• Breaking News

    Tuesday, September 10, 2019

    Ace Attorney Was remembering this show from my childhood and was like...WAIT

    Ace Attorney Was remembering this show from my childhood and was like...WAIT


    Was remembering this show from my childhood and was like...WAIT

    Posted: 09 Sep 2019 09:39 AM PDT

    Ace Attorney's world before Ace Attorney 5 was released

    Posted: 09 Sep 2019 04:07 PM PDT

    Playing AJ, when this put a smile in my face, can you tell me what say here instead of the reference to my country, in the english ver.?

    Posted: 09 Sep 2019 06:52 AM PDT

    Underrated characters

    Posted: 09 Sep 2019 09:48 PM PDT

    Who are some characters that you feel need more attention and why?

    submitted by /u/Ch1cken_S4lt
    [link] [comments]

    Case Discussion & Opinions -- Case 6-1: The Foreign Turnabout

    Posted: 09 Sep 2019 03:22 PM PDT

    The Wright Anything Agency goes international.

    Post your first-time reactions, opinions, complaints, and general thoughts here. How did you feel about the beginning to Ace Attorney's latest main game?

    submitted by /u/JC-DisregardMe
    [link] [comments]

    Every time a main character has seen a corpse

    Posted: 09 Sep 2019 09:37 AM PDT

    This doesn't include Ryu from The Great Ace Attorney since I haven't played DGS2 (goes without saying, but no spoilers for that game in the comments). Also, crime photos don't count, only what the character saw with their own eyes.

    Phoenix Wright:

    1. Doug Swallow (falsely accused of his murder)

    2. Mia Fey (mentor and closest friend at the time. Falsely accused of her murder)

    3. Turner Grey

    4. Misty Fey

    5. Zak Gramarye (falsely accused of his murder)

    6. Constance Courte

    7. Puhray Zeh'lot

    8. Inga Karkhuul Khu'rain

    Mia Fey:

    1. Terry Fawles (watched him commit suicide)

    Apollo Justice:

    1. Romein LeTouse (watched him as he died, hearing his last words)

    2. Rex Kyubi

    3. Manov Mistree

    4. Inga Karkhuul Khura'in

    Athena Cykes:

    1. Metis Cykes (her own mother. Accused of her murder)

    2. Constance Courte

    3. Manov Mistree

    Miles Edgeworth (oh dear):

    1. Gregory Edgeworth (his own father. Miles believed he had killed him for 15 years, indicting himself in court)

    2. Mack Rell

    3. Byrne Faraday

    4. Terry Fawles (watched him as he committed suicide)

    5. Buddy Faith (corpse found in Edgeworth's office)

    6. Akbey Hicks (falsely accused of his murder)

    7. Colin Devorae

    8. Manny Coachen

    9. Ka-Shi Nou

    10. Ethan Rooke

    11. Horace Knightley

    12. Pierre Hoquet / Isaac Dover

    13. Jill Crane

    14. Di-Jun Huang (body double)

    ...Basically, all the protagonists need therapy (especially Edgeworth). Let me know if I forgot any body.

    submitted by /u/galactar7
    [link] [comments]

    Kanye West as Phoenix Wright

    Posted: 09 Sep 2019 08:01 AM PDT

    Miles Edgeworth in a swimsuit [completed]. My first digital drawing ever.

    Posted: 09 Sep 2019 07:24 AM PDT

    Has duel destinies and spirit of justice received physical copies?

    Posted: 10 Sep 2019 12:52 AM PDT

    I want to get these games but would prefer if they had physical copies.

    submitted by /u/SpaceCoyoteTV
    [link] [comments]

    Which character do you hope to NEVER see again?

    Posted: 09 Sep 2019 09:16 AM PDT

    A lot of the time we talk about characters we want to return in AA7 (Gumshoe, Franziska, Kay, Iris, etc.) but which characters, if any, do you hope NEVER to see again?

    (EDIT: the title is supposed to say "characterS". Whoops)

    submitted by /u/AceDemoMuse76
    [link] [comments]

    My theory for Rise from the Ashes.

    Posted: 09 Sep 2019 11:06 AM PDT

    PLEASE NO SPOILERS!!! Don't tell me whether I'm close or not, or if I'm wrong or anything like that. And definitely don't tell me the real ending!!!

    I have no friends to talk about AA with, and my mind is blown over my own theory. I just need to tell someone who'll listen.

    I'm almost done the first Ace Attorney game, and I have to say it's really really good. I'm just doing the last case here now, and I'm pretty sure it's my favourite. I just wanted to share my theory on what the outcome of the case will be, from where I am now. (I just got Officer Marshall called to the stand on the second day of the trial.)

    So my theory is this: from conversations Ema and Lana had earlier in the case, they have some history with Marshall. Looks like they used to be friends. Also, in the SL-9 incident case files, there's a victim called Neil Marshall. I think that Mr. Marshall was family to our Officer Marshall. What I'm thinking is that Detective Goodman was the culprit (EDIT: to the SL-9 incident. As in the real culprit. The other fella was wrongly accused.) and because Starr (and Marshall and Goodman??? can't remember which one of them were also) was investigating SL-9 her/themselve(s), they found out. Marshall killed Goodman because he killed his family member, and Lana and Starr are covering up for him. I don't know why or how there was a body double at the scene of the crime, but my theory for that is that either Goodman was killed in the Evidence room and was moved, or that I'm wrong and that Meekins was the killer (even though he has seemingly no connection to SL-9 and therefore has no motive).

    That is all.

    submitted by /u/Jimger149
    [link] [comments]

    AJ Turnabout Succession Paintings

    Posted: 09 Sep 2019 03:29 PM PDT

    Turnabout succession was a weird case. It had a lot of plot holes, and the only thing that made it interesting was the constant "wtf" moments I had and the ridiculous plottwists.

    It somehow made for a more confusing case than Rise from the Ashes for me.

    I dont know if I missed something about this because of that fact, but can someone remind me why the heck were the sketches under the forged paintings related to Apollo's cases? Vera nor Drew had no knowledge of Apollo before the case.

    submitted by /u/meten_
    [link] [comments]

    Thought it belongs here for some reason ;)

    Posted: 09 Sep 2019 07:34 AM PDT

    Simon in his concept outfit!

    Posted: 09 Sep 2019 07:49 AM PDT

    Ace attorney at Tokyo Game Show

    Posted: 09 Sep 2019 09:59 AM PDT

    So TGS is this week and I definitely think there could be something ace attorney related announced there. Last year they announced Trilogy for modern consoles, so maybe this year we'll get AJ, DD, and SoJ on modern consoles like trilogy. I don't think we'll get a whole new game announced or anything crazy like DGS or I2 localizations. What do you guys think and am I missing anything (has capcom already confirmed or denied ace attorneys presence at TGS)?

    submitted by /u/Wack4
    [link] [comments]

    [SoJ spoiler] Geiru is the worst

    Posted: 09 Sep 2019 09:05 AM PDT

    Why doesn't anyone complain about Geiru? She is the worst villain in the game (as bad as the final case villain): she is obnoxious, her gimmick is vomit inducing (that breakdown) and she is arguably the worst """""sympathetic""""" villain in the whole series overall. Let me compare with other sympathetic villains (JFA spoilers incoming):

    Miney: had to kill Grey to maintain her new identity that enabled her to start a new life without having to worry about the things she did in the past. However, her cover is blown and she has to live the rest of his life as the despicable Mimi Miney that killed so many people. Everyone in the courtroom: oh, that's nasty... anyways good luck in jail.

    Acro: his inmense hatred for Regina ended up having him lose it and try to kill her, accidentaly killing the person that he loved the most in the process and ruining his life forever. Everyone in the courtroom: wow that's not very cool, I guess...

    Geiru: kills her master because he gave the Uendo title to someone else Everyone in the courtroom: OMG WHAT A POOR SOUL. What an INNOCENT little cutesy girl >_<. Don't worry MY SWEETHEART, we ALL make mistakes sometimes <3.

    submitted by /u/praker88
    [link] [comments]

    Athena is Problematic TM

    Posted: 09 Sep 2019 03:52 PM PDT

    Okay, okay. The title is a little dramatic. But am I the only one who finds Athena as a character a little insulting? As a person with a history of mental health issues, I can say firsthand Athena's method of helping people over their issues is just downright nonsensical.

    I think Robin from Turnabout Academy illustrates this point best, so spoilers if you haven't finished that case yet. Basically, Athena drags Robin to the stand because she knows Robin is hiding something. Athena then proceeds to force Robin to undergo therapy, in public, in an unfamiliar space, around a bunch of strangers. And then that somehow works. Within minutes, Robin is cured of her problems, all because Athena pointed out when Robin's emotions didn't match what they were "supposed" to be (I could write a whole other post about how that doesn't make sense, but I'll let it alone).

    It's so painfully obvious that the game's designers didn't really know anything about how therapy works or anything about psychology at all, really. And the worst part is that this problem is so easily fixable: just don't call it therapy. If Athena just said, "I'm going to psychoanalyze you now," or something like that, it would make just as much (or just as little) sense, and wouldn't low-key insult the entire mental health community.

    TL;DR Athena doesn't know what therapy is or how it works, and whoever licensed her as a psychologist is a sham.

    submitted by /u/AvidApathy
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment