• Breaking News

    Monday, November 8, 2021

    Ace Attorney Apparently Van Zieks desk was supposed to be destroyed due to his leg slam at some point of the game

    Ace Attorney Apparently Van Zieks desk was supposed to be destroyed due to his leg slam at some point of the game


    Apparently Van Zieks desk was supposed to be destroyed due to his leg slam at some point of the game

    Posted: 07 Nov 2021 02:35 PM PST

    This art of Edgeworth from the opening of Investigations 2 is very powerful ��

    Posted: 07 Nov 2021 11:44 AM PST

    Daddy and Daughter

    Posted: 07 Nov 2021 04:26 AM PST

    My 12yo daughter is a massive Ace Attorney fan. Tell me something I can share with her that will blow her mind.

    Posted: 07 Nov 2021 05:08 PM PST

    She dressed as Apollo Justice for Halloween.

    submitted by /u/Flandersmcj
    [link] [comments]

    Round 12 of the Ace Attorney elimination contest. 7 characters have been declared guilty. Prepare your essays and vote the next 6 to be eliminated in the comments. Also Based Moe lives another round.

    Posted: 07 Nov 2021 08:38 AM PST

    Ron and Sebastian appear in the same case but never interact and quite frankly its criminal

    Posted: 07 Nov 2021 08:59 AM PST

    [SPOILER - DGS1 CASE 3] The hands when Gina fiddles with her coin, unhidden

    Posted: 07 Nov 2021 08:11 AM PST

    was messing around. guess what the first ever objection.lol was?

    Posted: 07 Nov 2021 07:37 PM PST

    Was this a gimmick involving the 3DS depth slider in the original version?

    Posted: 07 Nov 2021 11:13 AM PST

    How Does TGAA1-2 Still Make Me Cry (Full Chronicles Spoilers)

    Posted: 07 Nov 2021 08:10 PM PST

    Even though I know Kazuma is alive I still get choked up during this case. Just seeing Nikolina horrified at what she's done, or Susato and Ryunosuke mourning at the end, and Susato handing off Karuma, and just all of it is so good emotionally even though I know Kazuma didn't actually die.

    Even if it drags in some places, TGAA1-2 is a good case that will never fail to make me cry

    submitted by /u/RavenclawLunatic
    [link] [comments]

    Is Christmas in November too early? Here's a handmade (not objection.lol) debate about that

    Posted: 07 Nov 2021 05:52 PM PST

    Looking Back on The Adventure of the Unbreakable Speckled Band

    Posted: 07 Nov 2021 06:54 PM PST

    Capcom are so determined to not localize AAI2 that they made an investigation-only case for a traditional AA game. From what I've seen, this is a pretty mixed case, with a near equal amount of people that love and hate it. Much like this game did this year, let's leave Japan while looking back on The Adventure of the Unbreakable Speckled Band.

    History With This Case

    When I first played this case, I thought it was really great and my favorite case of the game for how fun and unique of an experience was, only really brought down by its ending.

    This case will be judged by its characters and investigation segments. Character criticism will revolve around the character's personality, role in the story, and their actions throughout the case. Investigation segment criticism will revolve around the enjoyability of the general investigations, and quality of the story being told during that segment.

    Court in now in session for the trial of The Adventure of the Unbreakable Speckled Band.

    Characters

    Ryunosuke Naruhodo

    Ryunosuke's great. While his personality is weaker than in the last case, there were still some hints of enjoyment at times. And while him being the suspect doesn't have as much of an impact as in the last case, and I don't think all the moments of him reflecting on Kazuma were that strong, I like that he'd stowaway on the ship and study to become a lawyer because it's what Kazuma would've wanted.

    Susato Mikotoba

    Susato's okay. While she had her enjoyable moments, she honestly felt less like an assistant to Ryunosuke and more like a passenger to the case. The Susato Takedown only worked for me the first time, and other times it just felt pointless, and most of the times they tried to showcase how she was affected by Kazuma's death felt less like she was in deep pain and had trouble trusting Ryunosuke, and more like she was being a hypocrite in the ways she reacts to Ryunosuke doing something that she or Herlock would also do, only getting a successful showcase of emotion by the end. She's my least favorite character in this case.

    Herlock Sholmes

    Herlock's great. While not having any emotional or character defining moments like Ryunosuke or Susato did at the end of the case, he has the funnest personality of the entire cast with the ways he balances being loud and silly with subtle and focused, and being one step above everyone else with having all his deductions be wrong.

    Sailor

    Who?

    Satoru Hosonaga

    Satoru's good. I felt he had less of a presence in this case than in the last despite him being Kazuma's bodyguard, but there were still some hints of his justice-craving personality, especially in the aftermath of him getting beaten.

    Bif Strogenov

    Bif's good. His personality and connection to Nikolina didn't leave much of an impact on me, but I enjoyed his snake and how it initially played a part in the deductions.

    Nikolina Pavlova

    Nikolina's fantastic. While her scared and nervous personality didn't always hit hard, it did near the second half of the case. Almost everything about her, from her being a runaway ballerina, to her cat being one of her only companions, to the murder being an accident due to a misunderstanding, is baked in tragedy, and seeing her have to deal with the reality of what she's done and how it's impacted every hits hard. She's my favorite character in this case.

    Overall

    This is a really good cast. Like the last segment, the best and worst characters ultimately balanced each other, although I feel this is the weaker cast due to more characters being closer to the above-average mark.

    Investigation, Part 1

    Investigation

    This is a bad investigation. I did like investigating the ship and the Dance of Deduction, but the gaps in gameplay and unnecessary tutorials once again hurt the experience by a major amount.

    Story

    This is a meh first chapter. I liked learning about Kazuma's death and seeing how the characters were affected by it, and I liked the pursuit to learn Nikolina's true identity, but once again, it felt like the segment was just dragging on minor interactions or repeating things that don't play a major, or even minor part in the case, and Ryunosuke being the suspect doesn't have the same impact as before.

    Overall

    This is a sad first segment. It was almost on par with the first segment of the last case, but I feel it took some of the issues with the last case's opening and made parts of them worse, doing barely anything better.

    Investigation, Part 2

    Investigation

    This is a good investigation. While shorter than the first segment, it's a more fast-paced segment, devoting more time to investigating the boat.

    Story

    This is a good chapter. Again, it's shorter, but it never felt distracted from the main focus of the case, and while all the stuff we learn about the case wasn't that impactful, I like how it showcases the possibility of the door locking by itself.

    Overall

    This is a good investigation segment. I feel if they took the quicker-paced feeling of this segment and applied to the longer first segment, we initially could've gotten something far more enjoyable.

    Investigation, Part 3

    Investigation

    This is an okay investigation. I feel it had a mix of the strengths and weaknesses of the timeframes and available content of both segments that came before it, resulting in something about down the middle.

    Story

    This is a fantastic final chapter. While I feel there was still an issue with the segment extending unnecessary details and not always feeling focused, the revelations about the crime were the strongest of the case, I like the reveal of the crime being an accident, and the ending with Ryunosuke planning to study to become a lawyer was the strongest moment of the case.

    Overall

    This is a really good final segment. While still lacking a bit gameplay-wise, the story did managed to improve overtime and end on a strong note.

    How I Would Improve

    If I were to try and improve this case while retaining most of its original identity, I would make two changes.

    1. I would make Susato more interesting. I feel this case did a poor job at showcasing her personality and giving her an emotional core.

    For her personality, while there were times I liked how she worked off of Ryunosuke, she mostly felt like a background character that occasionally gives her opinion on what's going on or reminds Ryunosuke that he's a stowaway, and while this may be due to her not being comfortable around Ryunosuke, I feel the least they could do is give her more enjoyable interactions to what's going on.

    For her emotional core, while I like the ending where she learns to trust Ryunosuke and apologize for what she's done to him, the stuff she does to him like throwing him when he tries to act on his own or acting negative towards him when he does something like read Kazuma's diary while not caring when Herlock does it didn't really feel like she was still doubtful of or angry at him as much as it felt like she was just picking on him for fun, and anytime they try to show her react to Kazuma's death by making her sad or angry felt more like she was disappointed and annoyed, and I think it would've been better if her grief was more subtle, like her nearly crying when Kazuma's death is talked about, or talking more about her memories with him when we examine his diary or Karuma.

    1. I would shrink the script. Much like the first case, this case doesn't know when to shut up, feeling like it's padding out the script to make the case longer, like when the mystery behind Nikolina's pet turns into a debate over if it was a dog, rabbit, or chicken, and while some periods of long conversations are given like during the Dance of Deduction, it once again feels like almost each line of dialogue is being increased expotentially.

    Final Verdict

    This is an alright case. I feel basically every aspect of the last case was made slightly worse here, and while I don't consider it to be an issue of the investigation-only structure like other people do, I think it's more so due to how simple the mystery was and how limited the environment was, as the boat's three rooms wasn't as engaging of an environment as other investigations that have a larger amount of diverse environments, leading to most of the best aspects of the case being saved for the ending where no one moves and the case is solved.

    I think if there was more of a focus on investigating multiple parts of the boat, then this would be a worthwhile substitute for a case with a trial. But as it stands, I don't think it's the worst case in the series, and aspects like that ending and most of the characters were nearly enough for me to call this case good. But if my shared issues with these two cases continue to be a problem, this might not be as positive of an experience as I initially considered it.

    6.9166666667/10, it's going between 4-4 and 5-3.

    Case Rankings

    4-1 (9.4583333334/10)

    1-4 (9.275/10)

    3-4 (9.1428571429/10)

    3-5 (9.0714285715/10)

    2-4 (9.0479166667/10)

    I2-5 (8.9131578948/10)

    6-2 (8.9027777778/10)

    3-1 (8.7916666667/10)

    I-5 (8.6818181818/10)

    I-1 (8.625/10)

    I2-1 (8.625/10)

    5-5 (8.4833333334/10)

    2-2 (8.4166666667/10)

    6-1 (8.4166666667/10)

    3-2 (8.3833333334/10)

    1-3 (8.2916666667/10)

    1-5 (8.2/10)

    I-4 (8.1875/10)

    5-DLC (8.1666666667/10)

    I2-3 (8.1507936508/10)

    I2-2 (8.0865384616/10)

    I2-4 (8.0833333333/10)

    5-2 (8.0625/10)

    4-2 (7.9423076923/10)

    6-DLC (7.8636363637/10)

    1-2 (7.825/10)

    G-1 (7.7833333334/10)

    6-5 (7.7763157895/10)

    6-3 (7.7/10)

    4-3 (7.6/10)

    I-2 (7.5833333334/10)

    2-3 (7.575/10)

    I-3 (7.5/10)

    5-4 (7.3875/10)

    5-1 (7.2321428572/10)

    4-4 (6.9642857143/10)

    G-2 (6.9166666667/10)

    5-3 (6.8333333334/10)

    1-1 (6.8333333334/10)

    6-4 (6.8214285715/10)

    3-3 (6.4416666667/10)

    2-1 (6.2321428572/10)

    Previous (G-1)

    submitted by /u/KaleBennett
    [link] [comments]

    Who do you want more background stories of?

    Posted: 07 Nov 2021 11:18 PM PST

    if you say Apollo you deserve to be publicly executed

    personally i'd choose Ema, i would like to know more about what happened to her parents

    submitted by /u/MrBucket7
    [link] [comments]

    Is there someplace to get an attorney's badge/lapel pin?

    Posted: 07 Nov 2021 01:38 PM PST

    I actually am a licensed attorney in the US, and I'm a major fan of this series. Thing is, while we have bar cards, there's no actual pin or badge we get awarded to reflect our status (at least not in my state). I know these are a real thing in Japan, so I totally get why it might be hard to find a realistic-looking one, but I'd love to have one, just as a nice little understated lapel pin. Any idea where I could get hold of a decent-looking one I could wear when I'm wearing a suit?

    submitted by /u/PvtSherlockObvious
    [link] [comments]

    Barok looks like Castlevania Rondo of Blood Dracula, but with no fangs.

    Posted: 07 Nov 2021 04:58 AM PST

    What's your favorite DGS friendship dynamic (plot spoilers)

    Posted: 07 Nov 2021 02:27 PM PST

    Hello guys, i recently bought the ace attorney trilogy, im at the second game, what are the game that i should play next? I mean realise date, i can’t find a list, im pretty sure after 3 there is Apollo Justice, but im not sure thanks for the help

    Posted: 07 Nov 2021 06:50 AM PST

    Manfred Von Karma - The Robbie Rotten of AA

    Posted: 07 Nov 2021 12:59 AM PDT

    (Spoilers for 3-5) Do you think...

    Posted: 07 Nov 2021 10:36 AM PST

    ...Godot wanted, even to an extent, to protect Maya when he killed Misty?

    I'm not saying he did 100% want to protect her, nor am I condoning with what he did, this is supposed to be a post to create peaceful discussion about him. I will write my thoughts in the comment section.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/Lost_Rough
    [link] [comments]

    Finally finished TGAA Chronicles!

    Posted: 07 Nov 2021 10:22 AM PST

    Admittedly, it took me a long time to get into this series since back in the day I struggled hard to get into PW1 (tried three times before it clicked) but I'm glad I got to this point. I think by the time I finished PW3 I really got why the series was so good. I only played PW5 since Apollo wasn't easily purchaseable until it got ported to 3DS, I have yet to finish PW6 and PWvL and AAI1 however.

    Anyway, I was really excited for TGAA since I heard it was so good but I thought it would never see the light of day in English (officially). It took me about 85 hours to finish both games, I'm a bit slow and I tried to bruteforce through cases when I got stuck lol. I only had to look at a guide 5-6 times, compared to getting stuck a lot more for PW1-3. What I liked the most are the colourful cast of characters, and how intertwined each case was. They spared no detail in making a cohesive plot, it's not perfect but it's pretty damn close. I enjoyed every case except maybe TGAA2's Episode 2, it felt a bit dragged on in the worst way. There were so many great moments in every case and it's hard to forget these characters, I'm scared to ask for a sequel in case it sucks but I think it would be a shame if we couldn't get some more of these goofy characters.

    By the end it felt like an emotional rollercoaster, but I felt like all the characters actually grew at the end of the story. Such a masterpiece, I started gaming a little more again since last year but this game is definitely my game of the year. I loved it so much, I'll probably pick it up for PS4 again later to replay but it was a comfy game to play on my Switch for sure.

    submitted by /u/aisutron
    [link] [comments]

    Great Ace Attorney Chronicles Burnout

    Posted: 07 Nov 2021 06:35 AM PST

    Hello Everyone

    I'm playing through GAA games back to back, finished the first games, and now I'm on the beginning of the third case of GAA2. I like AA games mostly, but I cannot help but feel that many times they are not direct to the point and talk for laughs, which is goo sometimes but here it is not.

    Also, I find the games easy and predictable so far, with no real plot twist that makes me go on. Thus, I got bored that I force myself to play 15-20 minutes every night hoping it will get interesting. I don't know If I shouldn't have played them back to back, or it's the games themselves, but I'm thinking of dropping it.

    Therefore, I wanted to know if the rest of the cases are better and good enough to continue, or more of the same?

    P.S: I like Ryo and Herlock a lot. Prosecutor is doing a fine job so far too

    submitted by /u/CloudyFriend
    [link] [comments]

    hair test with mr. wellington himself

    Posted: 07 Nov 2021 11:06 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment