• Breaking News

    Monday, March 9, 2020

    Ace Attorney Apollo is my favourite AA character, so I made a drawing of him

    Ace Attorney Apollo is my favourite AA character, so I made a drawing of him


    Apollo is my favourite AA character, so I made a drawing of him

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 01:18 PM PDT

    Phoenix Wright Colour Palette by me!

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 01:56 PM PDT

    Pearl Fey Colour Palette by me!

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 01:56 PM PDT

    Analytical tier list across the series based on whether or not their name is “Richard Wellington”

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 08:06 AM PDT

    Trucy Wright Colour Palette by me!

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 01:55 PM PDT

    Apollo Justice Colour Palette by me!

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 01:54 PM PDT

    AI: The Somnium Files is a great game

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 08:24 PM PDT

    Nick, this is not a burger... (Friend let me try out her Maya today~ )

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 01:41 PM PDT

    IDK why but I've always loved this exchange. So bluntly & straightforwardly hateful.

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 08:19 PM PDT

    Being able to present people’s profiles is an underrated aspect of ace attorney

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 03:55 PM PDT

    Replaying the older ace attorney games, I realized how fun it can be just having the option to present profiles.

    I always loved presenting random people to someone and see if they get a reaction. It can be funny like when you present gumshoe his own profile and him making gags about it. I like anticipating what characters would say when I show them a random profile. Maybe they love them, maybe they hate them?

    Another aspect is that it adds a layer of complexity that the future games like SOJ and DD doesn't where you actually have to present profiles to get information or to get the game going along. It made the game less linear. I felt like sometimes I wasn't sure if I could break a psyche lock or if I needed for evidence when in reality I needed to present a profile which adds some good challenge to investigations.

    In court some objections require you to present a profile which requires more thinking and consideration. It can prevent the whole, present all the evidence until something works strategy.

    Overall, I say definitely add this aspect to the newer games should more come out because its an underrated aspect of the game that makes it more challenging and fun

    submitted by /u/liluzi699
    [link] [comments]

    About the end of the trial

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 10:41 PM PDT

    I was stuck on Vasquez's motive for a long time until I realized that there was no evidence that proved her motive. The incident of five years ago, as is explained during the trial, was the dirt that Vasquez had on Hammer. Imo, the photo is evidence of the grudge that Hammer held against Vasquez, meaning she killed in self-defense from his aggression. Or, the photo of Hammer waiting outside of Studio 2 from Cody's camera could be used to say that Hammer was plotting to assassinate Vasquez.

    Things like that were convincing enough to believe that there was SOMETHING that could point to her, and it didn't help that the game didn't really give any hints that none of the clues were applicable. Regardless, this trial blew everything previous out of the water. I've played the Danganronpa titles, and one thing this series does better (imo) is turning a simple case into a complex, interesting one without any plot twists you couldn't have predicted before (*cough* V2 Trial 2 *cough*).

    Looking forward to chapter 4.

    submitted by /u/TheKiraOfJustice
    [link] [comments]

    Got bored decided to make lyrics to Sprit of Justice's logo. (Forgive me, im definitely no singer.)

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 04:17 PM PDT

    OBJECTION!

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 08:30 PM PDT

    Which hitherto-unseen defense/prosecution pairing would you like to see explored?

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 11:16 PM PDT

    I'm only up to AJ so that's where this table stops, those who know more about DD and SoJ feel free to chip in:

    Manfred von Karma Miles Edgeworth Winston Payne Franziska von Karma Godot Klavier Gavin
    Marvin Grossberg
    Robert Hammond 💀 💀 💀
    Gregory Edgeworth 💀 💀 💀 💀
    Diego Armando lmao
    Mia Fey 💀 💀 💀
    Phoenix Wright
    Kristoph Gavin
    Apollo Justice 💀

    ✅ = have faced off in court before, either on-screen or alluded to at this point

    💀 = one or the other died before they could conceivably met in court

    ⛔ = was not a defense attorney, nor in a position to become one before meeting prosecutor in court

    ❔ = unclear if they were practicing law by this point

    • Marvin Grossberg is old enough to have participated in every case before and during the timeframe of the trilogy, but we never see him defend anyboy (he chickened out of 1-2, most memorably.)
    • Robert Hammond got Yanni Yogi off during the DL-6 incident and dies in 1-4 but it's never specified for how long he practiced law in between, hence all the question marks
    • Gregory Edgeworth canonically faced off only against Manfred von Karma, who killed him shortly afterwards; he and Winston are roughly the same age so it's plausible their careers overlapped significantly, but there's no hard evidence.
    • Diego Armando/Godot is known to have been active since Mia's first case so that puts him in the same timeframe as Marvin up until his fatal cup of coffee, after which he never returned to the defense side.
    • Mia Fey faced off against a young Miles Edgeworth in their first trials, and against Winston when she finally nailed Dahlia to the wall, with her untimely death in 1-2 preventing her from interacting with the other prosecutors besides Manfred.
    • [Edit: Phoenix Wright's faced off against all of them.]
    • Kristoph Gavin is an associate of Phoenix Wright starting shortly after T&T so his career would definitely overlap with Miles and Winston; he presumably did start a couple of years before that so he might have interacted with Manfred, Franziska and Godot beforehand.
    • Apollo Justice, in all his time as a defense attorney never directly faced off against Miles in court; Franziska was helping INTERPOL for a while as seen in AAI2 but by the time of AJ she theoretically could have returned to the prosecutor's office.
    submitted by /u/al_fletcher
    [link] [comments]

    Saw this and couldn’t help but think of Apollo and Trucy

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 06:35 PM PDT

    if anyone else also wants to get a AAI2 poster :3

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 06:16 AM PDT

    tHe stAtUE WAs moVEd WItH rOtArY mOtIoN

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 05:42 PM PDT

    HOW THE FUCK WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW THAT

    submitted by /u/BruhFunny69
    [link] [comments]

    Was/is this character evil? [Spoilers for original trilogy]

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 05:52 PM PDT

    Miles Edgeworth.

    I'm currently replaying the games (on 1-4 rn), and one thing I'm having trouble figuring out is whether or not Miles Edgeworth is supposed to be a good guy. I mean he's portrayed in a heroic light in the second half of game 1 (he helps solve the Samurai murder case), and he is the main protagonist of the Investigations games, so he definitely isn't evil throughout the whole series.

    But there are a bunch of lines in the first game that strongly suggest he is corrupt or at the very least used to be corrupt. He's described as ruthless and willing to do anything to get a "Guilty" verdict. For example, there is this rather damning line from 1-4:

    Edgeworth Hmph. You don't understand. I mean he'll really do anything. Manfred von Karma is a man to be feared.

    Phoenix: (That's quite a claim coming from someone who forges evidence...)

    Or this one from 1-2:

    Edgeworth: He told me that whatever Mr. White says today, it will be the "absolute truth." No matter how you try to attack his testimony... If I raise an objection, I have it on good faith that the judge will listen to me.

    Phoenix: (What, does White have the judge in his pocket, too!?) So... you're saying I'm going to be guilty. End of story?

    Edgeworth: ... I will do anything to get my verdict, Mr. Wright. Anything.

    I'm not sure if they tried to subtly retcon this or if he was formerly evil and turned a new leaf. Was Edgeworth a corrupt bastard who didn't care about sentencing innocent people and changed upon meeting Phoenix? Or, by pure coincidence, was every person Edgeworth ever convicted actually guilty and Phoenix's clients happened to be the very first innocent ones Edgeworth ever prosecuted?

    submitted by /u/ShiningConcepts
    [link] [comments]

    My Trilogy Tier List. Roast me and my opinions that I likely can't defend.

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 09:45 AM PDT

    [AA4/5/6 SPOILERS] What are you hoping the resolution of this plot point will be?

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 10:27 PM PDT

    I'm talking about the Lamiroir subplot. Everyone is so excited about this being resolved in the next game, about how she is the mother and trucy is Apollo's sister. But what makes it exciting I don't get it. How would you react if you find out your bestest friend is actually your sister? Sure at first you'll be like no way lol but in the end it doesn't change anything. So my question is, why are the creators making this to be such a big deal, to the point Lamiroir and Phoenix are putting off telling them?

    submitted by /u/rbetterthanme
    [link] [comments]

    Just Finished Apollo Justice...

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 04:36 PM PDT

    What a brilliant game! I didn't expect I would love it so much, Turnabout Succession was absolutely amazing!! Every twist and turn was shocking but so clear in hindsight! The characters were memorable and that witness breakdown was one of the best! What a great game, I can see why it's so beloved now!

    I'm almost afraid to play the next two games now since I'm scared I'll be let down lol but I love this franchise too much not to try them out. But first, time to play the Investigations games!! Thanks to the talented teams who made these games and to this subreddit for helping spark my interest in the series again!

    submitted by /u/y0miel
    [link] [comments]

    I was curious.

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 04:44 PM PDT

    Bit of an odd question, but about the sprites in the games, do you imagine that the darker bits are shadows and the lighter bits are normally colored or the darker bits are normally colored and the lighter bits are highlights?

    submitted by /u/Tristan_Dean_Foss
    [link] [comments]

    Khura'inism and Christianity?

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 12:33 PM PDT

    Here, there's written that "Khura'inism shares some similarities with Christianity". https://aceattorney.fandom.com/wiki/Holy_Mother

    What are these simmilarities, exactly?

    submitted by /u/CIVILIXXXX2
    [link] [comments]

    The Password in Conflict of Interest (Case 3 Spoilers)

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 10:18 AM PDT

    At one point in CoI, you need to write down Cody/Webb's password to hack into his account but the thing is that I can't figure out what it is.

    It's not said in the walk through and I can't find any other posts about this, can someone help me?

    Edit: Okay I found it but since I know other people will want to know it in the future, I'll say this now.

    The password is ''Mask3d_n00b'' and the user is Bad Player (Webb)

    submitted by /u/PowerOfL
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment