyuta's awful. His personality was outright annoying at times here, his obsession with insulting Athena felt the most unwarranted out of all the attorneys, he feels like he's devolved from 6-2 and 6-3, and the only good thing he offers to this case is the only time I laughed at him in the game, when he was reciting Time Soba in its entirety.

    But I have to say this; while he is my least favorite character in this case, and this is my least favorite appearance from a character in the entire series... I didn't see an issue in him using the gallery against Athena. It felt the same as him using the gallery in 5-2, just with the advantage of Athena's sensitive hearing, Athena doesn't go into a PTSD episode like she did in DD and only just temporarily doubts herself like other attorneys have in previous cases, I feel a Khura'in prosecutor would take any opportunity to get the defense off the case, even when currently winning considering how commonly defense attorneys pull contradictions out of thin air, and the scene itself was so unremarkable that I had to rewatch the case on YouTube to realize that I missed it.

    Saibanchou

    The Judge is good. He wasn't that noteworthy in the first half of the case, but he had some fun moments later on.

    Taifu Toneido

    He dead.

    Geiru Toneido

    Geiru's okay. Her balloon gimmick and personality didn't interest me, and while I understood her motive more here than on my first playthrough after reading His Honor, JC's misconception post and learning more about Japanese theater, I wish we could've solved the motive ourselves.

    Uendo Toneido

    Uendo's perfect. All his personalities have a unique charm to them and feel like they could work as individual characters if they had a bit more individual development. I like how his DID and his fourth personality, Owen, play a part in the case, offer multiple witnesses inside one character, and tie into him being a rakugo performer. And I love the idea of basically getting Uendo drunk in order to get more testimony out of him. He's my favorite character in this case.

    Overall

    This is an okay cast. It's the weakest cast of the game so far due to the size of the cast increasing Athena and Nahyuta's impact on the case, but there's still some solid characters here, and Uendo and Simon help to balance it out.

    Trial - Day 1 Part 1

    Cross Examinations

    These are okay cross examinations. The Mood Matrix section and some of the contradictions keep this from being an overall negative experience, but the gaps in gameplay and some other less engaging contradictions keep this from being a positive experience as well.

    Story

    This is a good first chapter. It had a slow start with some lackluster revelations, and Nahyuta's bullying of the defense was the most tiring here, but the later revelations involving Uendo's role in the case and his DID made this feel like a worthwhile experience.

    Overall

    This is an alright opening segment. It's my least favorite trial segment of the game so far, but it was decently enjoyable overall.

    Trial - Day 1 Part 2

    Cross Examinations

    These are fantastic cross examinations. While still not flawless due to the gaps in gameplay, they did a far better job at remaining consistently engaging than the last segment, with the gaps feeling less prominent overall.

    Story

    This is a great final chapter. While, once again, I wish we could've broken Geiru's motive rather than an abrupt explanation by the end, the revelations about Owen and Geiru's roles in the case are impactful, and I love the idea of getting a witness drunk to find new testimony.

    Overall

    This is a really great final segment. I still have my issues with it, but almost everything was a major improvement from the beginning.

    How I Would Improve

    If I were to try and improve this case while retaining most of its original identity, I would make two changes.

    1. I would make Athena more competent. This is the first time I've disliked Athena in a case, and while part of that is due to her personality and impact on the case being worse than before, it's mostly due to her feeling like a newcomer to the courtroom. There are multiple points in which she nearly gives up and needs a pep talk to keep going, and while she did reach the point of giving up in cases in DD, that was due to her PTSD physically and mentally preventing her from carrying on, but the closest she comes in this case to a PTSD episode was just doubting herself the most.

    She needed to be more confident and feel like she's grown from DD, and her not having a PTSD episode when the gallery turns against her could've been a great showcase of that development if she didn't keep doubting herself continuously before and after that scene, because it ultimately just feels like the substance of one major point of failure is weakly spread across her entire character.

    1. I would make Simon this case's prosecutor. Nahyuta offers nothing valuable to this case outside of one joke, and I feel like Simon would be a greater fit. He could help in Athena's growth as an attorney the same way he did in DD by motivating her and coming up with a plan to take down the culprit, and considering this case is the least connected to the main plot, just making this purely a sidestory that acts more like an extra case from DD could make for a more justifiable break from the main game.

    Final Verdict

    This is an alright case. I liked how the case ended, and I really enjoyed Simon and Uendo, but it's really disappointing that Athena and Nahyuta had such weak appearances after the former had such a great track record of appearances and the latter was still an overall good character, and some of the other characters and the beginning were little more than passable. It's not my least favorite case in the series since, like it's been with previous controversial cases, despite some really major issues, the entirety of the issues I had didn't leave as major of an impact on me as they have on others, but it's still my least favorite case in the game, and it's sad that it had to end up this way considering how much I used to love this case and how high quality the previous cases have been.

    6.8214285715/10, it's going between 1-1 and 3-3.

    Case Rankings

    4-1 (9.4583333334/10)

    1-4 (9.275/10)

    3-4 (9.1428571429/10)

    3-5 (9.0714285715/10)

    2-4 (9.0479166667/10)

    I2-5 (8.9131578948/10)

    6-2 (8.9027777778/10)

    3-1 (8.7916666667/10)

    I-5 (8.6818181818/10)

    I-1 (8.625/10)

    I2-1 (8.625/10)

    5-5 (8.4833333334/10)

    2-2 (8.4166666667/10)

    6-1 (8.4166666667/10)

    3-2 (8.3833333334/10)

    1-3 (8.2916666667/10)

    1-5 (8.2/10)

    I-4 (8.1875/10)

    5-DLC (8.1666666667/10)

    I2-3 (8.1507936508/10)

    I2-2 (8.0865384616/10)

    I2-4 (8.0833333333/10)

    5-2 (8.0625/10)

    4-2 (7.9423076923/10)

    1-2 (7.825/10)

    6-3 (7.7/10)

    4-3 (7.6/10)

    I-2 (7.5833333334/10)

    2-3 (7.575/10)

    I-3 (7.5/10)

    5-4 (7.3875/10)

    5-1 (7.2321428572/10)

    4-4 (6.9642857143/10)

    5-3 (6.8333333334/10)

    1-1 (6.8333333334/10)

    6-4 (6.8214285715/10)

    3-3 (6.4416666667/10)

    2-1 (6.2321428572/10)

    Previous (6-3)

    submitted by /u/KaleBennett
    [link] [comments]

    Golden court was winning, so now it gets removed. 3 3rd cases to go, and out of these, which one is your favorite?

    Posted: 01 Nov 2021 07:28 PM PDT

    [TGAA1, Case 2] A few people have asked for an update on my TGAA names mod, so here's one.

    Posted: 01 Nov 2021 09:40 PM PDT

    Hey, you might've seen my early (day one, I think) TGAA mod where I replaced Sholmes' name with Holmes, as I prefer it that way. At the time, I could not figure out how to open the main script files (the only ones I could edit were the Escapade scripts), but now I have, so I'll continue working on the mod! I don't think it'll take too terribly long, but I wouldn't expect a finished product by, say, tomorrow, considering all the testing and re-testing that has to happen first. It may happen by the end of the year, depends on how motivated I am.

    It's a bit of a pain in the ass, but it's not difficult at all.

    So what I'd like to ask now is, how many names would you actually want replaced? I'll, of course, do Holmes and Watson, and that's honestly enough for me, as I like the rest of the newly changed names in TGAA (or at least can tolerate them). If you guys want something more out of this, though, I'll definitely take it into consideration.

    Additionally, fairly soon I'll write up a tutorial on how to extract the script files for yourself, edit them however you like, and then patch them back into the game so that you can do this yourself if you so desire. Note that I only know how to do this on PC, for any other platform it's gonna be a little more complex.

    submitted by /u/JurassicApollo
    [link] [comments]

    Played AA on AI Dungeon and the ending to this nonsensical case made me laugh so hard

    Posted: 01 Nov 2021 07:59 AM PDT

    Mia Fey Post Trilogy

    Posted: 01 Nov 2021 10:49 AM PDT

    So I'm about halfway through playing the original trilogy (just finished the Ini Miney case) and I've become very attached to the character of Mia Fey. I looked her up, but this trilogy is all she really appears in. Is there literally any Mia content, even like a namedrop here and there, outside of the trilogy or is it just these few games left?

    submitted by /u/surge_aura
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment