• Breaking News

    Monday, March 22, 2021

    Ace Attorney I should've gone for the other piece of evidence I had in the court record.

    Ace Attorney I should've gone for the other piece of evidence I had in the court record.


    I should've gone for the other piece of evidence I had in the court record.

    Posted: 21 Mar 2021 07:05 PM PDT

    Awe baby trucy and her dad.

    Posted: 21 Mar 2021 08:28 AM PDT

    Just started Chapter 4 of Spirit of Justice, and I had to doodle this. (Please, no spoilers past the day 1 trial)

    Posted: 21 Mar 2021 06:02 PM PDT

    Badd Dude

    Posted: 21 Mar 2021 07:29 PM PDT

    Am I obsessed? Nah...

    Posted: 21 Mar 2021 06:27 PM PDT

    Here's Datz Arebal's concept art ya'll ����

    Posted: 21 Mar 2021 07:50 AM PDT

    It finally came! My collection of my favorite characters is complete!!!

    Posted: 21 Mar 2021 12:56 PM PDT

    What does the sign on the temple entrance in 3-5 say?

    Posted: 21 Mar 2021 08:08 PM PDT

    As the title says, does the gate text mean anything? Couldn't find any info anywhere, and I don't know how to translate it.

    submitted by /u/Reddit1rules
    [link] [comments]

    What's a case you feel was made worse by having the killer be too sympathetic or too evil?

    Posted: 21 Mar 2021 06:16 PM PDT

    phoenix wright ������

    Posted: 21 Mar 2021 09:06 AM PDT

    I finally got around to playing Trials and Tribulations and it was great

    Posted: 21 Mar 2021 09:27 PM PDT

    That is all. I don't have any friends or spaces with other people who like these games so I came here to say that.

    submitted by /u/Mr_Lapis
    [link] [comments]

    Which is worse?

    Posted: 21 Mar 2021 09:37 PM PDT

    Settle a debate between my husband and me!

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/nootnoot12
    [link] [comments]

    im out of the loop about the recent DGS localization thing

    Posted: 21 Mar 2021 07:54 PM PDT

    can someone please explain?

    submitted by /u/One_Childhood5622
    [link] [comments]

    celestialsun: "Tsundere Valentine"

    Posted: 21 Mar 2021 03:00 PM PDT

    Is it just me or is Spirit Of Justice rather hypocritical with its emphasis on family?

    Posted: 21 Mar 2021 11:46 AM PDT

    I just finished the main story of Spirit of Justice after a 5-year sabbatical from the series, and I really enjoyed it. The graphics and music were phenomenal, the Divination Seances were one of my favorite new mechanics the series has experimented with, and it was nice to see the game attempt to address criticisms people had back when Dual Destinies was released. I'll probably make a more detailed post of my thoughts once I finish the DLC case if people are interested.

    All that said, I was annoyed with how much emphasis the story placed upon Apollo's relationship with Dhurk and Nahyuta while paying little more than lip service to his relationship with Trucy and Thalassa/Lamiroir. Heck, even Jove Justice was more important to the story. And yes, I'm aware that Apollo is unaware of his family connection on his mother's side, but even if the writers didn't want to bring that up yet for this story (though why not? AA4-6 have formed a loose trilogy but without the focused direction of AA1-3) audiences could still appreciate the dramatic irony of Apollo and Trucy developing a bit more of a sibling like relationship while not knowing the truth. The Magical Turnabout was nice, but even that was surface-level at best. Apollo and Trucy don't bond much more than they already have, and Trucy had nothing to say about Zak, Thalassa, or even Valant when looking at the Gramarye poster. And at the end of the day, while the trial was a fun callback to AA4, it did next to nothing to progress this game's story beyond the standard new prosecutor introduction.

    Heck, even Phoenix doesn't seem all that interested in his daughter's life. The story does a decent job of explaining why he doesn't rush home for her trial in 6-2, though it's cheapened a bit when Nahyuta is able to travel between the U.S. and Khura'in while preparing a case in the day-and-a-half between 6-3 and 6-4. But then I can't fathom why Phoenix doesn't fly home to see his daughter after the trial anyway. He's waiting to see Maya, yes, but I can't imagine a reunion with even a very good friend would take precedence over his daughter going through the trauma of a murder accusation. It's not like Maya wouldn't understand.

    In Dual Destinies, Phoenix and Edgeworth talk about Trucy and how proud dad Phoenix would drag Edgeworth to Trucy's magic shows, and it was a great moment that said a lot despite being just a couple lines of dialogue. But in this game, Phoenix, Maya, and Edgeworth never discuss Trucy at all. It feels like the game is trying to hearken back to the original trilogy era with these three, but then also talk about how they've grown and changed. It doesn't work for me. They can't have their cake and eat it too.

    And of course there's the ending. Apollo stays in Khura'in in honor of Dhurk and to help Nahyuta and Rayfa (note: Nahyuta's sister and driving motivation and another example on the inconsistent focus on family), but since the last two games have done nothing to explore Apollo's relationship with his sister, Trucy has nothing to do but feel vaguely sad and reiterate everything Athena says (a character who also had little to do in this game but that's another point entirely).

    It's just frustrating to me. They go out of their way to write a story about Apollo's family (and their extended family) featuring all brand new characters, but Apollo's other family members who were introduced way back in 2007 (or 2013 if you count his relationship with Athena as familial) have yet to have any meaningful development whatsoever. It feels like Phoenix's conversation with Thalassa at the end was only there as a reassurance that they still haven't forgotten about those plot points and will totally get to them in another game or two.

    Am I nitpicking? I see SoJ praised all the time and while I liked it, I just can't get over its hypocrisy of extolling the importance of family while basically ignoring all of the still unexplored family bonds actually introduced prior to this game.

    submitted by /u/IssunTheWanderer
    [link] [comments]

    My brother and I made a tier list of the trilogy characters and here it is!

    Posted: 21 Mar 2021 02:25 PM PDT

    Who is the most inteligent character in the series?

    Posted: 21 Mar 2021 01:13 PM PDT

    Who is more intelligent?

    Posted: 21 Mar 2021 08:07 AM PDT

    Sprites that makes you go: "The shit just got serious"

    Posted: 21 Mar 2021 06:40 AM PDT

    Is the trilogy on PS4 a good place to start ?

    Posted: 21 Mar 2021 07:52 AM PDT

    AA1 recap?

    Posted: 21 Mar 2021 11:34 AM PDT

    Hey, attorneys. So a bit of background, recently I finally got a rom of AAI2 to work. But the thing is, my save file for I1 is corrupt. And, call me lazy as hell, but I'd rather not play through the whole thing again. Decides, I finished it way back and only recently found a rom that could work on this hunk of junk. So, if any of you are feeling up to it, would you mind, a quick recap/summary? Sorry, if it's asking for too much.

    submitted by /u/Ohwaithuhimconfused
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment