• Breaking News

    Friday, August 7, 2020

    Ace Attorney Finished this old Ema sketch finally! (Link to original in comments)

    Ace Attorney Finished this old Ema sketch finally! (Link to original in comments)


    Finished this old Ema sketch finally! (Link to original in comments)

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 07:56 AM PDT

    Some Ace Attorney ladies

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 01:16 PM PDT

    Top 10 most DEEP Franziska Von Karma quotes of ALL TIME������

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 09:43 PM PDT

    [FA] Screenshot Redraw: Not A Clown

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 08:08 AM PDT

    Favorite Relatively Popular Character?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 09:56 PM PDT

    https://www.strawpoll.me/20731080

    After my stream of negative polls in the past (yeah my least favorite fan-favorite polls), now I thought we'd give some positivity towards our favorite characters.

    submitted by /u/AceDemoMuse76-2
    [link] [comments]

    Quick Mia Fey edits I threw together in PS (Blue, Red, Blonde.)

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 06:34 AM PDT

    Question about turnabout samurai

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 10:00 PM PDT

    Hello, hopefully my question follows the subs rules, but if not thats ok.

    I'm playing ace attorney with my sis and something in turnabout samurai confused me. To anyone with a fresh memory of the trial, how were Sal Manella and Vasquez able to move the body from Studio Two to Studio One, if the Monkey head was blocking the way? We're both mulling over this and are wondering if there was some unclear explanation or if it's a simple inconsistency.

    submitted by /u/goodluigi
    [link] [comments]

    A fun lil' animal crossing Morgan Fey cosplay!

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 07:40 AM PDT

    Edgeworth doesn't know what a breakfast burrito is

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 12:16 PM PDT

    Stuck in the most unconventional part of the game(AA2)

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 07:38 PM PDT

    I was getting to the back when I have to dust for fingerprint of Edgeworth's(near the end of chapter 5) but I can't find the option to blow the powder,help

    submitted by /u/LogicalOcelot
    [link] [comments]

    Turnabout Hotdog

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 11:24 PM PDT

    I think this fan-art deserve a place here too.

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 02:22 PM PDT

    Sorry for the dumb question but...

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 08:31 PM PDT

    I keep reading fanfics that depicts Maya with ESP and like psychic powers. I'm confused, has she ever portrayed such powers and I haven't pick up on it? I'm still in Dual Destinies, so no spoilers please. Just short explanations please...

    submitted by /u/Ella115
    [link] [comments]

    Damn. That some sweet home Alabama right there

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 03:23 AM PDT

    A fanfic idea

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 08:16 PM PDT

    I mean, they're not the main characters. The main characters are done, they're the main focus during the cases and all...

    But just imagine this team:

    A proud prosecutor that can recreate scenes by possessing a 'Lil thief', an intuitive detective that can see people's secret with her magatama and a persuasive attorney that can read people's hearts with psychoanalysis...

    ...maybe the new Yataharasu team? Any thoughts?

    submitted by /u/Ella115
    [link] [comments]

    Which is your favorite one-day case?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 08:27 AM PDT

    i.e cases that have only one day of trial and no investigation.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/timfoil04
    [link] [comments]

    My opinions on Spirit Of Justice (major full-series spoilers)

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 05:57 AM PDT

    I'll preface this by saying I do enjoy Spirit Of Justice quite a fair bit. It was the one (officially localised) Ace Attorney game that actually came out while I was in the fandom and the wait for it followed by my playthrough was immensely fun. I joined the fandom in 2015 and Dual Destinies was my first game, though I've now gone through and played every game in the series (barring DGS2, though I know the entire plot of it but I understand that's not the same as actually experiencing it).

    Anyway, it's been years since it came out and because I've seen various posts discussing how well AAI2 holds up 9 years later (Investigations 2 was my favourite game and I'll defend it till the end of time, though I do understand the criticisms that I've seen of it) I've decided to voice my recent views on Spirit Of Justice after recently looking back at it.

    The game has many high points such as Apollo becoming a relevant character again and I loved how he usurped Phoenix as the main protagonist in the same way Phoenix usurped Apollo in AA4. I also enjoyed Rayfa's development and Blackquill was fantastic as usual. Trucy finally showed emotions too and the Gramarye's were actually acknowledged.

    That being said, the flaws are massive. I've never been too keen on the spirit channeling aspects of the series because I feel it adds just a little too much fantasy to what's a mostly logical series. As such, a whole game about it was never the most appealing to me. I feel that the whole Kingdom Of Khura'in is just too farfetched for the series standards. Why does this normal and futuristic world where we have fully sentient robots working in a space centre suddenly have a magical kingdom of wonder that feels more like it'd be a setting in Avatar: The Last Airbender? I understand that even in our world, there's cultures of various differences and we even have Amazonian tribes that are classed as prehistoric still. However, it just feels like it's completely dissonant from the rest of the series.

    Next, why has it never been mentioned before in Kurain Village? Surely it'd be a massive aspect of their religion, and the Holy Mother and her sister Ihmsan would at least be mentioned?

    I actually feel like the characters are great in this game... But why does Apollo get a new backstory in each game? Sure, Phoenix got an expanded backstory in T&T but it felt natural. Apollo just feels... Tacked on like a retcon of sorts. Dhurke is great and Nahyuta is... Well he feels absolutely awful and I often forget he exists... Which is my next point.

    I completely forgot this game existed for a while, which is odd considering how big it is. Characters like Amara and Nahyuta are amazingly designed in appearance and feel like actual Saints (occasionally) but I completely forget they exist because like most of this game, they just feel tacked onto the series, despite their seemingly massive importance.

    The stakes. The stakes. The. Stakes. Why? I actually liked the high stakes in Dual Destinies because it still felt like Ace Attorney and made sense in the overall narrative. People's lives were on the line but for legitimate reasons, e.g. death row and hostages for a verdict. In SOJ, the stakes are stupidly high. You're gonna die every case. In the last case everyone's gonna die. The Queen is prosecuting and is also the killer and can have you shot on the spot but doesn't because pride or something. It all just feels so stupidly hyped up for the sake of it. Talking of Turnabout Revolution, does anyone know what happened in the second trial? The mystery of Inga's murder was the most convoluted one in the series (in a bad way) and I have no clue what actually happened. My head hurts trying to remember it.

    Overall, I love the game because it's still fun and the Japanifornia cases are honestly great (the civil trial was a blast... In my opinion) but I feel the series peaked at Dual Destinies (DGS1 and DGS2 were amazing too). I really hope we can go back a little in the next game with realism and personal stakes... But don't retcon SOJ because that'd just prove my point that it feels dissonant by detaching it further. I'm bad at conclusions to big posts but this was a blast to write. Please by all means contradict me and "object" to the this if you feel otherwise. I look forward to seeing if people do or don't agree!

    submitted by /u/Exile64
    [link] [comments]

    Best poisoning case poll

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 09:14 AM PDT

    Something's been bothering me about the ladder v stepladder argument: What would Pearl think?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 04:43 PM PDT

    My theory on Nahyuta Sahdmadhi

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 07:25 AM PDT

    Nahyuta refers to cheese as Putrid in a case of Spirit of Justice. My theory as to why he thinks of cheese in such a way is that he is lactose intolerant.

    Nahyuta is Khura'inese, and Khura'in is likely an Asian country, and many countries in Asia have high percentages of lactose intolerance.

    http://www.armenpogharian.com/lactose-intolerance-around-the-world/

    submitted by /u/PinDaGreat
    [link] [comments]

    TIL Phoenix only faces Franziska Von Karma in court twice

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 01:47 AM PDT

    Reunion and Turnabout as well as Turnabout Big Top. She got shot in Farewell my Turnabout. We only facd Franziska 3 times as a player, twice as Phoenix and once as Edgeworth (not including AAI)

    Kinda insane. I thought we faced her tons more times.

    submitted by /u/LMWJ6776
    [link] [comments]

    And instead of backstory we get angry jacket apollo

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 04:41 AM PDT

    S1 Ep13- How'd you guys that the ending of that episode?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 03:33 PM PDT

    Of course, this is for the people that actually watched the anime. I can't remember if Edgeworth's note was actually shown in the game.

    submitted by /u/Twisted_Tiger_Eye
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment