• Breaking News

    Thursday, September 19, 2019

    Ace Attorney What's YOUR favorite Ace Attorney game?

    Ace Attorney What's YOUR favorite Ace Attorney game?


    What's YOUR favorite Ace Attorney game?

    Posted: 18 Sep 2019 07:03 AM PDT

    X-Rays

    Posted: 18 Sep 2019 09:01 PM PDT

    Oh no. Incoming

    Posted: 18 Sep 2019 08:53 AM PDT

    Rate this

    Posted: 18 Sep 2019 01:21 PM PDT

    Which culprit did you feel sorry for the most?

    Posted: 18 Sep 2019 01:18 PM PDT

    So I was watching some gameplay of the AA remake on the Switch, the guy had never played it or heard of the series before and seeing his reactions to some plot twists was fun. Once he reached JFA, that got me thinking, which culprit I felt sorry for the most...

    I'm sure as hell it's Mimi Miney for me. A lot of you will probably say Godot, but I'm curious anyway, so let me know!

    submitted by /u/gr4vitycamilla
    [link] [comments]

    Phoenix Wright: Spirit of Justice - Strengths and Weaknesses

    Posted: 18 Sep 2019 01:13 PM PDT

    In the last of this current series of posts I'm doing, I will list what I believe to be a major strength, minor strength, minor weakness and major weakness of each case in each Ace Attorney game (excluding VS and DGS 2 since I haven't played them).

    (note - I obviously believe most cases don't have exactly two strengths and two weaknesses, this is just a fun, brief way of reviewing each case)

    Case 6-1 (The Foreign Turnabout):

    •Major Strength – this case is a really good introduction to the Khura'in legal system.

    •Minor Strength – I really like the pre-trial 'investigation'. It's a cool way to introduce the new environment.

    •Minor Weakness – goes on a bit too long.

    •Major Weakness – honestly, none come to mind. The length of this case is my only real weakness.

    Case 6-2 (The Magical Turnabout):

    •Major Strength – some REALLY good moments for Trucy here. Her dialogue with Apollo and her cross-examination especially come to mind.

    •Minor Strength – Retinz is possibly my favourite non-major antagonist – he's a threat not just to Trucy, but the whole Wright Anything Agency and he had a really solid backstory, plan and breakdown.

    •Minor Weakness – Nahyuta being a better prosecutor would've helped this already amazing case even more.

    •Major Weakness – I didn't like the reveal that 'Bonny' was evil happening during the investigation. It would've been better in the trial in my opinion, and would've come as more of a shock when she 'turns' in the trial.

    Case 6-3 (The Rite of Turnabout):

    •Major Strength – this case is really good in terms of exploring the issues with Khura'in's legal system.

    •Minor Strength – Rayfa and Maya are a great investigative partner and co-counsel respectively.

    •Minor Weakness – Datz is hilarious, but I think he should've had two instead of four testimonies.

    •Major Weakness – I think this case tries to make Tahrust a little too sympathetic at the end – don't get me wrong, I feel bad for him and respect him for his sacrifice, but the fact that he went out of his way to frame not just one, but two murders on an innocent person cannot be overlooked, and there were other ways for him to protect his wife.

    •Extra point – "In my country, suspects are innocent until proven guilty." No, Phoenix… no.

    Case 6-4 (Turnabout Storyteller):

    •Major Strength – having Blackquill as a co-counsel is awesome.

    •Minor Strength – I love how fun this case is, amidst the seriousness and emotional stakes of this game. It's a nice 'breather'.

    •Minor Weakness – Geiru isn't a great culprit.

    •Major Weakness – as much as I loved having Blackquill as a co-counsel, it was completely unnecessary. I really want the writers to fully acknowledge Athena's competence (which she's proven she has time and time again) and have her solve a case on her own.

    Case 6-5 (Turnabout Revolution):

    •Major Strength – this case does wonders for Apollo – I like Phoenix VS Apollo, Apollo's emotional stakes in this case and it gives him a good ending by having him stay in Khura'in to help fix the legal system.

    •Minor Strength – Dhurke is an awesome defendant.

    •Minor Weakness – Datz, despite being in the civil trial, isn't in the lobby after the civil trial then appears in Khura'in without acknowledging it happened at all.

    •Major Weakness – it's dumb that Phoenix and Athena wouldn't tell Apollo about Maya's kidnapping, and Dhurke wouldn't tell Apollo about his death.

    Case 6-DLC (Turnabout Time Traveller):

    •Major Strength – Sorin is a well-written character. I like how they use his anterograde amnesia as a very interesting take on 'time travel'.

    •Minor Strength – I like how nostalgic this case is.

    •Minor Weakness – as much as I love the nostalgia here, I feel it's a little too forced at points.

    •Major Weakness – the lack of new characters makes Pierce way too obvious a culprit. I would've preferred Sorin's parents and/or another Sprocket servant to have a greater role to act as a red herring.

    I feel the Asinine Attorneys are a bit too short and unique to use this format on them, so I'll just say this – I feel Phoenix's one is funnier and has the better ending, I feel Apollo's one has a less confusing build-up to the trial and references several locations and characters of the AA universe well.

    Please remember, these are my opinions :)

    PS - this will be the last of these posts for now. When I play VS and DGS 2, I will comment on them then.

    submitted by /u/9k4_endlesssummer
    [link] [comments]

    Found this

    Posted: 18 Sep 2019 05:18 PM PDT

    https://nintendoeverything.com/tag/motohiro-eshiro/ Give it a read He said they are working on a new title so is it safe to say that the question isn't "if" we get AA7 but "when"?

    submitted by /u/Pizzachan132
    [link] [comments]

    I got bored yesterday so I did a poster sketch for a fanfic I'm writing.

    Posted: 18 Sep 2019 05:05 AM PDT

    Some people sayin the series is dead

    Posted: 18 Sep 2019 04:52 AM PDT

    Is that even possible? Are they even making a new game? We have no clue.

    submitted by /u/Pizzachan132
    [link] [comments]

    Wright Wednesday-Rise from the Ashes Part 4

    Posted: 18 Sep 2019 11:16 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment