• Breaking News

    Tuesday, April 21, 2020

    Ace Attorney I doodle Ace Attorney characters Week 1: Phoenix Wright

    Ace Attorney I doodle Ace Attorney characters Week 1: Phoenix Wright


    I doodle Ace Attorney characters Week 1: Phoenix Wright

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 02:03 PM PDT

    I just finished the original trilogy, and I wanted to share my personal case tier list (with some little opinions about each one)

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 02:04 PM PDT

    I don’t know what I was thinking when I made this, I just randomly found it in my images.

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 01:40 PM PDT

    Spotted this familiar statue in New Horizons Update trailer

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 06:55 PM PDT

    Anyone know where I could get one of these?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 06:45 PM PDT

    "Sympathetic" villains (contains spoilers for TnT and JFA)

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 05:24 PM PDT

    One thing that I always tend to see a lot of on Ace Attorney forum ls is debate over villains that are portrayed in a sympathetic light such as Acro or Godot as well as claiming that the game expects you to feel sorry for them. I'm just wondering what some of you guys consider to define a good sympathetic villains and at what point is the game really expecting you to feel sorry for them? (For example, is this always the case whenever they start crying in their breakdown or if there's a reminiscence theme playing?)

    submitted by /u/WeirdBandKid789
    [link] [comments]

    Have the writers explained what inspired them to include this plot element? (Spoilers for original trilogy)

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 02:35 PM PDT

    I'm currently replaying Bridge to the Turnabout, and as you all know this episode very very heavily draws on the supernatural elements present in this series (namely, the Kurain Channeling Technique). And it got me thinking about the inclusion of channeling in this trilogy in general.

    Am I the only one who finds this an odd thing to include? This is a lawyer game, set in the contemporary era, that takes inspiration from real-world law and real-world forensics (though obviously not 100% realistic in those areas), and a major aspect of its storyline is the ability of certain characters to channel the dead. That's something more fantastical than other less realistic forms of media. Channeling the dead?

    I just can't help but wonder: how did the writers come up with this idea? A game wherein you play as a defense attorney where spirit channeling exists? It just sounds like an awfully conflicting clash of tone. Now it certainly isn't a bad clash because I love the games and the Fey/Hawthorne/DL6 plot arc, but I'm just fascinated to know how he came to this idea.

    Have the writers/Takumi ever talked about this and why they include fantastical elements in a game like this?

    submitted by /u/ShiningConcepts
    [link] [comments]

    Finished trials and tribulations.

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 10:35 PM PDT

    How is Godot pronounced?

    submitted by /u/ComicWriter2020
    [link] [comments]

    I’m debating on whether or not i should buy the trilogy edition on switch.

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 01:49 PM PDT

    Warning: Don't mean to offend anybody, I haven't experienced the series yet, so what I'm saying is just what I think the series is about.

     I have been interested in the game for a while now but I don't know if it's worth it. Im pretty interested in murder mystery games and the trilogy seems fun but What I'm thinking the game is seems a bit too simple. I want to know if there's more to it than just a simple crime and then a simple investigation. Like is there an interesting plot and crime because from what I'm thinking, it's just a choose a crime and then solve said crime. 
    submitted by /u/AngelBeatw
    [link] [comments]

    Who is your least favorite character in the Original Trilogy *Spoilers*

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 02:41 PM PDT

    Besides Dahlia, my money is going to Matt Engarde.

    Kidnapping Maya for a "Not Guilty" verdict is more than to just rat out everyone involved in your scheme. And that doesn't make me think that Juan Corrida had lost enough for it what did during his peril, only because he lost the woman he loved. Not only that, but the trial itself raised at high stakes at the cost of the stupidest action the true culprit ever did. Blackmailing "De Killer" because he did for the evulz, but hasn't realized it was against his code so now that left him with either going to death row or possibly murdered by De Killer.

    Who is your least favorite character in the original trilogy and why?

    submitted by /u/CamperorLOL
    [link] [comments]

    Question about Ep 5 on switch/PS4

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 03:04 PM PDT

    So I have the trilogy on my 3ds but want to get it again on a newer system for the HD art and graphics. Was just wondering how do the new mechanics introduced in episode 5 (touch screen, blow into mic, etc) work on switch and PS4? Tried looking elsewhere but couldn't find anything

    submitted by /u/Okoran98
    [link] [comments]

    Just finished Turnabout Corner...

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 02:39 PM PDT

    Alright so prior to playing Apollo Justice I've played the trilogy and both Investigations games. I was hesitant to play AJ because of mixed reception, but finally by Ace Attorney itch outpaced that and I got started. Turnabout Trump is an amazing first case, though I still think Turnabout Target is the best first case.

    I can see why Turnabout Corner is relatively mixed by fans. I liked it more than Turnabout Big Top and The Kidnapped Turnabout, but if I were to rank every case I've played in the series, it definitely wouldn't break the halfway mark. Wocky feels like Feenie from 3-1, in that they're both head over heels for the culprit and won't tell the truth about what happened. Speaking of similarities with 3-1, Alita is pretty much a dollar store Dahlia Hawthorne, which is disappointing because Dahlia is one of my favorite characters and I couldn't really connect with Alita in the same way. The should have made her smile less menacing, I had a feeling she was the culprit the moment I saw that smile. Eldoon's pretty cool I guess, so are the other Kitaki's. Wesley Stickler is a dollar store Richard Wellington. The idea of multiple mysteries converging into one seems nice, but I feel like it wasn't executed perfectly. We still don't know why Meraktis hit Wright with his car (dumb luck is probably the answer, but that's an unsatisfying one). Also how the hell does a doctor not know that he didn't accidentally kill someone. Even fucking Larry Butz can check a pulse.

    Onto some good stuff. Perceive is by far my favorite special ability in the entire series so far. The magatama and logic were pretty cool, and logic chess was a really good device for the narrative, though gameplay wise it was pretty easy. Perceive is amazing. Being meticulous is rewarding, and there's no room for dumb misunderstandings. 10/10 minigame. The 3d environment is great as well. Much better for visualizing the murder. I like the direction Ema Skye is going. Instead of being as bubbly as her 15 year old self (which would clash with Trucy's personality), she's become jaded with the world. Klavier is pretty nice as well. Franziska, Godot, Lang, and Justine were all super antagonistic to the protagonist (initially), so it's nice to see a prosecutor who's pretty nice.

    Overall 6/10 case. The side characters were kinda stale and the mystery wasn't top notch, but the main characters were nice and the gameplay is great.

    submitted by /u/Occidere8
    [link] [comments]

    3DS question

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 12:06 PM PDT

    I just completed the Ace Attorney trilogy on my Switch. I see there's no more games on that console in this series...

    So my problem is that my 3DS is pretty old, and the top left shoulder button doesn't work. Can I play the next Ace Attorney games on my 3DS with this issue?? Everything else mostly works (I can't afford to get a new one for a few months)

    I don't currently have my normal phone set up so mobile is out of the question for a while.

    submitted by /u/canidaemon
    [link] [comments]

    I just beat all 6 main Ace Attorneys! Here are some thoughts...

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 11:28 PM PDT

    It was ok I guess, here's my personal rankings of each game:

    1. Dual Destinies

    2. Apollo Justice

    3. Justice for All

    4. Spirit of Justice

    5. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

    6. Trials and Tribulations

    My top 5 cases:

    1. 4-1(Turnabout Trump)

    2. 2-3(Turnabout Big Top)

    3. 5-5(Turnabout for Tomorrow)

    4. 1-4(Turnabout Goodbyes)

    5. 1-3(Turnabout Samurai)

    Top 5 characters:

    1. Trucy Wright

    2. Athena Cykes

    3. Murder Hobo Phoenix

    4. Godot

    5. Princess Rayfa

    Very curious to know how this compares to the general consensus on the games! Also, for the record, I got bored as fuck in Rise from the Ashes and never got the DDDLC, so I haven't finished those two and never will. Same with Professor Layton 1, so I'm not touching that or PLVPW either. As for Investigations, I went to play after SoJ and I died after the first twoish hours because I was being dumb on a cross examine and the game kicked me back to the start menu, and I didn't use save states because I had not anticipated getting sent that far back... I don't even want to bother at this point. Honestly not sure where to go next. I've played Danganronpa/Zero Escape/Euphoria/Somnium already...

    Edit: Also what the fuck was with the broken statue in 5-5? You find stuff laying around it but I don't remember them ever explaining how it was broken in the first place and stuff, just felt like a shitty red herring

    submitted by /u/Sendhentaiandyiff
    [link] [comments]

    Survey on avatars and gaming... I'd appreciate your help :)

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 09:40 PM PDT

    Hi everyone! 🙂

    Are you stuck at home and feel like helping out some gaming researchers to potentially win a prize?

    I would be really grateful if you could please complete my survey for my Master's thesis on the importance of avatars. It should take about 10 minutes.

    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/RSRYKKH

    I'm interested in how we interact with our gaming avatar/character and how much it matters to the gaming experience. You can complete the survey regardless of the type of avatar you mainly use (e.g., it can be a human, car, animal, alien… anything)! There are standard psychological questions about the way you think/act, and some questions about your general gaming habits.

    You will go in the draw to win a $50 AUD Coles/Myer voucher.

    Thank you for reading my post and (hopefully) completing the survey!

    submitted by /u/r__green
    [link] [comments]

    I've been wondering about Borginian

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 08:49 AM PDT

    I'm currently on Turnabout Serenade, and I'm curious about the Borginian language. In my head, (based solely on their names) I hear some sort of mix between a Slavic and French-like language, with a hint of middle Eastern. So I came up with some potential language combinations to come up with a con-lang (fake language).

    First, I combined elements of Bulgarian, Arabic, Ukrainian, and Old French.

    English: Hello. My name is Lamiroir

    Habveĭte. Jem svasime Lamiroir

    I also have one combining Swedish, Norwegian, Czech, and Turkish.

    Merhaloj. Mjegnim sır Lamiroir

    I'm a little more sure about the top one over the bottom one, but what do you think? Is it okay? What parts should I keep and what other languages could I mash into here?

    I feel like it should have it's roots in a more Slavic region with maybe some Germanic influences and South-West Asian inspiration.

    (Edit: I just realized that I probably need to do more research on languages rather than just mashing them together.)

    submitted by /u/KaiJenson
    [link] [comments]

    Completed Dual Destiny after stalling for so long

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 04:17 AM PDT

    It was pretty good honestly,better then Apollo justice in my opinion there were somethings that kinda annoyed me like

    • The shift of Phoenix Wright's character who kinda got retconned back to his pre apollo justice persona just seemed a bit strange tbh.
    • While the case with the discovery of the phantom was cool and all I honestly think as a villain he was a bit weak.
    • The Yokai case was a bit boring,but honestly cases where they outright expose the villain in the intro tend to be a bit weak

    But,yea outside of those few points I thought it was pretty great.The new cast were decently strong and the DLC case was a lot of fun.

    submitted by /u/base_curry_fan
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment