• Breaking News

    Wednesday, November 10, 2021

    Ace Attorney Round 14 of the Ace Attorney Elimination contest. This time even more late. 6 characters have been declared guilty, pick 5 this time to eliminate between the 31 left.

    Ace Attorney Round 14 of the Ace Attorney Elimination contest. This time even more late. 6 characters have been declared guilty, pick 5 this time to eliminate between the 31 left.


    Round 14 of the Ace Attorney Elimination contest. This time even more late. 6 characters have been declared guilty, pick 5 this time to eliminate between the 31 left.

    Posted: 09 Nov 2021 11:57 AM PST

    Enoch Drebber, Colourized

    Posted: 09 Nov 2021 05:49 PM PST

    Out for dinner after a long day at work

    Posted: 09 Nov 2021 04:09 AM PST

    The universe is billions of years yet I had the curse to be born in time to see this.

    Posted: 09 Nov 2021 12:51 PM PST

    Turnabout Gala: Custom Case Art

    Posted: 09 Nov 2021 06:50 AM PST

    Susato my gf made

    Posted: 09 Nov 2021 11:55 AM PST

    Some fan art of Quercus Alba that I made (seems like more of a rarity here as a character but I believe in tree man supremacy)

    Posted: 09 Nov 2021 03:26 PM PST

    Imagine, instead of Detective Gumshoe, this other Los Angeles detective was working side by side with Edgeworth

    Posted: 09 Nov 2021 07:06 PM PST

    I drew Maya!

    Posted: 09 Nov 2021 03:06 PM PST

    I like to make these funny-looking edits around ‘holidays’ for my school gmail icon. I’ve previously shown Summerworth here for the last days of school so here’s Thanksgivingworth!

    Posted: 09 Nov 2021 08:35 AM PST

    Herlock Sholmes with his Violin because he makes me weak!

    Posted: 09 Nov 2021 04:19 AM PST

    The great ace attorney 2 Resolve made me cry have a tier list!!!!

    Posted: 09 Nov 2021 04:06 PM PST

    Hope we can reach this milestone soon

    Posted: 09 Nov 2021 05:13 PM PST

    I've nearly completed the Edgeworth sketch now

    Posted: 09 Nov 2021 05:01 AM PST

    Personality differences between Apollo Justice and Ryunosuke Naruhodo? (No spoilers for GAA2 please)

    Posted: 09 Nov 2021 10:39 PM PST

    Doesn't it seem like Naruhodo and Apollo could be lost brothers? On the way they deal with situations, but in your opinion what makes them different from each other? And also you can talk about any of games, but not the GAA2 since I haven't finished it yet.

    submitted by /u/WaterKing1010
    [link] [comments]

    A piano arrange/sheet of Partners - The Game is Afoot! from TGAA; hope you'll like it!

    Posted: 09 Nov 2021 12:51 PM PST

    Phoenix Wrong

    Posted: 09 Nov 2021 01:51 PM PST

    Looking Back on The Adventure of the Runaway Room

    Posted: 09 Nov 2021 05:18 PM PST

    I still pronounce his name "Ba-Rock van Zykes". From what I've seen, this is a really popular case, sometimes considered the best case of the duology and on par with some final cases. Time to check out the demo for PLvAA2 while looking back on The Adventure of the Runaway Room.

    History With This Case

    When I first play this case, I also thought it was really great, being a difficult case to process by the end, but enjoying what it introduced to the game and how it utilized its crime scene.

    This case will be judged by its characters, trial segment, and ??? segment. Character criticism will revolve around the character's personality, role in the story, and their actions throughout the case. Trial segment criticism will revolve around the enjoyability of the cross examinations, and quality of the story being told during that segment. ??? segment criticism will revolve around the enjoyability of the ???, and quality of the story being told during that segment.

    Court in now in session for the trial of The Adventure of the Runaway Room.

    Characters

    Ryunosuke Naruhodo

    Ryunosuke's fantastic. Like in the last case, his personality was weaker than in G-1, but he still had his moments. I like his reactions to Barok's racism and the jury's constantly changing verdicts enforcing the differences between British and Japanese courts, and him having to deal with Magnus's life threatening trial being a test of his skills, along with the possibility of Magnus actually being guilty putting a spike in both the potential outcome of this test and Kazuma's values of believing in your client is great, especially since this is the first time he's defended someone other than himself.

    Susato Mikotoba

    Susato's good. She didn't have that interesting of a personality, but her bringing up the idea of a summation examination does make her feel the most like an assistant here out of all her appearances.

    Mael Stronghart

    Mael's okay. His personality wasn't that memorable, and his minor appearance meant he was basically just here to begin the plot.

    Magnus McGilded

    Magnus is perfect. He's a funny and entertaining character at the beginning when meeting Ryunosuke and near the end of the case when near him being declared not guilty, with the middle of the case being him acting extremely casually for someone being on trial for murder. I like how he calls out witnesses, like Bruce taking a loan from him and Lay actually knowing the victim, him being guilty of the murder but getting a not guilty verdict by tampering with the omnibus is fantastic, and him being burned alive in the omnibus is probably the most memorable death in the series.

    Barok van Zieks

    Barok's perfect. I really enjoyed all his mannerisms, from the way he talks to the Judge, to the treatment of his hallowed chalice, to him slamming the desk with his leg. I like how he's shown to be racist against Japanese people, but he doesn't use his racism as an argument for why Ryunosuke and Susato's claims or arguments are invalid, only considering it before they finish making their claims or when they're proven false. The "Reaper of the Grim Bailey" trait gives him a unique level of intimidation, and the ending with him watching Magnus burn in the omnibus only adds to that. He's my favorite character in this case.

    Judge (Britain)

    The Judge is okay. Once again, the judges have been far less memorable than they've been in the GBA/DS games.

    Juror No. 1 (Alto Gether)

    Juror No. 1's okay. I wasn't interested in his personality, and he was just here to do his job.

    Juror No. 2 (Heather Duster)

    Juror No 2's okay. I wasn't interested in her personality, and she was just here to do her job.

    Juror No. 3 (Trimley Sheeran)

    Juror No. 3's okay. I wasn't interested in his personality, and he was just here to do his job.

    Juror No. 4 (Enid G. Lishton)

    Juror No 4's okay. I wasn't interested in her personality, and she was just here to do her job.

    Juror No. 5 (Nathan Banks)

    Juror No. 5's good. I wasn't interested in his personality, but I like how he has a personal connection to Beppo and how that affects his verdict.

    Juror No. 6 (Sophia Parks)

    Juror No 6 is okay. I wasn't interested in her personality, and she was just here to do her job.

    'Thrice-Fired' Mason

    He dead.

    Beppo

    Beppo's good. He wasn't that interesting of a character, but his cold mannerisms and poverty make him a moderately sympathetic character.

    Bruce Fairplay

    Bruce is great. There was some fun in his mannerisms, and I like how he has a connection to Magnus that poses the question of if he did witness the murder or if he wants to avoid the consequences of his loan.

    Lay D. Furst

    Lay's good. I really like the detail of him making Mason's hat, but that's about it.

    Gina Lestrade

    Gina's great. While I wasn't that engaged in her personality and role in the story, seeing her casually shoot the members of the court is funny, and I really like how her smoke grenade introduction leads to the tampering of the omnibus.

    Overall

    This is a good cast. While there are a lot of servicable characters due to minor appearances and weak personalities, the best characters in the case are incredible in so many unique ways.

    Investigation/Trial, Part 1/Trial, Part 2

    Investigation + Cross Examinations + Summation Examination

    This is bad gameplay. Having the crime scene be a piece of evidence to examine was cool, and the summation examination was alright, but once again, the gaps between those and the general contradiction finding feel too major, and having the beginning be an investigation segment without an investigation, along with the first cross examination being just a series of presses to begin the summation examination, means it takes a while for the case to feel like it's started, and the gameplay itself feeling more so tedious than fun.

    Story

    This is a great first chapter. While this segment once again has the issue of unnecessarily dragging out certain aspects of the story, I like that this trial is a test for Ryunosuke to prove himself, which he initially doesn't want to go through because the defendant's life is on the line. I like Barok's setup and introduction, and while the unnecessary focus does hurt these individual aspects a bit, the revelations about the murder are strong, and I like how the summation examination is considered an outdated system but ultimately plays a major part in keeping the case alive.

    Overall

    This is an okay opening segment. It once again suffers from the pacing and balancing issues of the last two cases, but I think my biggest concern is why they decided to get rid of the "To be continued" screens only to bring it back for the next segment, and I spent a day not playing this case just to think about if I should judge the segments by how they're labeled in the save screen or by how the game separates them, since there are some really short segments coming up in later cases.

    Trial, Part 3

    Cross Examinations

    These are bad cross examinations. I like how the omnibus being tampered with basically turns it into a new piece of evidence to examine, but again, the gaps in gameplay and abundance of press-only cross examinations undermines the fun of finding contradictions, turning what would've been a pretty fun and engaging half-hour long segment into an occasionally tedious hour long segment.

    Story

    This is a fantastic final chapter. While the script still doesn't feel like it completely prioritizes the best parts of the story, the revelations about the case are far stronger than the last segment, especially with how the tampered-with omnibus puts a divide in these revelations. Magnus possibly being the culprit but getting a not guilty verdict either is fantastic, and the ending with Magnus burning alive in the omnibus with Barok watching it happen is the most chilling ending to a case in the series.

    Overall

    This is an alright final segment. Again, the story was really enjoyable, but I wasn't having fun playing the case.

    How I Would Improve

    If I were to try and improve this case while retaining most of its original identity, I would make two changes.

    1. I would give the jurors more entertaining personalities. I can understand not wanting to do anything wild with the jurors given this is the first appearance of a jury, but every single juror felt like they had one personality trait that wasn't meant to be interesting as much as it was meant to be distinct. I wasn't entertained by any of them, and the most I got out of them was Juror No. 5 personally knowing Beppo.

    2. I would let the player look around London in the beginning. I wouldn't make it a free-roaming investigation since Ryunosuke and Susato are being transported to Mael, but considering he asks them what they think of London, I would implement a sightseeing investigation by having the player travel to one location at a time with the other locations being closed off. It wouldn't be that indepth, but it would help to set up the new location considering this is the halfway point of the game, as well as justify the first segment being an investigation segment rather than a trial segment.

    Final Verdict

    This is an alright case. While I enjoyed the story and characters, I feel the gameplay took a massive hit. The balancing issue feels the most prevalent here, with player input feeling more unnecessary than fun. This is the first case in the series I actively disliked playing throughout the entirety of the experience, because it honestly just feels like an interactive cutscene, which ultimately undermines the new concepts like the crime scene being evidence or the jury system that could've felt like fantastic additions to engaging contradiction solving, but now feel like the only enjoyable bit of gameplay that only take a few minutes each.

    There's still stuff to like about this case. Most of the characters are good, the story is the best of the game so far, and I feel like if I just turned on Story Mode to watch the case instead, this would've currently been my favorite case of the game. But I feel like the gameplay is a massive negative of this case, depsite how much I praised it on my first playthrough. And I know there are some people who don't think the gameplay is that important to the game, with some considering watching the case on YouTube to be equivalent to playing it, and there's nothing wrong with that. But I still consider the gameplay of these games to be an important factor in my enjoyment of the series, and this case just didn't do it for me depsite what it introduced, which was enough to make this my current least favorite case of the game.

    6.71875/10, it's going between 6-4 and 3-3.

    Case Rankings

    4-1 (9.4583333334/10)

    1-4 (9.275/10)

    3-4 (9.1428571429/10)

    3-5 (9.0714285715/10)

    2-4 (9.0479166667/10)

    I2-5 (8.9131578948/10)

    6-2 (8.9027777778/10)

    3-1 (8.7916666667/10)

    I-5 (8.6818181818/10)

    I-1 (8.625/10)

    I2-1 (8.625/10)

    5-5 (8.4833333334/10)

    2-2 (8.4166666667/10)

    6-1 (8.4166666667/10)

    3-2 (8.3833333334/10)

    1-3 (8.2916666667/10)

    1-5 (8.2/10)

    I-4 (8.1875/10)

    5-DLC (8.1666666667/10)

    I2-3 (8.1507936508/10)

    I2-2 (8.0865384616/10)

    I2-4 (8.0833333333/10)

    5-2 (8.0625/10)

    4-2 (7.9423076923/10)

    6-DLC (7.8636363637/10)

    1-2 (7.825/10)

    G-1 (7.7833333334/10)

    6-5 (7.7763157895/10)

    6-3 (7.7/10)

    4-3 (7.6/10)

    I-2 (7.5833333334/10)

    2-3 (7.575/10)

    I-3 (7.5/10)

    5-4 (7.3875/10)

    5-1 (7.2321428572/10)

    4-4 (6.9642857143/10)

    G-2 (6.9166666667/10)

    5-3 (6.8333333334/10)

    1-1 (6.8333333334/10)

    6-4 (6.8214285715/10)

    G-3 (6.71875/10)

    3-3 (6.4416666667/10)

    2-1 (6.2321428572/10)

    Previous (G-2)

    submitted by /u/KaleBennett
    [link] [comments]

    I finally finished the trilogy and started Apollo Justice. Man what a game

    Posted: 09 Nov 2021 01:01 PM PST

    Where can I watch the first trial/case of Ace Attorney Trilogy?

    Posted: 09 Nov 2021 09:07 PM PST

    Based on a recommendation, before I wait and buy the trilogy, watching the first case/trial on YouTube will be the best option. This way I can know if I enjoy the game or not without spending the money.

    So my question is does anyone know any good 'let's plays' that shows the first trial/case (hopefully in its separate video). I know there's a ton out there but I'm just looking for any recommended ones.

    submitted by /u/FlamingNinja925
    [link] [comments]

    Will Powers Case 1-3

    Posted: 09 Nov 2021 08:59 AM PST

    Why would he hire Phoenix Wright who's never really represented anyone but his childhood friend, his mentor's sister, and himself? Wouldn't a high profile actor have a bunch of experienced lawyers lining up to take his case if nothing else for the free publicity? Why would Powers choose Phoenix, a no name armature defense attorney?

    submitted by /u/lergof0202
    [link] [comments]

    If I only liked T&T and GAA, which of these should I pick next?

    Posted: 09 Nov 2021 09:20 AM PST

    Hey everyone

    I've been on a AA kick for the past weeks, and while I loved the original trilogy (mainly TT) + GAA, I thought Apollo Justice and AAI 1 were pretty meh

    So which of these should I try next?

    Are DD and SoJ worth buying if I wasn't too keen on Apollo Justice?

    Thanks!

    Edit: Thanks for the responses everyone!

    Ngl I'm pretty surprised AAI2 got the highest vote by far, especially since it's not even officially translated (it's even a fan favorite on par w/ TT and GAA2 it seems?)

    So I'll be playing that next, and maybe DD if I'm still itching for more AA

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/nararayana
    [link] [comments]

    Pursuit Poll Round 3: The Top 6

    Posted: 09 Nov 2021 12:50 PM PST

    Here are the top three results from both polls, creating a list of 6 Pursuit tracks.

    Now, here's the plan: You vote here, and the top three move on to the semi-finals. Then, the top two of the semi-finals move on to the finals round. Have fun, and choose wisely!

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/shizaaasalad
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment