• Breaking News

    Wednesday, October 13, 2021

    Ace Attorney [OC] Ace Attorney girls (+ Gumshoe) with lawyer figurines (Sketch)

    Ace Attorney [OC] Ace Attorney girls (+ Gumshoe) with lawyer figurines (Sketch)


    [OC] Ace Attorney girls (+ Gumshoe) with lawyer figurines (Sketch)

    Posted: 12 Oct 2021 07:47 PM PDT

    All the Anniversary Feelings

    Posted: 12 Oct 2021 09:43 AM PDT

    Edgeworth's office I made in Blender to celebrate the 20th anniversary ��

    Posted: 12 Oct 2021 07:54 AM PDT

    How to properly examine a prosecutor's office (DGS 2-3 spoilers)

    Posted: 12 Oct 2021 06:11 PM PDT

    HAPPY 20TH ANNIVERSARY TO ACE ATTORNEY!

    Posted: 12 Oct 2021 08:24 AM PDT

    I did some nail art to commemorate today's anniversary! Happy 20th to my favorite series!

    Posted: 12 Oct 2021 12:19 PM PDT

    Edgeworth painted by me.

    Posted: 12 Oct 2021 01:00 PM PDT

    HAPPY ANNIVERSARY ��

    Posted: 12 Oct 2021 02:36 PM PDT

    I drew some Ginas

    Posted: 12 Oct 2021 10:02 AM PDT

    From the official site: "Going forward, we pledge to continue bringing the Ace Attorney series to you in a variety of engaging ways" - what do we think?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2021 02:17 AM PDT

    Van Zieks must be 3 bottles deep if he's smiling, but it *is* an anninversay. Happy 20th Anniversary Ace Attorney! [OC]

    Posted: 12 Oct 2021 01:59 PM PDT

    My new Ace Attorney plushies got delivered a couple weeks early. A nice surprise for the 20th anniversary.

    Posted: 12 Oct 2021 01:55 PM PDT

    It's always Susie as Maya so now I give you Maya as Susie !! (crossover art)

    Posted: 12 Oct 2021 07:02 AM PDT

    [Minor Spoiler Fanart] Van Zieks and his dearest friend (by @shino_dgs on Twitter)

    Posted: 12 Oct 2021 10:25 AM PDT

    Happy birthday, my great grandson

    Posted: 12 Oct 2021 01:21 PM PDT

    [Minor Spoiler Fanart] More Van Zieks and his dearest friend (by @shrimp_dango on Twitter)

    Posted: 12 Oct 2021 10:29 AM PDT

    Which of the mainline games do you see as your most favorite Finale case?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2021 11:38 PM PDT

    Two Franchises, Two Anniversaries

    Posted: 12 Oct 2021 08:10 PM PDT

    2021 marked anniversaries for two of my favorite franchises: Pokémon and Ace Attorney. I wanted to talk about what being a Pokémon fan is like around its 25th anniversary and what being an AA fan is like around its 20th.

    # Pokémon: Where do I start?

    Pokémon and I go way back; I played my first Pokémon game about ten years ago when I was on spring break. I didn't beat my first Pokémon game until a year later (I was a really dumb kid back then), and I've played most main series Pokémon games since (I haven't played any of the Gameboy games, though). Obviously, Pokémon is a much, much bigger franchise than AA; in fact, Pokémon is the highest-grossing media franchise of all time. I have had a much easier time connecting with Pokémon fans for the simple reason that there are a lot more Pokémon fans.

    However, while the Pokémon fanbase is very large, it is one of the most toxic fanbases on the Internet. Fans never seem to agree on which generation is best, with Generation V being a particularly controversial generation, going from the most disliked generation when it first came out eleven years ago to possibly the most loved generation nowadays. Many fans have noted that the newer games have been quite underwhelming compared to earlier installments and have blamed GameFreak for refusing to listen to fans and rushing games (even though GameFreak always has very serious time constraints). There are many types of Pokémon fans, from the "genwunners" to the shiny hunters to the competitive battlers. Despite all this, the fans seemingly came together to celebrate the franchise's 25th anniversary back in February (Pokémon Red and Green released in Japan on February 27, 1996). Fans seemingly did the same thing five years ago for the twentieth anniversary. Perhaps these show us how fans can all come together.

    # Ace Attorney: Significantly less toxic

    I became an AA fan last May. I was at home for the last three months of school because of the pandemic, and towards the end of quarantine, my brother bought the Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy HD on the Nintendo eShop. My brother had been an AA fan for a few years up to that point, as my brother wanted to become a lawyer. We were pretty dedicated that summer. We spent almost every second of our free time playing through the Trilogy, even finishing Bridge to the Turnabout in just one day. We then went on to AJ, then DD, then SOJ, then AAI. We took a fairly long break from AA then, before coming back to play through GK2 in late November and December (since we both had school, it took us a lot longer to get done). And just a few weeks ago, we finally finished Chronicles after spending a month and a half trying our best to get around each other's schedules.

    Originally, when it seemed as though Capcom wasn't going to do anything significant for the anniversary of AA, I began to believe that Capcom was done with it. It made logical sense, I thought. AA is less profitable than other Capcom franchises, the last three main series games were divisive and didn't sell as well, and the fanbase in Japan, where the franchise is most popular, had allegedly lost interest in the series. But now, seeing that Capcom has done quite a bit to recognize AA's twentieth has given me a ton of newfound hope in the series. Not only have I seen members of this sub come together to talk about this obscure VN series that they love, but I have also seen Capcom showing that they still care about this franchise. Capcom said on the 20th anniversary website that they plan to continue this franchise for years to come, and hearing that made me feel reinvigorated. I feel like I've had a "great revival," pun intended. Unlike Pokémon, which is so big and has had such a massive impact that it will likely never die, no matter how bad the games are, AA is a small franchise with little more than a small, but loyal fanbase on the Internet, especially here in the West. I've spoken to a few friends about AA, and many of them have never heard of it (I do know one person who's an AA fan, though, a big one at that). I don't know what else to say really. Happy Anniversary, Ace Attorney! May the Great Turnabout never end (hopefully)!

    submitted by /u/AnythingMasterGabe
    [link] [comments]

    UDON Entertainment is reprinting their Ace Attorney artbooks for the 20th anniversary!

    Posted: 12 Oct 2021 01:04 PM PDT

    Practicing my Japanese, so tried to translate some 4komas/doujins from 貧血玉子 on Pixiv (Source in comments, spoilers for character designs from 6-3 and GAA2-4 but no actual case spoilers)

    Posted: 12 Oct 2021 11:32 AM PDT

    How did you feel about the 20th anniversary?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2021 06:24 PM PDT

    What is the cheesiest moment in Ace Attorney?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2021 10:02 AM PDT

    The "Power of Friendship" cutscene in Turnabout Academy for me. They didn't need to add Hugh screaming in the end like ANY OTHER ANIME CHARACTER, but he did anyway.

    submitted by /u/Illustrious-Emu-7900
    [link] [comments]

    It’s a day late for his birthday…. But happy birthday Phoenix and happy Anniversary Ace Attorney!!

    Posted: 12 Oct 2021 07:42 AM PDT

    Blackquill under his black-quilt

    Posted: 12 Oct 2021 11:22 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment