• Breaking News

    Tuesday, November 16, 2021

    Ace Attorney I made infamous Manfred in The Sims 4 and I love how his face turned out. Any characters you want me to make ? I'm bored

    Ace Attorney I made infamous Manfred in The Sims 4 and I love how his face turned out. Any characters you want me to make ? I'm bored


    I made infamous Manfred in The Sims 4 and I love how his face turned out. Any characters you want me to make ? I'm bored

    Posted: 15 Nov 2021 02:30 PM PST

    You know who you are

    Posted: 16 Nov 2021 03:14 AM PST

    redraw of one of her sprites (my art)

    Posted: 16 Nov 2021 03:41 AM PST

    Luke Atmey appreciation thread

    Posted: 15 Nov 2021 08:59 PM PST

    I learned how to bespoke tailor a suit for Miles Edgeworth

    Posted: 15 Nov 2021 02:34 PM PST

    Round 20 of the Ace Attorney character elimination contest. Phoenix Wright and Miles Edgeworth have been declared guilty. Wow. Vote the next 2 in the comments one by one.

    Posted: 15 Nov 2021 08:16 AM PST

    More progress on my Athena Gala sprites

    Posted: 15 Nov 2021 10:16 PM PST

    Whats your least favorite culprit breakdown?

    Posted: 15 Nov 2021 06:48 PM PST

    "When something smells..."

    Posted: 15 Nov 2021 04:31 AM PST

    How much context is needed to play The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles?

    Posted: 16 Nov 2021 02:25 AM PST

    From what I've read, there are some scenes in TGAAC that are inside jokes and references to some aspects/scenes in the original trilogy. I am still on Justice for All in the trilogy, however I plan to finish the entire game before playing TGAAC (A friend gave me the game).

    However, do I need to know anything from the other games outside of the trilogy, such as Apollo Justice or Dual Destinies? Maybe even the spin-offs? I am aware of how silly this sounds, but I really care if I'll miss a reference. I hope they only reference the original trilogy cuz i'm already itching to play TGAAC right after. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/citapkblast
    [link] [comments]

    Ace Attorney in the Sims 4 - Part 1 (+3 extra photos)

    Posted: 15 Nov 2021 02:45 PM PST

    How that one Gregson Interaction went (Colorized) [DGS2-4 & 5 Spoilers]

    Posted: 15 Nov 2021 08:24 PM PST

    Where can I watch ace attorney season 2?

    Posted: 16 Nov 2021 12:29 AM PST

    Hey, I just wanted to ask, where can i watch the anime english dub? Season 2 is not on crunchyroll and FUNIMATION is not in my country, any other way?

    submitted by /u/nesteak07
    [link] [comments]

    Ace Attorney Sing-Alongs 2

    Posted: 15 Nov 2021 10:07 PM PST

    Wow, I haven't posted in 2 years about this apparently xDD (here's the original)

    Here's the one I did today:

    God's Country

    And here are the ones from last year I didn't post:

    Among Us Song

    The Real Slim Shady

    You Don't Know Jack - Question Cards

    submitted by /u/lizzourworld8
    [link] [comments]

    Pursuit Poll Round 4: Final Round

    Posted: 15 Nov 2021 05:56 PM PST

    Here it is, r/AceAttorney. The final two Pursuits. Will 2001 beat the competition, as it has been? Or will 2007 triumph? The time is now to cast your vote!

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/shizaaasalad
    [link] [comments]

    Ace Attorney Discord Help

    Posted: 15 Nov 2021 06:55 PM PST

    I'm making a Server about Ace Attorney (If you couldn't tell) and I really need help. I really want to make it about everything the game has to offer, but I'm worried how it may not appeal to everyone in the fandom. If anyone has any advice, I'd love to hear it. (I swear I can be smart at times, just not at this moment)

    submitted by /u/OllieupandFree
    [link] [comments]

    What are your wishes for AA7(or TGAA3) that are unrelated to the story or character?(gameplay, art direction, etc)

    Posted: 15 Nov 2021 04:59 PM PST

    Basically what the title says since mostly of threads like this are people talking about the plot or character development.

    I would like more voice acting and more dark skinned characters

    submitted by /u/Last--Dinosaur
    [link] [comments]

    Looking Back on The Adventure of the Blossoming Attorney

    Posted: 15 Nov 2021 09:38 PM PST

    We're on the final game, with only five more cases until the end, and an unknown amount of time until the next entry. From what I've seen, this is a pretty popular case, and generally considered better than the last game's opening case. Let's prepare ourselves for the beginning of the end by looking back on The Adventure of the Blossoming Attorney.

    History With This Case

    When I first played this case, I thought it was fantastic, being better than every case in the last game by being a more consisteny enjoyable and engaging experience while managing to work great as a beginning to this game and a continuation of the last game.

    This case will be judged by its characters and trial segments. Character criticism will revolve around the character's personality, role in the story, and their actions throughout the case. Trial segment criticism will revolve around the enjoyability of the cross examinations, and quality of the story being told during that segment.

    Court is now in session for the trial of The Adventure of the Blossoming Attorney.

    Characters

    Susato Mikotoba

    Susato's good. I wasn't interested in her personality, and I wasn't really invested in her friendship with Rei, but I like her disguising herself as a man to serve in court, even if me using the alternatives costumes might have ruined the immersion.

    Yujin Mikotoba

    Yujin's great. Like Susato, I wasn't interested in his personality, and neither her public or private interactions with her felt like they accounted for him and her being father and daughter, but I like that he's revealed to be friends with Seishiro and that he let him know Susato was serving, along with how the case addresses him allegedly being sick at the end of G-5.

    Rei Membami

    Rei's okay. As I said before, I wasn't invested in her and Susato's friendship, her fascination for Susato and appearing at the witness stand didn't really do much to make her an interesting or entertaining character to me, and I feel it would've been better to just make Yujin the defendant like Takumi's original idea for the case was. She's my least favorite character in this case.

    Taketsuchi Auchi

    Taketsuchi's great. While I feel his personality wasn't consistently enjoyable, I like seeing him recollect on Ryunosuke's trial and how it changed him as a person, and him sacrificing his topknot after losing another trial was my favorite scene in the case.

    Seishiro Jigoku

    Seishiro's great. While he once again felt like a standard judge during the trial, I really like the reveal of his friendship with Yujin and knowledge of Susato, and the fact he has a name means we're one step closer to making the U.S. Judge's name "Theodore Judge".

    Satoru Hosonaga

    Satoru's okay. Outside of the Mr. Turtle bit, his personality and impact on the story feel the weakest out of all his appearances, and I think case probably would've been better off without him.

    Soseki Natsume

    Soseki's good. Again, his personality felt weak, but I like his connection to Raiten and how he was brought back as a witness when Raiten reveals Soseki saw Jezaille point at the culprit.

    Jezaille Brett

    She dead.

    Raiten Menimemo

    Raiten's fantastic. While he wasn't consistently enjoyable, there's a bit of fun in his journalist mannerisms. I really like that his motive is a reaction to Jezaille getting off the hook in G-1, him being in the case the entire time by Soseki's side was a cool way to have the culprit without calling them in or making them the first witness, and it's cool to see a culprit with a motive based around injustice in the first case rather than being saved for a later case. He's my favorite character in this case.

    Overall

    This is a good cast. While no character had a consistently interesting personality, and the worst characters felt kind of unnecessary, a majority of the cast offer a lot to the case in the form of character development and their impact on the story.

    Trial, Day 1

    Cross Examinations

    These are okay cross examinations. They're not as engaging as I was hoping, but they're better than G-1's opening cross examinations due to an optional tutorial and a slightly quicker-feeling pace.

    Story

    This is a fantastic opening chapter. I wasn't as invested in Rei as a defendant as I was Ryunosuke in G-1, but the revelations feel far more impactful than that case's first segment, seeing Susato disguised as a man in order to serve as a lawyer is cool, and Jezaille being the victim of the case is fantastic.

    Overall

    A really good opening segment. While it's still not on par with the best opening cases' first segments, it's substantially more enjoyable and interesting than G-1's opening.

    Trial, Day 2

    Cross Examinations

    These are good cross examinations. While not that major of an improvement compared to the last segment, they still feel like an improvement as a whole.

    Story

    This is a perfect final chapter. The revelations about the murder are still great, I really like how the ending develops Yujin and Seishiro, Taketsuchi's topknot has the saddest death of all of AA, and I like how the case sets up a second case with Soseki back in London.

    Overall

    A really great final segment. While not as strong of a finale as G-1's, it's a more successful conclusion than most of the cases in the previous game.

    How I Would Improve

    If I were to try and improve this case while retaining most of its original identity, I would make two changes.

    1. I would give the characters more interesting or entertaining personalites. There wasn't one character in this case who I thought had a consistently likeable or interesting personality. The value of these characters came from their actions in the story, and while these actions do make for a few great characters, I feel the ways they try to make characters like Raiten or Rei entertaining or interesting on a base level didn't work for me. I don't think anyone here has a bad personality, but like I've said before, I feel a character's personality is their most important trait, because it's what will get me invested in the character if the events can't justify a lackluster personality.

    2. I would shorten the script or add more gameplay. This is the first case of the duology in which I didn't outright dislike the gameplay in any segment, but the balancing issues of the previous game are still somewhat prevalent here, and I feel it would've been beneficial to shorten some interactions, add more contradictions to point out/evidence to examine, or utilize questioning witnesses not giving testimony in a creative manner like in the last case.

    Final Verdict

    This is a really good case. I do feel like this is a weaker case than G-1, as it is held back by a weaker cast of characters due to their lackluster personalities, and the gameplay as a whole not being as unengaging as G-1's beginning, but not as engaging as G-1's ending. But despite that, I felt this case had a far more engaging story, some great development of characters like Yujin and Seishiro, and the way this case succeeds at being a beginning to this game and a continuation of the last game. So while it's not as strong as the last game's opening case, it did almost manage to overtake it thanks to what it did better.

    7.6875/10, it's going between 6-3 and 4-3.

    Case Rankings

    4-1 (9.4583333334/10)

    1-4 (9.275/10)

    3-4 (9.1428571429/10)

    3-5 (9.0714285715/10)

    2-4 (9.0479166667/10)

    I2-5 (8.9131578948/10)

    6-2 (8.9027777778/10)

    3-1 (8.7916666667/10)

    I-5 (8.6818181818/10)

    I-1 (8.625/10)

    I2-1 (8.625/10)

    5-5 (8.4833333334/10)

    2-2 (8.4166666667/10)

    6-1 (8.4166666667/10)

    3-2 (8.3833333334/10)

    1-3 (8.2916666667/10)

    1-5 (8.2/10)

    I-4 (8.1875/10)

    5-DLC (8.1666666667/10)

    I2-3 (8.1507936508/10)

    I2-2 (8.0865384616/10)

    I2-4 (8.0833333333/10)

    5-2 (8.0625/10)

    4-2 (7.9423076923/10)

    6-DLC (7.8636363637/10)

    1-2 (7.825/10)

    G-1 (7.7833333334/10)

    6-5 (7.7763157895/10)

    G-5 (7.75/10)

    6-3 (7.7/10)

    G2-1 (7.6875/10)

    4-3 (7.6/10)

    I-2 (7.5833333334/10)

    2-3 (7.575/10)

    I-3 (7.5/10)

    5-4 (7.3875/10)

    5-1 (7.2321428572/10)

    4-4 (6.9642857143/10)

    G-2 (6.9166666667/10)

    G-3 (6.84375/10)

    5-3 (6.8333333334/10)

    1-1 (6.8333333334/10)

    6-4 (6.8214285715/10)

    3-3 (6.4416666667/10)

    G-4 (6.3611111111/10)

    2-1 (6.2321428572/10)

    Previous (G-5)

    submitted by /u/KaleBennett
    [link] [comments]

    Ace Attorney Character Surveys (Addendum)

    Posted: 15 Nov 2021 05:21 PM PST

    So I forgot to include a few characters from the original trilogy when I first made my character survey a few days ago which you can find here, I forgot 3 characters from the original trilogy: Frank Sawhit, Marvin Grossberg, and Morgan Fey. To be complete I will post an addendum survey with only those three characters. Sorry for my gross incompetence.

    https://forms.gle/otN4t36T7VmsLW5j7

    submitted by /u/gig9u89th8i9ihhjkh
    [link] [comments]

    anyone else feel like this character gets done dirty in TGAA? (TGAA2 Case 5 spoilers)

    Posted: 15 Nov 2021 05:59 AM PST

    I'm likely just salty because my favorite character didn't get as much attention as I was hoping for, but I really feel like Gina gets the low end of the stick when talking about the main cast of TGAA (if she's even considered a part of it). in TGAA2-4 and 5, she's clearly the one that's the most affected by Gregson's death, and the game does a good job at showing us that. She takes off her hat for the first time ever, she openly sobs in front of others (other adults if you want to be more specific about it), and during the investigation her determination is similar to Gumshoe's in 1-4.

    And yet, I feel like afterwards she was no longer given much to say or do. Gina gets her badge revoked from her and her closest thing to a family doesn't even bother to check up on her or invite her to the large dinner they have at the end of TGAA2-4? Runo and Susato especially saw Gina get completely lambasted by Stronghart and I guess neither of the cared to do much about it. Obviously there was a lot going on in the main narrative at this point already but I really don't think it would have been that hard to add a little more Gina love. After TGAA1-5 I was under the impression that the gang would have a pretty close bond to Gina. I wasn't expecting her to like start living at the house on Baker Street with them or anything but I got the idea that she would become more prominent, or at the very least be there to bounce off the rest of the main cast more often.

    Ultimately she just kind of existed at the end for a joke. "Haha look at Gina still in the dark about who Iris's father is haha". Okay okay okay, she had the sweet scene with Gregson's pocket watch and carrying on his legacy, which admittedly was very touching.

    I think I'm just salty because Kazuma ended up getting a spot in the last picture in the end credits even though I was considerably less fond of him lol. Even in all the game's promotional art, Gina gets overshadowed by characters like... Rei Membami and.. Ashley Greydon. I just wish she was given more attention in general (both in-game and outside of it), especially when considering just how much time we/the main cast gets to spend with her in TGAA-5.

    Any other Gina fans that feel similar?

    submitted by /u/j15cailipan
    [link] [comments]

    The Faraway Turnabout

    Posted: 15 Nov 2021 01:53 PM PST

    ACE ATTORNEY TIER LIST

    Posted: 15 Nov 2021 12:07 PM PST

    PSA: Iris (Trilogy) does not have a last name

    Posted: 15 Nov 2021 03:56 AM PST

    She's not Iris Hawthorne or Iris Fey. She's just Iris.

    submitted by /u/TheWM_
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment