• Breaking News

    Saturday, March 7, 2020

    Ace Attorney Got my keychain in the mail, now this sassy little man watches me as I do my work

    Ace Attorney Got my keychain in the mail, now this sassy little man watches me as I do my work


    Got my keychain in the mail, now this sassy little man watches me as I do my work

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 06:09 PM PST

    My Mystic Maya came in the mail! ✨��✨

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 07:24 AM PST

    Any further questions?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 09:01 AM PST

    isn’t she adorable???

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 08:15 PM PST

    �� QUEEN��

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 06:48 PM PST

    Buzz Lightyear groovy looking.

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 09:47 PM PST

    Edgeworth society

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 07:41 PM PST

    what are characters you think are unfairly hated

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 07:51 PM PST

    for me number one is richard wellington, he's an ICON, his look is on point and doesn't get enough credit for bludgeoning Phoenix with a fire extinguisher before the case, truly the smartest villain in the series

    also brushel, "Funny Character Gets Shafted By Dividing Design," quote end quote

    and wocky, he sucks but i think he's cute so

    submitted by /u/twinkbeef
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone else think Blackquill could genuinely pass off as a Castlevania character?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 09:07 AM PST

    Organized list of every witness in the Ace Attorney main series games based on number of trial days they've had at least one testimony

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 10:05 AM PST

    What would happen if Phoenix,Apollo,Athena all used their respected mechanics all on one person at the same time?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 03:25 PM PST

    Most heinous crime in the entire series? *Spoilers*

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 12:15 PM PST

    Which crime in the series was easily the darkest, heinous, despicably, and depressing that caused so much suffering and impact? Ace Attorney has been about who the victim is and what will happen if he or she dies. It's not like the usurpation of Ga'ran and enacting the DC act was any better than putting the Kingdom into a despotic, blackmail ruled Kingdom ran by a corrupt oligarchy. I'm talking about how the writers use the "DL-6" trope again but this time affecting Apollo & Athena with it being more overt. Being able to showcase it more due to the advancement of technology, such as "Turnabout for Tomorrow" and "Turnabout Revolution" with the former being dark and the latter being too emotional. What do you think?

    submitted by /u/CamperorLOL
    [link] [comments]

    Ace Attorney games I've played/watched ranked/hopes on what might happen in the future of Ace Attorney (Spoilers ahead, don't read if you don't want to see them! The flair might not be working right, so don't take any chances!)

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 04:44 PM PST

    (I'm on mobile, so I'm sorry for any errors.)

    Hello, people of the Ace Attorney community,

    First of all, I just wanted to say that the journey through the Ace Attorney series has been a blast. I finished almost all the games available in America, and I'm looking forward to the next game (spinoff or not), whenever it finally comes out.

    But enough of that, let's get into the real reason I wanted to make this post. First, I'm ranking the entire Ace Attorney series that I've watched/played, whether it has spinoffs or main series games. However, fighting games that include Ace Attorney references (such as Project X Zone 2 or Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3) will not be included. Oh, and I dislike NONE of the games, there are just some I prefer over others. Spinoff games will be counted as one entry, whether it is a series or not. It's only fitting that this be done.

    After the ranking is done, I'll talk about what I want Capcom to do with their future games, whether it's more crossovers or main story based games.

    And finally, I would rather NOT have to say this, but it needs to be said anyway, since there are CLEARLY people in the world who don't follow this (not specifically in the subreddit, but in general). If you disagree with me, that's just fine. However, if you want to discuss it, please do so in a CIVILIZED and NONVIOLENT manner. (In other words, please keep your hatred of anyone to yourself.)

    Time to gather my evidence and prepare for your objections, because without further ado, court is now in session!

    9). Professor Layton VS Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

    Okay, this is a crossover game exclusive to the Nintendo 3DS. It features combining the puzzle-solving aspect of Professor Layton with the courtroom aspect of Ace Attorney. This is on the lowest tier because of a few reasons. One: I never heard of Professor Layton before this game; and two: when I watched the playthroughs, I wasn't too fond of the English voices. In fact, I really wish there was a Japanese voice language option, like in the newer remake of the original trilogy, when it released. At least then I could see if that option's voices were any better. That's pretty much the main reason why it's the lowest. I don't dislike the game, I just thought it could be better.

    8). Dai Gyakuten Saiban: The Adventures of Naruhodo Ryuunosuke/Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2: The Resolve of Naruhodo Ryuunosuke

    Oh boy, these games. I decided to count them together because it seems more fitting to me. I don't hate them, but because they are on the second-to-lowest tier, I might be hit with hate for putting them there. Basically, this series is a Japanese-exclusive spinoff duology of games that takes place in Victorian London/Meiji Era Japan, and follows Phoenix Wright's ancestor, Ryuunosuke Naruhodo (or Naruhodo Ryuunosuke in Japanese name style), while you also play as his assistant, Susato Mikotoba (Mikotoba Susato in Japanese name style). The reason it's so low is because of me not knowing too much about these games, due to the issues of copyright (Sherlock Holmes is in the games), western audience approval, and even cultural differences preventing the games from being released outside of Japan. But I can appreciate the games for what they are: a way for people to learn about Japanese/British history and appreciate the influence it had on society today. That's why it's ranked higher than PLvsAA.

    7). Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Justice For All

    This game was pretty amazing, but not as amazing as the next of the series in this list. The reason I put it so low was because of a few reasons: one, it was so hard to get used to the new music compared to the first game; two, the cases were a bit lacking in flavor in my opinion, other than the last case. That case is one of my all-time favorites in the entire series. If it weren't for the last case, I would probably lower the ranking on it.

    6). Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney

    Okay, just getting this out there: I don't think Apollo Justice was that bad. In fact, in my opinion, it doesn't really deserve all the hate it's gotten. To be honest, I really don't know why it got this much hate in the first place. The game was pretty amazing in my eyes. For one thing, you meet Apollo Justice (who, in later games, develops a lot as a character) for the first time, and he's probably my second-favorite lawyer I've ever played as in the Ace Attorney games. Is this a complex game? Yes. But does it really deserve all the hate? In my opinion, no.

    5). Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials & Tribulations

    Trials & Tribulations gets ranked higher than Apollo Justice because of several more reasons: one, you get to play as not just two, but THREE different lawyers in the series for the first time; two, the game explores more backstory on Phoenix and Mia, making it even better; and three, the Cornered theme FINALLY returns, making the finale so satisfying. However, there are a few parts of the game that didn't sit right with me. I won't name them here, but you can probably guess what they were.

    4). Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth/Gyakuten Kenji 2

    Okay, this duology of games is the best (or, as the pun goes, "Debeste") of the Ace Attorney spinoffs in my opinion. The music was amazing, the cases were great, and you even get to play as Gregory Edgeworth in the second game, which was pretty awesome. However, it won't beat the next three games, which I think are masterpieces.

    3). Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies

    This is another game that was hated by many fans when, in my opinion, it didn't really deserve it. For one thing, I got to play as another lawyer in this game, making the number of playable attorneys in the entire series total out to EIGHT. That's not even counting Maya Fey, who I briefly got to play as in JFA. Athena Cykes was also really amazing as a character; she's been through a lot, but managed to pull through all the way to the end thanks to her friends. Dual Destinies was amazing, but it's just unable to top the second-to-last entry. And I bet you all know which game I'm talking about...

    2). Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

    The one that started it all. PWAA got me into the Ace Attorney series for the first time. However, I didn't know about it until I played a Flash game known as "Escaping the Prison" (which is getting a remake this summer in the form of the Henry Stickmin Collection). I loved the first Ace Attorney game for its great story and amazing characters. From the mysteries, to the music, to the satisfaction of taking down the bad guy. However, it can never beat this last entry...

    1). Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Spirit of Justice

    Yup, this entry is my most favorite out of all the titles in the series. I loved the way Apollo Justice got so much character development, and even got his own law firm in another country! This game also showed some amazing plot twists, such as a presumed villain turning out to be a great supporting character. This game has everything it needs to be an amazing Ace Attorney game needs, and I'm more than proud to declare SOJ guilty of being my favorite game in the series.

    Now, on to what I want to see next in the Ace Attorney series. I would really love to see a crossover between Ace Attorney and another game called Danganronpa. I know, I know, some of you might think there's something wrong with me because that game is too dark, but I assure you, Ace Attorney has gone dark in previous games as well. For those who have no idea what Danganronpa is, there are lots of sources on YouTube, Fandom, and even Reddit. You can look it up if you really want to. Danganronpa is pretty good in my eyes. It emphasizes hope and despair very well.

    As for story development, I would also love to see more development on Athena Cykes. She hasn't gotten too much, but she still deserves more, to be honest.

    And with that, I rest my case. I hope this series continues its legacy with its 20th anniversary next year, and I hope to see it through to the end!

    Until the next game, court is officially adjourned.

    submitted by /u/DawCrap1989
    [link] [comments]

    Is Northward, Turnabout Express Canon

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 08:25 PM PST

    Since it is in the manga, I was wondering if its canon or not. It seems kinda interesting but I wanna know whether or not to accept it as canon

    submitted by /u/ASpellforProtection
    [link] [comments]

    [spoilers] question about the ending of SoJ

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 08:09 PM PST

    Why does Nahyuta become king? There's so much with this plot point I don't get. Ga'aran couldn't be queen because she had no spiritual powers, so why is Nahyuta any better? And why wouldn't it go back to Amara? She seems more qualified in every way, and everyone knows she's alive now. Even if it didn't go to her, they still have Rayfa. Even Rayfa is more qualified for the position than Nahyuta, so just why? This has never made sense to me.

    submitted by /u/AJS923
    [link] [comments]

    Can I skip straight from the original trilogy to spirit of justice or should I play Dual Destinies and Apollo Justice first to fully enjoy the story?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 01:07 PM PST

    Will I miss to much essential story stuff, or are the games contained enough to serve as individual stories. Asking because Spirit of Justice is on sale in the Nintendo E-shop. I still intend to play Apollo Justice and Dual Destinies, but I want to wait for a sale since they're regularly on sale.

    submitted by /u/joost013
    [link] [comments]

    If found this weird error in Conflict of Interest, guess it's a coding error?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 01:13 PM PST

    How Would You Improve Mike Meekins?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 02:35 PM PST

    submitted by /u/ASpellforProtection
    [link] [comments]

    Ace Attorney Trilogy (Steam) or the DS games

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 08:16 AM PST

    Which one should i play? I have the DS games on my brother's 3DS, but i wonder if i should buy the trilogy to play it on a big monitor. Is it better or worse than DS version? Which one do you prefer?

    submitted by /u/ChuhChu
    [link] [comments]

    Something good in Turnabout serenade

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 06:42 AM PST

    Daryan is incredibly fun to take down

    submitted by /u/Monstrous-Turnabout
    [link] [comments]

    I have an issue with Mayas SoJ model, anyone else?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 12:57 PM PST

    The SoJ model just looks kinda off, I wish I knew what it was. I think it's the lips, maybe the eyes, just something about the face looks incredibly wrong. Maybe I just hate change, I dunno. I just kinda have an issue with it, what are everyone's thoughts?

    submitted by /u/Zeldris_Percy
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment