• Breaking News

    Sunday, January 31, 2021

    Ace Attorney Weekly Poll [27]: What was your introduction to Ace Attorney?

    Ace Attorney Weekly Poll [27]: What was your introduction to Ace Attorney?


    Weekly Poll [27]: What was your introduction to Ace Attorney?

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 01:03 PM PST

    "W-Wright?!"

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 07:16 PM PST

    I don’t know how many people have seen this since it’s from a bonus part of PL vs PW, but I find this line hilarious

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 12:12 PM PST

    I made some Ace Attorney cups (Don’t worry, Godot is next!)

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 04:40 PM PST

    Back from the Steel Samurai con

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 12:32 AM PST

    My 100% accurate Ace Attorney tier list

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 09:09 PM PST

    I drew Mia Fey 'cause I was bored! Proud of it ngl

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 05:57 PM PST

    Maya!

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 03:54 PM PST

    Opinion on Hobo Phoenix?

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 11:54 PM PST

    Just wondering that's all. No tricks or anything just asking for opinion that's all.

    submitted by /u/Codythegoat123
    [link] [comments]

    A mythology reference? In MY Ace Attorney?

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 12:39 AM PST

    Here my drawing Edgeworth, at least i tried... Any tips improve at drawing hands?? This looks like sh*t.

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 01:35 AM PST

    I really don’t know when Edgeworth‘s birthday is so I’m posing this now

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 05:34 PM PST

    Blackquill just casually strolling on over to the defense bench. I'm getting déjà vu.

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 12:35 AM PST

    Question about some dialogue in AA1 and events in AA3 (spoilers up to TT early case 5 but playing blind, please don't spoil me)

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 11:13 PM PST

    Marathonning the series and playing blind for the first time! So please don't spoil me of anything I haven't encountered yet!

    So I just got to the part of Trials and Tribulations in which Phoenix lends his badge to Edgeworth, and you PLAY AS HIM

    But this brought to memory an interesting interaction from the first game that makes me think this should be impossible

    In one of the cases, there was dialogue between Phoenix and Ema about badges, saying something like every badge has a unique ID number on it, so you can't just lend your badge to someone else, which means, as awesome as this is, it shouldn't be possible

    Granted, this is right after a case where a paper badge fooled everyone, but what was the point of that line when that very thing happens?

    I know Rise From the Ashes was written after the original trilogy had been completed, which makes it even more confusing to me, so what's the point of that line?

    submitted by /u/Moist-Ambition
    [link] [comments]

    Is Cornered a song?

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 01:27 AM PST

    Something looks so of about this.

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 07:54 AM PST

    I drew this in my artstyle. Seriously tho, how the hell does he wear one?

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 12:09 AM PST

    Favorite Ace Attorney Anime Opening Song?

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 07:17 PM PST

    I like the season 1 ones

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qWGbZjzq9Y video of each beginning

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/gum-shit
    [link] [comments]

    This story makes a good poi t on he stupid the MASON system is and how it could be manipulated. I can see why they didn't bring it back.

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 07:57 PM PST

    Bubbles or Balloons?

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 12:30 AM PST

    Clean and pure thoughts only <3

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/al_fletcher
    [link] [comments]

    Some of my possibly controversial opinions about Ace Attorney.

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 08:32 PM PST

    Some of these opinions were taken from my comment on another post. These are some problems I have with the series, and I'd like to hear from the people who disagree, so that I might be able to see some things I might be missing.

    I think Franziska is a bad character, her whipping and perfectionist attitude are unbearable and her development felt like it didn't matter considering she acts the same afterwards.

    I don't like gimmicks being only accessible by the characters narratively (Phoenix's psyche locks are linked to him as a playable character but narratively anyone would be able to use them with a magatama, the reading of emotions and Divination Seance are linked to Athena and Rayfa's narrative characters meaning no one else that we know of can do these). These make the cases feel more situational, like because we don't have Apollo no character can be twitching, because we don't have Athena no character can fake their emotions, because we don't have Rayfa the victim's last memories don't matter.

    I think filler cases hurt the flow of the game and stop them from being masterpieces. Almost every single filler case tends to be ranked from good to horrible and I think they need to be more in line with AAI where each case is vital to the overall story and mystery.

    I think we need to stop having prosecutors that treat the defense as incompetent considering not only have they proved otherwise and some even have a connection to the prosecution, but I'd argue some of their work (DD/SOJ: stopping international spies and repairing justice systems) could even make them national heroes.

    I think DD should have kept the 2D art. The game doesn't do enough to justify the transition outside of some angle changes which easily could've been handled with different background images or the AAI gameplay style. SOJ does 3D a lot better with sweeping angles and better animations, but I still hate how there's no animation between poses and no subtle movements like breathing when a character is standing still.

    I think Objection 2004/2013/2016 isn't Phoenix's most iconic theme, 2001 is. 2004 is his only theme used by other characters and 2001's dramatic sound would've stood out more against A New Chapter Of Trials and Courtroom Revolutionnaire.

    I think AAI is a great game and I don't understand the hate. The investigation system is better and more engaging than AA's investigation system and the 3rd person art style is more appealing and more immersive than the 1st person art style. Logic is a great way to provide character input compared to having a random piece of evidence or being given a 5 minute text dump. The ideas it has are great like having a prosecutor play the role of defense and (AAI-4: having a defense attorney, our expected hero, be the murderer of a witness and prosecutor, our expected murderers). I love how there isn't a single case that feels like filler and how both the characters and the plot develop throughout every case.

    I think Kristoph should've been revealed as a murderer at the end of the game. Like if the first trial ended with a not guilty verdict with no killer being proven (which considering the dark age of the law could show proof that there's still some light) and the reveal was done at the end. I feel that would have been a more impactful reveal because both the characters and the player would spend more time trusting him which would make the reveal hurt more. Plus the ending (having the case be decided by the jury system) feels like a forced way to not only win the case but to also have a bad ending like JFA.

    I think DD and SOJ should've been AJ2 and 3. The plots of these games are so focused on Apollo that it doesn't make sense to reduce him to a smaller role. Having them be AJ games would not only make sense narratively, but they could also lead to the story being more connected and feel like an actual trilogy. I also think it would make a more impactful return for Phoenix, like if he was only an investigator in DD, then in SOJ in case 4 or 5, the other attorneys are in a situation where they can't defend themselves, like if Apollo was the defendant and defended himself to a point where he has to testify, but because Athena is emotionally vulnerable due to her past she can't cross examine Apollo because she's afriad of getting him a guilty verdict (DD: like how her plea to not arrest Simon didn't work when her mom was killed) so Phoenix has to return for Apollo and Athena's sake.

    I think Pearl and Miles shouldn't have came back in DD. Pearl isn't important to the plot outside of the DLC case and having Miles return doesn't feel as important as it should be considering his return in JFA and TT were more necessary and that (at least to Japanese audiences) it would've been only two years since we last saw him in a major role. Excluding PLvAA, that's less time than Phoenix's major return and including PLvAA, that's the same amount of time. I feel they should've been reserved for SOJ, or at least reserved for the DLC case.

    I think 5-DLC should've taken place after DD. Having it be in the middle of the story seems a bit restrictive and even degrading. Because it's the 6th case in the game, Pearl's return in case 5 feels less important considering Phoenix talks about when Athena met Pearl which up until then, we never saw. Phoenix's return in episodes 1, 4, and 5 feels less important since even though he's vital to the case, it's his second case since he's returned and he isn't vital to DLC outside of being more experienced than Athena. What also sucks is how we don't get to play as Apollo because then that would contradict his line in the 5th case where he says it's the first time in a year since he and Phoenix were at the stand together.

    I might update this list if I think of anything else, but if you disagree I'd like to hear why in case I missed something that might change my opinion.

    submitted by /u/KaleBennett
    [link] [comments]

    A SPOILERY RAGE RANT ON A CHARACTER FROM SOJ

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 02:47 PM PST

    MY GOD.

    THE LION AND THE WITCH AND THE AUDACITY OF THIS BITCH!

    NAHYUTA, WHAT THE HELL!?

    Ok, You find out your dad died days before you saw him after years! AND AS YOUR GRIEVING BROTHER MOURNS THE LOSS, YOU USE YOUR OWN DAD'S DEATH OF AMMUNITION TO PROVE YOUR "HOLY MASTER"'S JUSTICE IS TRUE AND THEN BURN HIS DREAM ALIVE!?

    That's it.. Nahyuta Sahdmadi is as of today my most hated prosecutor in the ACE ATTORNEY FRANCHISE!

    I HAVE NEVER HATED A MONK MORE IN MY ENTIRE GODDAMN LIFE!

    submitted by /u/Ohwaithuhimconfused
    [link] [comments]

    Hot take

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 04:01 PM PST

    What are your ace attorney hot take

    submitted by /u/can-imake-my-account
    [link] [comments]

    The thing I don't understand about The Inherited Turnabout

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 09:09 PM PST

    Considering that the case isn't as complicated as any of DGS 2 cases,I don't understand one thing: What WAS there to discuss about the case in court for a whole year? The only way I can see it happening is Gregory and Manfred basically "no u"-ing at each other for a few hours each trial. And I know that Raymond says,that Manfred was forging everything,but damn,what was there to forge for a whole year?

    submitted by /u/paulvanzieks
    [link] [comments]

    [Spoilers] Can someone explain Apollo's history to me?

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 11:10 PM PST

    So Apollo's dad died when he was one. He ended up in an orphanage and was adopted by Dhurke. He doesn't recognize Lamiror as Thalassa because he was so young last time he saw her. He was adopted by a Dhurke in Kura'in but went to highschool in America (Japalifornia or whatever). Nahuyuta Sahdmadhi (is that right?) is his adopted brother. Although Apollo has adopted by Dhurke, he isn't a Kura'inist or a rebel. He seems to spend most of his time in America (from AJ to DD, that's 3 years at least, not including his highschool years). His best friend from his childhood is American (Clay). He believes his mother is dead? (I can't remember).

    This is just something I put together, there could be more but I am on episode 4 of Apollo Justice so I don't have the whole story yet. Is Apollo's past completely explained for is it full of plot holes (or have yet to be confirmed).

    submitted by /u/SacredJujucc
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment