• Breaking News

    Friday, February 28, 2020

    Ace Attorney Spent way too long thinking about something this dumb

    Ace Attorney Spent way too long thinking about something this dumb


    Spent way too long thinking about something this dumb

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 08:06 AM PST

    I'm on my first playthrough of AAI2, this is gonna be fun. (Please no spoiler in comments)

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 05:13 AM PST

    Inspired by the female version of this from earlier

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 10:37 AM PST

    gumshoe sketchdump because the fact that i haven’t drawn a lot of gumshoe is quite frankly a fucking crime

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 03:02 PM PST

    She updated the autopsy report... ON FREAKING EDGEWORTH !

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 10:53 AM PST

    w*f phoneix no the party rockers didnt do anything wrong ����

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 07:32 PM PST

    bro you just posted gumshoe you are going to gain subscriber

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 10:01 AM PST

    Are there any good discussion posts about Edgeworth and Franziska's childhood?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 08:12 PM PST

    I was originally going to start a discussion of my own, but then I thought, "Well, jeez, there's probably a few out there already." Mainly just want to know what and how people think Von Karma had an effect on their adult lives through his parenting. Feel free to leave your own head canons here, too!

    submitted by /u/GangsterInABakery
    [link] [comments]

    Which cases blew your mind when you first played them?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 02:41 PM PST

    For me, there are five cases that come to mind:

    6-3 - Everything about the ending. The way you have a massive revelation after just a small piece of information makes everything come together perfectly. And that cutscene. Just, wow.

    6-5 - Dhurke's death and the flashback. One of the most effective emotional moments in the series.

    3-5 - Presenting Godot's profile, Mia and Phoenix dual-objection and Pursuit 2001. Need I say more?

    I2-5 - While the ending confrontation is amazing, I wouldn't say it blew my mind. But the conclusion to Sebastian's arc and the courtroom scene most certainly did.

    DGS2-2 - (major spoilers) Viridian's attempted suicide and how it leads up to the point where you realize she's the culprit is absolutey insane and her motive really brings up a moral dilema the series rarely touches on.

    submitted by /u/whaaatisth
    [link] [comments]

    Found a reupload.

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 05:51 PM PST

    [OC] Ah, the magic of exiting and loading and presenting every single evidence until you're right.

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 01:23 AM PST

    Does anyone else get bothered by the small world syndrome in this games?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 07:22 PM PST

    It's always bothered me how characters are arbitrarily connected to each other and they usually don't even know. It feels so contrived sometimes.

    Example: Imagine being a defense attorney (on your first case) cross examining your cousin you never knew, going against a prosecutor who is chidlhood with your cousin's future boyfriend who will then become your subordinate in half a decade. You are also the daughter of the woman who was involved in the case about the murder your opposing prosecutor's father.

    And AAI2 is all of the above but on steroids. (Through a long chain, you can connected Wendy old bag to Sebastián debeste) I will...mostly forgive AAI2 for this because the game having all of their cases connected made a better narrative despite how much dispension of disbelief you have to give.

    Then there's dual destinies with Blackquill-(Phantom-Ted Tonate-Junie-) Athena-Clay-Apollo thing which I don't think was really necessary. Clay could have been completely separate from Athena and Blackquill. The issue here is mainly how contrived the situation. Phoenix wright offers a girl from Europe a job but is indirectly connected to Wrights apprentice.

    Then came Spirit of Justice with Apollo and Maya having (albeit loose) ties and now I'm wondering what's next.

    Did Athena's mother date Manfred Von Karma at some point, had a child together but the child got kidnapped by Gavin's father and lived in Germany?

    This may be nitpicky but I feel like if characters are going to be connected to each other (directly or indirectly) it shouldn't be so contrived.

    submitted by /u/Comicostar
    [link] [comments]

    Which One-off Ace Attorney Victim(s) (Not from DGS1/2 nor PL vs PW) would you like to know more about?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 08:15 PM PST

    Exclude character that you've met before but died later like Huang or Horace (Characters like Drew Misham are also disqualified as well).

    submitted by /u/Comicostar
    [link] [comments]

    What am I doing

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 10:01 PM PST

    So, I'm not done yet with Case 5 but, Holy Fuck, I'm trying to prove Lana's innocence but by doing so I have revealed that Ema did a very bad 2 years ago. I love and hate this case because it's so good, but man it's so hard to do at times. Also that STUPID JAR, WHY IS IT SO IMPORTANT. I was stuck for days because of that jar and only got through because I saved and just presented everything until the music stopped. So I think I'm almost done, and I'm calling Chief Gant, Ganon from now on because his first and last name put together give Ganon and he's a big scary guy. So I'm off to go prove Ema's Guiltiness. (although I don't want to.)

    submitted by /u/Viridian1452
    [link] [comments]

    A tier list a day keeps the doctor away.

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 07:25 AM PST

    Who would you cast in a Western, live-action Apollo Justice movie?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 08:22 PM PST

    I saw one of these posts done recently for Ace Attorney in general, and if you saw my last meme you'll know that I just finished Apollo Justice, so it's on the brain. Title's self-explanatory: who would you cast in the Apollo Justice movie? Here are some of my picks:

    Timothee Chalamet as Apollo Justice

    Andrew Garfield as Phoenix Wright

    Sadie Sink as Trucy Wright

    Tom Hiddleston as Kristoph Gavin

    Charlie Heaton as Klavier Gavin

    Chloe Bennet as Ema Skye

    submitted by /u/LlamaTheG0AT
    [link] [comments]

    Worst Main (or Major-ish) Character (Besides Nahyuta, please)?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 12:17 PM PST

    By major-ish character, I mean any of the mains (Phoenix, Maya, Pearl, Edgeworth, Gumshoe, Franziska, Mia, Larry, Apollo, Klavier, Trucy, Ema, Athena, Blackquill, Kay, Lang) big bads (Manfred, Kristoph, Godot, Dahlia, Morgan, etc.) or any plot-relevant one-offs who are noticeably popular compared to other important side characters (Iris, Sebastian, Ray, Justine, Rayfa)

    I wanted to know which major-ish character(s) you couldn't bring yourself to like?

    (Please don't pick Nahyuta. I think we can ALL unanimously agree that mistakes were made with him.)

    submitted by /u/AceDemoMuse76
    [link] [comments]

    Case 5 Closed (finally)

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 12:10 AM PST

    I got Ganon, he really went berserk near the end. Honestly this case would be so much better if it was t for that stupid Jar, it's gonna take me a while to get over that. Anyway, this was nice, I love the little fake out ending and the real ending was really nice. It's good to see that Maya is going through with her training. Also damn did Edgeworth retire, if so then don't tell me because I wanna find out but, fuck, he was actually becoming a good character. I would have never solved this case if he didn't bring in some good points. But now Ganon is in jail, I think, and now I think Justice For All is next?

    submitted by /u/Viridian1452
    [link] [comments]

    An idea for future installments

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 08:19 PM PST

    TL;DR - Let the prosecution cross-examine witnesses

    I was thinking about some of AAI/AAI2's criticism and one thing that sprang to mind was that "Edgeworth was basically a defense attorney whenever it was convenient".

    I do understand this sentiment, but I remember when Edgeworth tells Gumshoe in I-1 that he's going to "cross-examine the witness, like in court", and you know what... it is pretty weird that the prosecution never gets to cross-examine witnesses in AA's trials. I mean, prosecutors do cross-examine as well.

    I know this game is meant to satirize/mirror Japan's legal system, but a mechanic that would make the next titles more challenging and bring in a breath of fresh air would be letting prosecutors cross-examine witnesses (for example, a witness called by the defense). Then, as the defense, you have to figure out when to step in and object/counterargument/etc. If you get it right, you weaken the prosecution's case, if you get it wrong you lose HP, and if you just let the prosecution go without saying anything it's a game over.

    What do you think?

    submitted by /u/CompleteWingback
    [link] [comments]

    what the heck? when did this happen?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 09:37 AM PST

    Have Ya'll heard? THESE BARS?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 03:18 PM PST

    I just finished DGS2, what a phenomenal game

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 09:23 AM PST

    What is your favorite Character and Game in the main series?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 08:53 AM PST

    My favorite character is either Apollo Justice or Prosecutor Godot and my favorite game is Trials and Tribulations.

    submitted by /u/ZechariyahIII
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment