• Breaking News

    Friday, July 3, 2020

    Ace Attorney Minimalistic Lotta Hart

    Ace Attorney Minimalistic Lotta Hart


    Minimalistic Lotta Hart

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 03:39 PM PDT

    Hiding in the tree

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 02:35 AM PDT

    Ace Attorney Live Action Movie listed on Amazon Prime Video for this July in the US

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 11:05 PM PDT

    His not wrong though

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 05:44 PM PDT

    It's Ema/Apollo again (art by saltysniper, on Tumblr)

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 11:35 PM PDT

    [SPOILERS] This has probably been posted a million times but on my second replay I'm again bothered by how phoenix knew Apollo in the Mason System. Someone have any idea?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 06:04 PM PDT

    Ace attorney 5 3ds cover but in English. link to download the cover in the comments (Big thanks to u/Little-Big-Smoke for his assistance in creating the cover)

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 10:03 AM PDT

    So

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 08:13 AM PDT

    I've finally been playing Ace Attorney Investigations and I'm on the last case of the first game - started it about two days ago - and I think I might even finish the second by the end of this week. Now, I fell in love with the game right away and I've been wondering if it's gonna be my new favourite game of the series. I know that the style of gameplay is kinda different from the trilogy - especially because AAI kinda feels more dynamic, with less backtracking and even a bit easier I'd say.

    I really like the Logic mechanic, it makes it feel like your line of thought finally syncs with what's happening in the game while in the games you play as Phoenix it feels as if even if you know what is going on you can't just point it out because of events you gotta trigger before.

    Also the game is beautiful, the animations are great and it feels amazing to actually be able to walk through the scene. The soundtrack also is great, not really with the hype themes from PWAA and T&T, but still very well designed and fits Edgeworth just fine.

    submitted by /u/i_dub_fish
    [link] [comments]

    What do you hope to never see in an ace attorney game ever again?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 03:04 PM PDT

    HELP NEEDED - GAME CRASHING ON LAUNCH - Any ideas?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 09:38 PM PDT

    HELP NEEDED - GAME CRASHING ON LAUNCH - Any ideas?

    Hi Team,

    I bought the Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney Trilogy on Steam a couple of weeks ago but no matter how many times i try to launch it I keep getting these crash messages and I've tried *almost*everything to fix it :(

    Some things I have tried:

    Updating graphics drivers

    Verifying the integrity of my game files

    Uninstalling and reinstalling

    Posting here in the hopes that someone has also experienced this and knows how to fix :)

    *fingers crossed*

    - Zera

    https://preview.redd.it/cawxtuxxmk851.png?width=409&format=png&auto=webp&s=3fe8b04f6fd0fb485a5555c4a94268e1cebb6216

    i bleeped out my name only

    submitted by /u/bluepolarbears
    [link] [comments]

    Which characters could you not bring yourself to like?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 02:11 PM PDT

    Like as the title says, are there any characters you couldn't bring yourself to like?

    By that, I mean we can probably exclude characters that are already considered annoying anyways (Nahyuta, Oldbag, Lotta, Larry, Zak, Meekins, Hotti, Brushel). For the sake of not making this thread repetitive, particularly controversial characters like Godot, Franziska, Klavier, Iris or Justine can probably be excluded as well.

    submitted by /u/AceDemoMuse76-2
    [link] [comments]

    For how long has Bluecorp existed?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 09:49 AM PDT

    In 1-2, White claims that "[i]n just 10 years, I've built this business up…," but Grossberg says later that day that he's been paying Bluecorp for 15 years.

    submitted by /u/ProcureTheReceptacle
    [link] [comments]

    Here is a fan art of Godot

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 01:08 AM PDT

    Happy Narumitsu week everyone

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 08:40 AM PDT

    What type of father do you guys think Manfred von Karma was?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 11:03 AM PDT

    Strange question, I know, but AAI2-3 really made me think about what the von Karma household was like. I was kind of joking to myself that von Karma was probably a horrible father when he said something that caught my eye.

    When Gregory Edgeworth was suggesting that Dover had to have baked his dessert with Gustavia because his desert tasted too good to be an amateur's, von Karma says something along the lines of "my wife is an amateur cook, but her food has world class taste".

    That's only comment we get on his wife, but it seemed kind of endearing to me. Plus, Franziska seems to have genuinely always looked up to her father, also implying multiple times throughout the game that having to accept your father has done terrible things is hard. I mean AAI2 shows that just because you look up to your father doesn't mean he cares about you (looking at Blaise Debeste), but it got me thinking.

    I'm sure he was incredibly strict, but maybe he wasn't as bad of a father and husband as I assumed lol. What do y'all think?

    submitted by /u/xZealHakune
    [link] [comments]

    Dual Destinies: Android vs 3DS

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 04:48 PM PDT

    I personally love the 3ds versions of the Ace Attorney series games, but because of DD's android price tag, I'm highly considering getting it through them instead. What do y'all suggest? Which one did/do you prefer?

    submitted by /u/talk2camden
    [link] [comments]

    Narumitsu Week Fanart, July 1#= Family Yes I traced the sprites cause I don’t know how anatomy works

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 06:00 AM PDT

    Ace Attorney Anime: A rant

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 12:36 AM PDT

    So I just started watching the anime adaptation.

    Some background:

    I grew up playing the original AA trilogy, more than a decade ago. After loving the series for so long, I decided to recently go back and re-play the entire series, from AA1 to AAI2, DD, and SoJ. While the later games felt slightly off in the themes they explored, they still had the same wacky, fun atmosphere coupled with serious moments and amazing reveals, and all of the entries were better than I remembered. Especially in the original trilogy, I don't think I ever fully understood the story and character nuances of the final case in TaT until my recent playthrough, and it really hit me in the feels this time around. Maybe I might post detailed analysis of the games or the cases someday, since there seem to be so many character details hidden in AA that is easy to miss on the first playthrough. But I'm sure there's already many of those, given how long we are waiting for an AA7 if it ever comes.

    Onto the present, I decided to finally watch the AA Anime Adaptation. I've heard people say it was trash, others say it was mediocre, and a few saying it was good. The overall impression seemed to be that it was mediocre at best. So I decided to go in with an open mind, and to judge the adaptation solely based on what I saw.

    Do note that I watched the film adaptation before this as well, and I thought that they did alright given that they had an anime-style video game as a source.

    I've just finished watching the 3rd episode of the anime.

    Nothing in the world can describe how disappointed I am.

    Pacing is completely off, the music is mediocre and does not do the original soundtrack justice, the sound design is just completely off and ruins the pacing even further, creating sudden, choppy transitions in between moments that are supposed to be serious vs comedic.

    The animation style is alright, but there's so much inconsistency in the animation that it just becomes ridiculous. The 3D animation used for the background so far simply outlines how unmotivated they were in making this adaptation.

    I can understand that they decided to go for the goofy aspect of the games instead of the seriousness that the film went for. But the story of AA shines because of its serious moments, not its silly moments, and the anime fails to balance the two unlike the games.

    Do keep in mind that I am making these statements when I'm only 3 episodes in. Take my rant (AKA opinion, not fact) with a giant pile of salt.

    With the general statements out of the way, let's get more specific.

    The first Opening is... something. I'm not fan of that "running characters" trope in anime openings, and it's done horribly here. I think we can all agree that Phoenix Wright running in a suit across a sunflower field looks kinda stupid. The music is alright, somewhat catchy. The parallels between Phoenix and Edgeworth is slightly overdone but that's fine as well. The problem here is that there is nothing that really stands out and makes you think "This is Ace Attorney": in fact, it's generic. Couple characters running, Shounen Protagonist vs Edgey Rival, Sunflowers (why though), obligatory Mia death flag. Nothing special, if not slightly disappointing.

    Episode 1, or Case 1-1, was actually not too bad. The characterization of Phoenix as a newbie fresh out of Law School is a perspective we don't really see much in the games, and it works - he feels like a slightly more mature version of his Case 3-1 self. I quite like how they incorporate game mechanics like the green-text textboxes, or evidence presentation, etc.

    However, this episode already starts showing problems in the pacing and sound design - everything just moves too quickly, and the music keeps changing abruptly. It really felt like it was aimed at people who already knew the story and just wanted to see the "big reveal moments", but in a very roundabout way. They simply skipped through and fast-forwarded a lot of the stuff. And Larry's reaction to his girlfriend getting killed? What the heck? He showed almost no signs of lingering attachments to her even after the trial, to the point where it seemed unnatural and creepy in the anime. She was your damn girlfriend, Larry.

    Despite that, the way they cut out stuff from Case 1-1 was actually not too bad. It was a tutorial case, and of course a lot of things would hinder the plot from progressing. How they handled cross-examination was good as well. However, it was in Case 1-2 Investigation and first trial, in Episodes 2 - 3, that these issues became glaringly obvious and inconsistent.

    Going into Episode 2, I cringed at Gumshoe's introduction. The theme they chose for him is horribly unfitting. Recall in the game, when Phoenix finds Mia's body? It's supposed to be tense, with the "Tension" OST playing, the blue palette in the background highlighting the dreary atmosphere, etc. They could have done it so much better in the anime. In fact, they were doing alright with the elements mentioned above - and then, they completely ruined it with the track they chose for Gumshoe. It completely ruins the atmosphere and makes Mia's death seem more like a joke. What the hell? This is a character introduced as Phoenix's mentor in the first episode, whose death people are supposed to find mildly shocking at the very least, but they just play it up as "Plot stuff, now let's move on". And this is just first of the many issues with the anime adaptation, but this post is long enough even without discussing the other issues. (Also, why was Steel Samurai Ballad even used for Phoenix thinking of Mia? This also makes me concerned that they would use the same theme for every sad moments in this anime. I want to hear all the beautiful reminiscence themes in the AA series, dammit)

    On the other hand, the scene between Phoenix and Maya at the detention center? Now that was something I would have liked to see more of. However, this scene, having come right after the bad taste that the first 10 minutes of this episode left behind, really lacks the impact. Additionally, I really don't think anyone would have minded if they dragged out the cases, snuck in optional dialogues here and there, and fleshed out both the investigation parts and the trial parts.

    April May doesn't even exist as a character - in fact, we don't see her calling the police OR in the hotel room. The only time we see her is in the courtroom, and so her "true personality reveal" means absolutely nothing and seems more like a gimmick.

    Knowing that Redd White's confession was even more gimmicky in the games, I'm not sure if I even want to bother with the next episodes, though I really would like to see how they handle it going forward - whether they start getting better, or if it slowly descends into a dumpster fire.

    TL;DR

    Ace Attorney anime episodes 1-3 suck. They don't do justice, for all the cases. Some good stuff, but lots of mediocre stuff. Pacing bad, Sound design bad, etc.

    I do realise in hindsight, though, that my rant has been rather negative because I always wanted an Ace Attorney anime that was more serious and darker in tone, that could bring out the best in the original trilogy. I'm salty because I got a kid-friendly, goofy anime that probably acts as a marketing tool for the Trilogy releases (not unlike Skyrim) on 3DS, PC, Switch, PS4, PS5, Samsung Refrigerator, Google Glass, etc. I really do want to do a more thorough comparison in the future if I feel up to it, Ace Attorney is a great series with a great story that deserves more than this.

    submitted by /u/Metrivo
    [link] [comments]

    I have some Questions.

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 07:19 AM PDT

    (sorry for english I am bad at spelling

    How the hell does apollo act normal after finding out>! trucy is his sister !< like come on man they don't hint at it they tell you in black and white in the marson part of 4-4 at the resturant and dont say he didnt see it because in the trail he knows about the drew's letter by the recorreding by phoenix.

    so why does not act differant

    submitted by /u/incineroar_boi_125
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment