• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 16, 2021

    Ace Attorney Ninth Case Maker Contest Results

    Ace Attorney Ninth Case Maker Contest Results


    Ninth Case Maker Contest Results

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 02:52 AM PDT

    Drumroll please...

    Congrats to the winners, and thanks to all who entered and all who voted. See you in December!

    submitted by /u/teamcrazymatt
    [link] [comments]

    Character figures was officially released in Japan in 2006. Actually.

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 04:28 PM PDT

    I just beat the classic trilogy. What an amazing series

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 05:03 PM PDT

    A day at the park

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 11:25 AM PDT

    [OC] Trucy Wright, now with 300% more glitter.

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 06:46 PM PDT

    I've finally finished making those AA themed stickers for my sketchbook cover!

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 10:13 AM PDT

    What is the weirdest cause of death in the series?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 03:29 PM PDT

    Mines the Old Guy being smothered in dough 😂

    submitted by /u/FoxtrotFoxtrotZulu
    [link] [comments]

    Main character

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 05:24 PM PDT

    If capcom announce a new ace attorney game, who would you like to be the main character? I would like a game with athena being the main character but is my opinion.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/christiangv99
    [link] [comments]

    I only just realized that Manfred Von Karma wears earrings

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 10:58 PM PDT

    I only just realized that Manfred Von Karma wears earrings

    I was looking up some concept art of Manfred, and I noticed he was wearing earrings. I didn't recall this detail at all from the first game, so I went back and looked at the sprites. There is an almost imperceptible turquoise earring!

    https://preview.redd.it/hfxpy88z5rt71.png?width=524&format=png&auto=webp&s=2fb591a6898572902aca049fc53c16ee26af9319

    The concept art:

    https://preview.redd.it/sb2dbc9u5rt71.png?width=698&format=png&auto=webp&s=17b70934c7216765f5a2873bfb477b0929827525

    https://preview.redd.it/6wqypzuv5rt71.png?width=340&format=png&auto=webp&s=fd4d1eb6e84dd6e9b477fe3a5b88a56e79721e88

    I don't know why this fascinates me so much. Does he wear them just to match the large jewel on his cravat? Does he have other stylish ear wear? Did he get them to match Franziska? Did he make Miles get his ears pierced too?

    I need to know the deep lore of Manfred's earrings.

    submitted by /u/mouse_marple
    [link] [comments]

    Why Godot isn't misogynist(in my opinion)

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 10:46 AM PDT

    Godot's character is a frequent point of discussion within the Ace attorney community. A lot of people consider him the best written character and their favourite(myself included), but in recent years there often also is a debate on whether or not he is a misogynist. There was even a post analyzing him from that perspective here recently which is what inspired me to make this post. Don't get me wrong, this isn't to bash on that analyisis because it was a very well written one. I just happen to have a different opinion and want to make my case.

    Firstly to get it out of the way, I never understood that small faction of fans that hate on Godot and say stuff like "how can he be the fan favourite? He is a sexist prick". I have the same issue whenever someone tries to hate on Itachi and bash his fans because his plans were flawed. Like who said that only flawless characters can be fan favourites? In fact I would say it's often the opposite, as near flawless characters often tend to be boring.

    But let's get to the real arguments. For starters I want to make one distinction. For me, there is a difference in the terms "sexist" and "misogynist". Sexists, just look at the two genders unequally. Misogynists, as the word suggests, look at women with contempt. For example, a sexist man might see a woman as weaker. But a misogynist sees women are just tools for his own pleasure. I am saying this because while I do think there is merit in arguing Godot is sexist, I don't think it's fair to call him a misogynist. Not fully at least. But I am getting ahead of myself.

    Is Godot sexist? Well it's a little more complicated. Firstly, let's look at Diego Armando. Because I do think he is such a different character before and after the coma, it makes sense to analyze them separately. As Diego Armando I don't think he is sexist. I mean he never seems condescending to Mia, he never overruns her case, and he doesn't talk down to her when she loses. Which is exactly the type of behaviour you would expect from a sexist prick. Now in the comments of the previous post, I did see a very clever point one person made, that whether or not he is sexist, depends on how one views chivalry. Because he definately is chivalrous. In my opinon chivalry isn't sexist. It definately has some sexist origins, but in this day an age, when a man opens the door for a woman, or draws back a chair or whatever, they usually do it to be respectful and considerate. Not because they view women as weaker. Chivarly can definately be sexist if taken too far but Diego never does it. So for me he definately isn't sexist

    And now let's go to his post coma self. Godot. The one most people focus on in this topic. Now Godot, definately does showcase some sexist tendencies. He is very hostile towards women like Franziska, and you kind of get the feeling he talks down to other female witnesses. But here's where I disagree with the "godot is sexist" POV. That POV, assumes that he behaves like that because it's an inherent characteristic of his. That he was always like that. Also, in the previous post, the OP argued that even his guilt that he didn't save Mia came from a sexist mindset thinking that he had to always protect and save her. I don't think it's like that. In fact imo, such an interpretation cheapens his character.

    Let's look at it piece by piece. Firstly, his hostile behaviour towards some of the women like Franziska. Yes it is undeniable that he exhibits that. But the reasoning behind it I think it's deeper than sexist mindset. After all, as I already established before his coma he was much more of a gentleman so something else must have triggered that change on him. And that something is obviously Dahila. Simply put, he blames himself for falling to her trick as well. He allowed himself to be fooled by her innocent demeanor, and underestimate her. Thinking she wouldn't do anything more than the crimes of opportunity she commited. And he let himself sit at her table and drink coffee with her. So now, whenever he sees a woman, he just projects his hatred of Dahila onto her. Especially if that woman is young and agressive like Franziska. It makes perfect sense. It obviously doesn't excuse his behaviour but it definately explains it

    And now for my most important point. Him wanting to save Mia. I COMPLETELY disagree that this is part of misogynistic behaviour. He isn't saying that he should have been there to save her because he sees her as weak and in need of saving. But because he loves her. His wish isn't based on logic but on emotion. He wishes he could be there at her last moments telling himself that he could have done something to save her. The truth is, he just can't let her go. He can't move on. that's why he clings to the stupid fantasy of saving her. And that's why he projects that fantasy to Maya and makes up an entire plan to try and save her and be the hero. But also, there is some merit to the claim. Think about it. If he didn't fell into a coma, he would have likely left Grossberg with her, and they'd run the firm together. They would go after white together. So she wouldn't need to call Maya and tell her about the papers or hide them. She could have just given them to him. And White would not be able to kill both of them undetected

    So this is for me the appeal of Godot. Not the story of a sexist man, who's pride blinds him to his own faults. But the story, of a flawed broken person, who falls into a path of darkness unable to move on from an incident, that was never his fault.

    Closing this already too big text, I ask you this. In making his big plan to save Mia, Godot worked with two women. Would any sexist or misogynistic prick do that?

    submitted by /u/TvManiac5
    [link] [comments]

    larry butz? more like Locker Bnipples (sadly oc)

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 01:21 PM PDT

    If Runo offered free hugs...

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 10:14 AM PDT

    Zaddy Wright ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 10:51 PM PDT

    Which non-beginning/finale case would've been the most tragic if the defendant actually committed the crime?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 04:09 PM PDT

    Hi! I'm trying to gather some statistics, so it would be really helpful if you filled out this survey. Thanks!

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 07:33 PM PDT

    Just some Calisto Yew fanart with fun colours (my own)

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 01:33 AM PDT

    Finally finished GAA2 and my wish came true (GAA2 Spoilers, spoilers for Main games too i guess)

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 12:24 PM PDT

    The original 6 games always had a special final villain.

    In 1, 3 and 6 it was the prosecutor himself. In 2 it was your client. In 4 it was your own mentor. In 5 it was the detective.

    Since then i always wished for a game to be the judge the final-case villain. But making the judge do a crime or let him be more important in the story seemed always very hard... But with GAA2 my wish came true. And not only once but twice in a single case. And it was perfect in my opinion. We have both scenarios a judge as villain could be put in. Judge jigoku in the stand as usual witness. At this point only his occupation is that of a judge but he is treated as normal wittness.

    But what they did with stronghart was everything i could have wished with that scenario. Him being the judge trying to end the trial as fast as possible and well knowing that he is untouchable in his position. And ryunosuke, kazuma, van zieks and even sholmes all working together to get the judge down. Wouldnt it be for the queen stronghart would have get away with everything.

    I can imagine that it is very hard to create a scenario with a judge being the culprit. But because of the duology and buildup of stronghart you get a character behind the judge that isnt just "guilty, not guilty, penalty"

    And that breakdown! It was a worthy finale for the duology.

    What are your opinions on this final case? I have to admit that i suspected stronghart being the main villain of the games the first time i saw him. But nevertheless they executed the final trial with him nearly perfectly.

    submitted by /u/HonestRelief889
    [link] [comments]

    After playing The Great Ace Attorney I feel very sorry for one character

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 05:02 AM PDT

    Poor Yujin Mikotoba. First, his own wife died at childbirth. Six years later he was delivering a baby of wife of his friend... and she also died at childbirth! I wonder if he has a PTSD when he sees pregnant women...

    submitted by /u/Llanfair4
    [link] [comments]

    QUESTION ABOUT GAA2-3 (⚠️CAUTION: SOME SPOILERS AHEAD⚠️)

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 05:07 PM PDT

    (IT'S ACTUALLY IN GAA2-2, MY MISTAKE!)

    I've always wondered how Selden got hold of the Baskervilles dog collar?

    The obvious answer is that he stole it LOL; the details are rather juicy but I suppose that will remain a mystery... 🤔

    submitted by /u/wonderful_fabulous
    [link] [comments]

    Who are some YouTubers who played the entire Ace Attorney series? (Not only the Trilogy)

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 09:41 AM PDT

    The only one I know is GamingMagic13, but there gotta be more people who played and recorded all (or at least most) games with commentary

    submitted by /u/OwO-tism
    [link] [comments]

    Looking Back on Turnabout Countdown

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 04:14 PM PDT

    Onto the 3DS and back into the mainline series. From what I've seen, this is generally considered a pretty mediocre case, with any rankings above or below this opinion commonly cancelling each other out. Let's see how the courthouse has been doing while we were gone by looking back on Turnabout Countdown.

    History With This Case

    From my most recent memories, I thought this was a bad case, being both a lackluster case on its own and a lackluster beginning to the game due to its utilization of characters and location in the timeline and the game.

    This case will be judged by its characters and trial segments. Character criticism will revolve around the character's personality, role in the story, and their actions throughout the case. Trial segment criticism will revolve around the enjoyability of the cross examinations, and quality of the story being told during that segment.

    Court is now in session for the trial of Turnabout Countdown.

    Characters

    Athena Cykes

    Athena's great. While her personality wasn't as prominent as Apollo's in 4-1, the case did a good job introducing her emotion emphasizing traits and how she differs from Phoenix and Apollo. While I didn't find her relationship with Junie to be that interesting, I like how she takes over for Apollo to defend Junie despite her inexperience. And while I feel she didn't offer much in the latter half of the case, her Mood Matrix is really cool and useful, and her breakdown in the beginning does a fantastic job introducing her trauma and developing her more emotion-focused character. She's my favorite character in this case.

    Apollo Justice

    Apollo's good. There wasn't enough time to showcase his personality, but his role as a victim in the case was pretty cool, and while characters being mostly mysterious hasn't always worked for me, I think the mystery behind his bandages and jacket mostly works here as the references to them aren't that distracting, and the mystery doesn't define his character up until the end.

    Juniper Woods

    Junie's okay. Her personality and her relationships with Athena and Apollo didn't interest me that much, and she felt like she was included just to be a defendant, which I guess she's successful at.

    Gaspen Payne

    Gaspen's good. Similar to Junie, his personality and role and impact on the story didn't interest me much, but he could have his moments like when Athena humiliates him and when he runs away during Ted's bomb threat.

    Judge of the 3rd dimension

    The Judge is okay. I feel he returned to his stock "normal judge" character from 1-1 and 2-1, with any of his good moments basically being him repeating someone else or continuing some else's joke.

    Ted Tonate

    Ted's okay. His text-to-speech and bomb disarming gimmicks weren't that interesting, and while his threat to blow up the courtroom was cool, I wish his motive could've been deduced rather than explained after he was declared the culprit.

    Candice Arme

    She dead.

    Phoenix Wright

    Phoenix is good. Much like a lot of the cast, I don't find his personality to be that interesting, and there are a couple times where he feels less experienced than his PW self, even when considering his years outside of the courthouse, but I really enjoyed how he was reintroduced into the case, and the scene where he calls Ted's bluff when threatening to bomb everyone by using evidence to explain why he's bluffing is fantastic.

    Phony Phanty & Bum Rap Rhiny

    I can't believe they turned the law into marketable plushies.

    Overall

    This is an alright cast. While a majority of the characters are good, almost everyone suffered from a lack of impactful events and just decent personalities, which is part of why my favorite character in this case is Athena, as she has an interesting personality and a unique, enjoyable impact the story.

    Trial - Day 1

    Cross Examinations

    These are meh cross examinations. While I feel it has a good foundation, and I really enjoyed the Mood Matrix section, I feel the tutorials and gaps in gameplay were too overwhelming considering there are only two cross examinations.

    Story

    This is a great opening chapter. The anime cutscenes, while a pretty major change in pace, do a fantastic job introducing the main cast and setting the stage, and while I felt a little too much time was devoted to unnecessary details than the first four games, the revelations are still solid, having a rookie attorney start the case is a great way to justify a tutorial, Athena's breakdown and Phoenix return are both cool, and I like the cliffhanger.

    Overall

    This is an alright opening segment. While I feel this is a mostly successful foundation for the return to the traditional AA style, there's a similar issue to AAI2 where there feels like an unbalanced focus on story vs gameplay, which isn't a good sign considering previous opening cases never really had this issue.

    Trial - Day 2

    Cross Examinations

    These are perfect cross examinations. After how barren of gameplay the last segment was, this segment managed to remain consistently fun and engaging the entire time.

    Story

    This is a great final chapter. The revelations feel more impactful than the last segment, and while the ending wasn't as interesting as the previous moments with Apollo, and I feel it would've been beneficial to learn about Ted's motive during the case, Phoenix using evidence to break through Ted's bomb threats was really cool.

    Overall

    A fantastic final segment. While the story managed to maintain the same quality as before, the gameplay got a massive boost in quantity and quality, leading to an ending I found to be on par with most opening cases.

    How I Would Improve

    If I were to try and improve this case while retaining most of its original identity, I would make two changes.

    1. I would give the cast more interesting personalities. While Athena has a likeable personality, and Apollo's mysterious side works for the most part, a majority of the cast just feels like they're here to fill their respective roles, only getting one or two memorable moments or traits, if any.

    2. I would shorten the script in the first segment. This was a reoccurring issue in AAI2 for me, where it felt like the story overtook the gameplay in an overbearing manner, and the same is true here. Trials in the GBA/DS era felt like they got to the point a lot faster, with far less dialogue in between cross examinations, with some of these segments being shorter than this one even when they have more cross examinations.

    I feel the second segment did a great job matching the quicker pace of traditional trial segments, and I wish the first segment could've matched that pace, either by including more player input or decreasing the time between cross examinations.

    Final Verdict

    This is a good case. I would say its biggest flaw is how it handles the cast, because while none of the characters are bad, they don't have much to offer to the case outside of an occasional fun moment or a strong character event. But I still think this case is a worthy beginning to the game thanks to its consistently strong story and consistently improving gameplay, both of these aspects I'm surprised managed to hold up so well after how much I remembered disliking them. While my opinion on the cast has remained the same with this replay, everything else has changed for the better, and while it's not as strong as recent opening cases, I think it's a still a more successful opening than 1-1 and 2-1.

    7.2321428572/10, it's going between I-3 and 4-4.

    Case Rankings

    4-1 (9.4583333334/10)

    1-4 (9.275/10)

    3-4 (9.1428571429/10)

    3-5 (9.0714285715/10)

    2-4 (9.0479166667/10)

    I2-5 (8.9131578948/10)

    3-1 (8.7916666667/10)

    I-5 (8.6818181818/10)

    I-1 (8.625/10)

    I2-1 (8.625/10)

    2-2 (8.4166666667/10)

    3-2 (8.3833333334/10)

    1-3 (8.2916666667/10)

    1-5 (8.2/10)

    I-4 (8.1875/10)

    I2-3 (8.1507936508/10)

    I2-2 (8.0865384616/10)

    I2-4 (8.0833333333/10)

    4-2 (7.9423076923/10)

    1-2 (7.825/10)

    4-3 (7.6/10)

    I-2 (7.5833333334/10)

    2-3 (7.575/10)

    I-3 (7.5/10)

    5-1 (7.2321428572/10)

    4-4 (6.9642857143/10)

    1-1 (6.8333333334/10)

    3-3 (6.4416666667/10)

    2-1 (6.2321428572/10)

    Previous (I2-5)

    submitted by /u/KaleBennett
    [link] [comments]

    Which character is probably, morally speaking, the worst?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 12:52 PM PDT

    Which character, throughout all games, is probably the most morally unhinged? (This applies to all AA games.)

    submitted by /u/Moho_braccatus
    [link] [comments]

    For Smash #29: Phoenix Wright from Ace Attorney - Moveset/Character Design

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 02:28 PM PDT

    What are your least favorite animations?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 06:10 PM PDT

    I feel like I've seen a lot of discussion about the lengthiness of some animations in TGAA/DGS, and while replaying SoJ, I've found a few I'm not crazy about. I was thinking of making this both favorite and least favorite, but there are so many. So let's start with the ones you don't like.

    My least favorite is one I don't really see mentioned: Nahyuta Sahdmadi's clap. Please tell me why it's so LOUD. I have to turn down my volume JUST for that.

    I also am not a huge fan of Andistan'dhin's songs. It got old really fast.

    Not exactly an animation, but I hate when the gallery chants things repeatedly. This was especially noticeable in SoJ and PLvAA.

    Please use spoiler tags if necessary! I look forward to seeing what everyone else thinks.

    submitted by /u/LonelyJazzCupcake
    [link] [comments]

    If any of you haven’t heard the orchestral version of this song yet, GET READY TO ASCEND

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 11:49 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment