• Breaking News

    Monday, October 25, 2021

    Ace Attorney [OC] The detectives meet!

    Ace Attorney [OC] The detectives meet!


    [OC] The detectives meet!

    Posted: 24 Oct 2021 07:32 PM PDT

    On a beach day

    Posted: 24 Oct 2021 08:26 AM PDT

    Stark Difference Between the Fan and Official Translations

    Posted: 24 Oct 2021 07:54 PM PDT

    the waa halloween party!

    Posted: 24 Oct 2021 11:08 AM PDT

    My first custom pose!

    Posted: 24 Oct 2021 11:20 AM PDT

    I drew Athena in the Friday Night Funkin' style for fun.

    Posted: 24 Oct 2021 01:57 AM PDT

    Probably the only AA fanart I know how to draw ft. Best AA character

    Posted: 24 Oct 2021 07:10 AM PDT

    What the hell is Phoenix Drive

    Posted: 24 Oct 2021 10:30 PM PDT

    I heard about it once and now I can't stop thinking about it. Normally I would Google it but I'm under the impression it's some weird stuff so I decided not to just in case. What is it

    submitted by /u/Rolltheweed
    [link] [comments]

    Everyone’s reaction to Van Zieks finally throwing his leg on the bench in TGAA 2

    Posted: 24 Oct 2021 01:32 AM PDT

    Another snippet of 'Turnabout Steamed Hams'. Would you guys be interested in playing it?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2021 12:59 PM PDT

    [Persona 5 Crossover] Phantom Thief Maya Fey: All-Out-Attack! (w/ Level Up and Textless variants)

    Posted: 24 Oct 2021 08:02 AM PDT

    Personal Favorite Judge in Ace Attorney

    Posted: 24 Oct 2021 10:26 PM PDT

    Unpopular opinions thread

    Posted: 24 Oct 2021 11:39 AM PDT

    Say a hot take challenge like this:

    I am not a massive fan of the character but I still think Nahyuta is way better than the other rivals of the AJ-SOJ games

    submitted by /u/Analytical-critic-44
    [link] [comments]

    What's Your Opinion on Susato?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2021 07:49 PM PDT

    Pretty general post I felt like asking. Share your thoughts on TGAA's lead heroine!

    submitted by /u/RainSpectreX
    [link] [comments]

    What are your opinions on Rise From the Ashes aka 1-5?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2021 08:33 AM PDT

    The title. For the time I've been in this sub, 1-5 is considered a good case but with some flaws, to the point some people ask whether or not they should play it. Imho, RFTA is an outstanding case that may have my favorite villain of all time (although AA3, AAI2 and AJ had some awesome culprits too). Lana Skye is a compelling character as well as Ema Skye, and the same applies to Jake Marshall and even Angel Starr. Meekins was okay as a comic relief and I like how Edgeworth and Wright team up against the big bad. Anyway, what are your opinions on Rise From the Ashes? Awkwardly paced mess or top-tier murder-mystery plot? I chose the latter, but I want to know what you think.

    Thanks for reading my post btw :D

    submitted by /u/Lost_Rough
    [link] [comments]

    I finally get over all Ace Attorney games

    Posted: 24 Oct 2021 09:39 AM PDT

    I begun my Ace Attorney journey 2 years ago now with the trilogye remaster on switch.

    It was love at first sight and after the trilogy, I purchased the 4 5 and 6 on the my old 3DS incredible, I think the 6 is the best from all the main timeline games.

    I played then a year later to the first spin off and its sequel with Edgeworth and oh god I love Edgey :D

    With the announce of The great Ace Attorney chronicles, I started playing the crossover with Layton to feed my hype and it was really fun even if I don't really know Layton's lore.

    And now just yesterday I finished chronicles, a masterpiece if I may say !!

    And now here I am, writting here and expecting an official announce about a Ace Attorney 7 or an other spin off because Ace Attorney has become a religion to me and the hype doesn't decrease at all...

    What about you ? What's your AA journey and your expectations for the future ?

    submitted by /u/MutsumiOtohime
    [link] [comments]

    Looking Back on The Foreign Turnabout

    Posted: 24 Oct 2021 01:39 PM PDT

    We're onto the only other entry on the 3DS, ignoring the fact that Professor Layton and Japan exist. From what I've seen, this is considered an alright case, with occasional comparisons to the best and worst openings. Let's enter the kingdom of Khura'in while looking back on The Foreign Turnabout.

    History With This Case

    From my most recent memory, I thought this was a really good case, not really enjoying the new cast that much, but still loving the new environment and how it played into the story and cross examinations.

    This case will be judged by its characters and trial segment. Character criticism will revolve around the character's personality, role in the story, and their actions throughout the case. Trial segment criticism will revolve around the enjoyability of the cross examinations, and quality of the story being told during that segment.

    Court is now in session for the trial of The Foreign Turnabout.

    Characters

    Phoenix Wright

    Phoenix is perfect. I feel this game did a better job showcasing his personality in a fun and awkward, but more matured and serious light than any case in DD.

    Seeing him learn about the customs of both Khura'in's community, trial system, and views on lawyers is really cool, the DC Act putting his life on the line stacked on top of him meeting and learning to trust Ahlbi in the beginning of the case is an incredible way to showcase his views on believing in your client, and I like how he uses his history with trials to showcase the issues with Khura'in trial system and not giving the defendant a truly fair trial. He's my favorite character in this case.

    Ahlbi Ur'gaid

    Ahlbi's fantastic. His personality didn't leave a major impact on me, but I like his passion for being a tourist and monk in training. I like how he serves as a bridge between Phoenix and Maya, giving him a reason to be trustworthy, and him being just a kid showcases just how harsh Khura'in's trial system can be, which ultimately makes Phoenix defending him and him revealing and then overcoming his fear of lawyers even greater.

    Rayfa Padma Khura'in

    Rayfa's good. I like her reactions to her insights being wrong and how she reacts to being taken out of the courtroom, but the rest of her personality and role in the story weren't that impactful.

    Gaspen Payne

    Gaspen's great. While his personality still doesn't always hit for me, there were a few more enjoyable moments of him being malicious, and I really like how he allowed a trial he was gonna win to continue just for an opportunity to get Phoenix executed.

    But I still stand by my claim that he should've been called "Khura'in Payne," or "cry in pain."

    Judge (Khura'in)

    The Judge is perfect. His personality and the interactions with him are really funny and charming, especially when he talks about how he's gonna be late for a class with his wife and how he'll have to explain later why he was late.

    Much like how Phoenix is new to the customs of Khura'in, I like how the Judge is unfamiliar with Phoenix and Gaspen's trial system, both paralleling Phoenix's foreign status and giving a reason for an optional tutorial. And I really like how despite Rayfa initially being the most valuable resource in the case due to her Divination Seances, the Judge is still willing to remove her from the court in order to continue the trial and give Ahlbi and Phoenix a fair chance after her seance was proven to not be conclusive enough.

    Paht Rohl

    He dead.

    Shah'do

    Best boy.

    Pees'lubn Andistan'dhin

    Pees'lubn's okay. I found him to be a pretty standard culprit and not being interested his monk/musician personalities or motive for murder, but he's harmless enough. He's my least favorite character in this case.

    Inga Karkhuul Khura'in

    Wait, he was in this case?

    Overall

    This is a great cast. Half the characters in this case were fantastic, and every character except one felt enjoyable and interesting in some manner, even if they aren't all equally or consistently enjoyable or interesting.

    Trial - Day 1

    Cross Examinations

    These are good cross examinations. While the gaps in gameplay did feel pretty overbearing in the beginning half, and I think they missed out on introducing a bit of the investigation system in the opening, the case slowly got more and more fun and engaging overtime, and I really like how the Divination Seance and evidence examining are implemented here.

    Story

    This is a perfect story. Despite this being the opening of the game, the two hour timeframe, and the lack of a split trial, I never found any parts of the story to be overwhelming or hard to focus on. I like how Khura'in is initially showcased as a simple community with a different culture and religious views, as it contrasts how bloodhungry and hiveminded the gallery is in the courtroom, almost as if the differences in the trial system and views on lawyers has made the citizens view trials as equal to cage fights, with prosecutors and Rayfa viewed as undefeated champions.

    Because of the length of the case and single trial segment, all the revelations are presented here, all being impactful and interesting. The DC Act works not only to give higher stakes, but also emphasizes how much Phoenix values his mindset of believing in your client until the bitter end, and the opening gives him a reason to trust Ahlbi and hold onto that trust. And I like the setup for Dhurke and the rebellion. I have no issues here.

    Overall

    This is a really great trial segment. The gameplay could've been handled better, the story did an incredible job introducing the new concepts of the game while still being a successful case at its core.

    How I Would Improve

    If I were to try and improve this case while retaining most of its original identity, I would make two changes.

    1. I would make Pees'lubn more interesting. He's not bad, but I feel either making his personality more fun and interesting than just being a monk and musician, or focusing more on how Ahlbi wanted to be a monk, or going deeper into his motive, and while I know these traits did work for other people, they didn't work for me.

    2. I would add the investigation system to the opening. It doesn't have to be an entire investigation segment, but I feel just getting the opportunity investigate the local area where we meet Ahlbi would add a lot to this case's significance.

    This is the first opening case where we start outside of the courthouse, and I feel either examining the environment until Ahlbi appears or just examining Ahlbi in the background to trigger the interaction would add an extra layer to the idea that Phoenix and the player are foreigners to Khura'in and that despite the gallery's actions in the trial later, Khura'in is still a peaceful community at heart. Plus, having a brief investigation may also promote the idea of opening cases not limiting themselves to single trial stories.

    Final Verdict

    This is a great case. After 5-1 felt more inline with the quality of the worst opening cases, this case managed to come close to the quality of the best. It's still on my bottom half of all opening cases, but it's still a far cry from the first two openings and 5-1. Outside of the AAI duology, this case feels the least like an opening case, thanks to the new concepts it introduces and how it stands out from other opening cases, while still being a fun an interesting case at heart with a likeable cast, intriguing story, and mostly fun gameplay.

    8.4166666667/10, it's going between 2-2 and 3-2.

    Case Rankings

    4-1 (9.4583333334/10)

    1-4 (9.275/10)

    3-4 (9.1428571429/10)

    3-5 (9.0714285715/10)

    2-4 (9.0479166667/10)

    I2-5 (8.9131578948/10)

    3-1 (8.7916666667/10)

    I-5 (8.6818181818/10)

    I-1 (8.625/10)

    I2-1 (8.625/10)

    5-5 (8.4833333334/10)

    2-2 (8.4166666667/10)

    6-1 (8.4166666667/10)

    3-2 (8.3833333334/10)

    1-3 (8.2916666667/10)

    1-5 (8.2/10)

    I-4 (8.1875/10)

    5-DLC (8.1666666667/10)

    I2-3 (8.1507936508/10)

    I2-2 (8.0865384616/10)

    I2-4 (8.0833333333/10)

    5-2 (8.0625/10)

    4-2 (7.9423076923/10)

    1-2 (7.825/10)

    4-3 (7.6/10)

    I-2 (7.5833333334/10)

    2-3 (7.575/10)

    I-3 (7.5/10)

    5-4 (7.3875/10)

    5-1 (7.2321428572/10)

    4-4 (6.9642857143/10)

    5-3 (6.8333333334/10)

    1-1 (6.8333333334/10)

    3-3 (6.4416666667/10)

    2-1 (6.2321428572/10)

    Previous (5-DLC)

    submitted by /u/KaleBennett
    [link] [comments]

    Not including 1-4, 2-4, 3-5, I2-5, DGS2-5, DGS1-5, and now 6-5, what is your favorite final case?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2021 05:56 PM PDT

    Once again, waiting the full 2 days

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/Sad_Papaya7860
    [link] [comments]

    Great Ace Attorney Chronicles SFX?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2021 02:31 PM PDT

    Does anyone have access or know how to get the sound effects from TGAAC (or DGS/DGS 2)? I would love to include some of these sound effects for a project I'm working on!

    submitted by /u/geegeeman77
    [link] [comments]

    Who are the English voice actors for some of DD and SoJ's uncredited characters?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2021 11:45 AM PDT

    I know about the Japanese VAs, but BlueDragonCody and I kind of need the names of the English VAs for the fan game we are making (I posted about it on Reddit awhile ago, the link is here).

    For reference, here are the uncredited characters we need to credit the VAs for.

    In order of appearance:

    • Simon Blackquill
    • Klavier Gavin
    • Ga'ran Sigatar Khura'in

    (FYI: IMDb is not as much help as we've expected, since it's kind of like the "Wikipedia" and "Fandom" pages across the Internet - editable by anyone with an account, reliability and credibility questionable, sources sometimes unknown, etc.)

    submitted by /u/DawCrap1989
    [link] [comments]

    How i think the ace attorney trials and tribulations ending song would have been

    Posted: 25 Oct 2021 12:34 AM PDT

    Don't get me wrong i like the ending song in T&T like the mix between trial and turnabout sisters. But what i think the song should have been but it's my opinion...it should have been we'll meet again by Vera Lynn the song was made since the very start of WW2 and the message was when the male soldiers sent to fight they waved goodbye to there loved ones cause there wasn't a whole lot of female soldiers then. the song would have been perfect in the game cause the ace attorney trilogy is one complete story and a good one at that. And that's why the song would have been perfect in the game. Still it's my opinion.

    submitted by /u/complete-quiz0
    [link] [comments]

    AAI 2 SPOILERS | Discord edit

    Posted: 24 Oct 2021 10:10 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment